He's more Duct Tape than man now....

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Re: He's more Duct Tape than man now....

Post by Gerald the Mole »

big mervyn wrote:
Polly Cotton wrote:The band has to go.
Mrs BM asked me "if everyone hates them, why do they keep playing?"
Lets guess , money, friends from the Col happy slappy church, free jackets, free access, oh and no one else will have them.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

There is one place that someone in UR needs to show Rodney and that is the door... he left the field yesterday around 30 minutes into the game not it would appear injured just simply fecked from his efforts.. he was seen later with his bib on running warms up behind the goal yet further confirmation that he was not injured... of course if we give him a couple of years we might turn him into a useful prop well heres my opinion on that your wasting your fecking time and money... door now and lets move on.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

No use showing Rodney the door - he wouldn't fit through it
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Hope all the "if he's good enough for Rory" brigade listen now. Theres no doubt he can basically hold a scrum up. If that's what Rory judged him on, fair enough. I cant really get how Rory, UR and anyone else advocating RAY could've done so if they'd known his utterly shyte disregard for fitness, attitude and professionalism. Either they had the wool pulled over their eyes or were lied to. There was a reason Connacht got shot, and a cursory round of their fan sites gave big clues as well as watching some of his abortive appearances mostly as third choice. Is third choice TH at Connacht good enough for UR? Ironically their two main squad tightheads are ex UR academy. :scratch: :duh:

I really hope Gibbes shows him the door or if hes contract bound, banish him to AIL, and we persevere with Kane Simpson and the worringly injury prone Herbst.

Lets forget all this RAY potential shyte and develop our own fs.
Exterminate all rational thought
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: I really hope Gibbes shows him the door or if hes contract bound, banish him to AIL, and we persevere with Kane Simpson and the worringly injury prone Herbst.
I really hope Gibbes sits him down and explains to him that he has the goods to be a professional rugby player, but if he fails to stick to the attitude, fitness and weight targets set he's gone.
The guy needs to be motivated, obviously that's as long as he is motivatable.
The first person to crumble in a dysfunctional situation will be the one with the most inner demons.
If Kiss, Gibbes, et al can bring stability to the squad and a positive environment, anything could happen or maybe he just isn't disciplined enough and is doomed.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:Hope all the "if he's good enough for Rory" brigade listen now. Theres no doubt he can basically hold a scrum up. If that's what Rory judged him on, fair enough. I cant really get how Rory, UR and anyone else advocating RAY could've done so if they'd known his utterly shyte disregard for fitness, attitude and professionalism. Either they had the wool pulled over their eyes or were lied to. There was a reