Ladyboys V Leinster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Re: Ladyboys V Leinster

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

Dave wrote:It was a much better performance, especially in defence, but we still need personnel changes in the team. Guys like Diack, Roger, Warwick, Lutton etc.. have been tom kite all season. I don't fall for the one off performances, these guys are not consistent enough. Diack had a one on one tackle opportunity with Ruddock on the prom side, both guys similar in size. Ruddock brushed him off and Diack scrags him by the ankles, Ruddock is able to offload and this led up to their non try and subsequent pen try. Your backrowers have to at least match the opposition. Marcell would have emptied him. Keep Marcell fit and I think we can raise our game to the next level with Jonno on board.

I thought Leinster played pretty poorly. They were hampered by a few players being rubbish. I thought Carberry was atrocious and I don't see the fuss in him. He danced around and went sideways. His passing was abysmal and a few went straight into touch. He got rewarded for his dancing by Treadwell who absolutely tanked him. He is a mads-lite. With a better 10 they would have been more threatening.

Noel Reid will have nightmares about big Stu who absolutely flattened him a few times. Ringrose was kept quiet by Luke until that giant gap in midfield opened up. We were still bunching up in the middle at times. Ringrose is one of the best gap exploiters around.

This will serve as an excellent warm up to the main event versus the baabaas.

FOLK
Guys saying that was a nothing game are wrong, great result and as Baggy says a big lift for us

Agreed with your assessment too Dave, Diack has had one and a half good games all season, just not good enough

Roger played like a man possessed and probably a worth MOTM. McCloskey clearly had a point to prove with Joe being there and I reckon he's played himself on to the summer tour. Carbery however is excellent. He's got a long way to go but he's a class player. Possibly more of a 15, though. Ringrose was seriously impressive as you say, he's a lot quicker than I had realised before

Anyway, sort of glad the seasons over. Get a fit Coetzee and Botha, Cooney in along with the new coaches and see how we get on
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Carberry has the talent to go with his very obvious flaws, however on Saturday, he was wee c carberry, a pale imitation of our p of course but rivalled p for the most brainfarts in a match. I counted 4 glaring ones. Interestingly both have 3 caps for FIreland.

Brainfarts:

1@ missing a cinch of a penalty, any one of the 3 crossbar challenge punters would have nailed the one he stuck against the woodwork, maybe he thought there was £1500 in it for him. :D

3 @ passes into touch, it began to happen so often I was calling for a penalty for deliberately throwing it into touch. Each one a classic of its type, each one hurled p-like in the direction of nobody in particular. Each one a source of great merriment in the stadium.

His major flaws are:

1) placekicking is far worse than that for which the Mexican press gave Paddy a kicking.
2) kicking from hand is average at the very best
3) loves to take 2/3 sideways steps before passing.

I'm sure some will add to that but as I say talented boy in many ways and wearing blue will of course mean he will prosper in terms of Ireland caps.

I pronounce wee c as the Brainfart Champion of Ireland.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Carberry has the talent to go with his very obvious flaws, however on Saturday, he was wee c carberry, a pale imitation of our p of course but rivalled p for the most brainfarts in a match. I counted 4 glaring ones. Interestingly both have 3 caps for FIreland.

Brainfarts:

1@ missing a cinch of a penalty, any one of the 3 crossbar challenge punters would have nailed the one he stuck against the woodwork, maybe he thought there was £1500 in it for him. :D

3 @ passes into touch, it began to happen so often I was calling for a penalty for deliberately throwing it into touch. Each one a classic of its type, each one hurled p-like in the direction of nobody in particular. Each one a source of great merriment in the stadium.

His major flaws are:

1) placekicking is far worse than that for which the Mexican press gave Paddy a kicking.
2) kicking from hand is average at the very best
3) loves to take 2/3 sideways steps before passing.

I'm sure some will add to that but as I say talented boy in many ways and wearing blue will of course mean he will prosper in terms of Ireland caps.

I pronounce wee c as the Brainfart Champion of Ireland.
Agreed with this, his passing wasn't great on Saturday, hence why I see him short term as a full back. His kicking from the tee is bad but let's not forget so too was Jacko's and he's now probably the best kicker in Ireland. He got a great 3 points vs NZ lets not forget. As I said, a lot to learn, but one of the best natural talents Ireland have brought through in a long time imo
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

jean valjean wrote:Apart from playing personnel we have everything we need to win this.
A cause - Ruans last game
An atmosphere - see above plus at least 4 hours pre game drinking time
A dry day - allows a scrappy, unstructured game where we may pull off some moves
A hesitant opposition - when it comes down to it these Leinster players know the game doesnt really matter to them. When tiredness kicks in this will count.
Carbery and reid - big stu should be licking his lips. Young Joey has never played at ravenhill and I can't remember an interpro newbie ever having a good game first time out.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Broken clock and all that.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Change of subject but nonetheless in my opinion somewhat systematic of some of the problems we bring upon ourselves at UR albeit this one looks non rugby..

At the match on Saturday I happened to stumble across one of the Press Photographers on the pitch side move to the side to take some pics as Ruan as he came off.... When he moved back to behind the goal he was confronted and challenged ay another Press Photographer.. now under normal circumstances one might expect that all photographers to be equal however not the case at UR where it appears one photographer has control over others...

It is part of the Ulster Way... to sleep with your cousin and keep everything within the family so to speak.. the photographer was getting quite a pasting as I listened to a stern lecture in you will do what I allow you to do or else... nothing to do with the team but as I say systematic of the Ulster Way and how things operate within the operation... you can then be a director of connected business and reach out and get your fingers into all sorts of pies.. probably own the copyright to the badge even.. anyhow off subject.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

bit, is there anything you'd like to share?
'Sleeping with yer cousins and keeping it in the Family'
'I'd love to get big Willie drunk'

Now I'm as gay as yer man beside Baggy and I've slept with many of my cousins, but we were all under ten yrs old and it was in a big tent at my Uncle's house of the Flowbog Rd, but your posts seem to have a sexual bias which some may not be altogether comfortable with.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Tighter End wrote:bit, is there anything you'd like to share?

Now I'm as gay as yer man beside Baggy and I've slept with many of my cousins, but we were all under ten yrs old and it was in a big tent at my Uncle's house of the Flowbog Rd, but your posts seem to have a sexual bias which some may not be altogether comfortable with.
In your endo
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Damn autocorrect. Feck this forum with no edit or quote it truly is an Ulster Rugby Forum.
That last post should start with Cockatrice's normal abbreviation.
We all love a bit of in yer endo.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Cockatrice wrote:Change of subject but nonetheless in my opinion somewhat systematic of some of the problems we bring upon ourselves at UR albeit this one looks non rugby..

At the match on Saturday I happened to stumble across one of the Press Photographers on the pitch side move to the side to take some pics as Ruan as he came off.... When he moved back to behind the goal he was confronted and challenged ay another Press Photographer.. now under normal circumstances one might expect that all photographers to be equal however not the case at UR where it appears one photographer has control over others...

It is part of the Ulster Way... to sleep with your cousin and keep everything within the family so to speak.. the photographer was getting quite a pasting as I listened to a stern lecture in you will do what I allow you to do or else... nothing to do with the team but as I say systematic of the Ulster Way and how things operate within the operation... you can then be a director of connected business and reach out and get your fingers into all sorts of pies.. probably own the copyright to the badge even.. anyhow off subject.
You would think that someone who was abused by fellow photographers at the Stade Francias game a few seasons ago would be a bit more understanding, but obviously not, Does the photographer sell his photos that he has privileged access too and if so does the branch get a percentage?
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Tighter End wrote:bit, is there anything you'd like to share?

bit to Tighter End... Glad you read the posts some don't before commenting... anyhow nothing to worry about although you did miss my reference to getting a 'hard on' waiting for Gibbes arrival and the start of something 'big' next season.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

I didn't want people thinking you're obsessed
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

scrum5 wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Change of subject but nonetheless in my opinion somewhat systematic of some of the problems we bring upon ourselves at UR albeit this one looks non rugby..

You would think that someone who was abused by fellow photographers at the Stade Francias game a few seasons ago would be a bit more understanding, but obviously not, Does the photographer sell his photos that he has privileged access too and if so does the branch get a percentage?
He certainly has privileged access and clearly has made a bit of dosh out of UR and for me systematic of the in-house attitude adopted by UR in everything they do both on and off the pitch.. If one didn't know any better you think he provided the accrediting and not UR... also Head of Global Communications at Esportif for his troubles.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

It might be off topic but this kind of sh-1-t gives me rising bile at the back of my throat. Makes me want to puke.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Tighter End wrote:Damn autocorrect. Feck this forum with no edit or quote it truly is an Ulster Rugby Forum.
That last post should start with Cockatrice's normal abbreviation.
We all love a bit of in yer endo.
Nonsense Tender, the last post starts with a subdued, tah daah. Way and learn your bugle. :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Wonder is he on here?

FOLK
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?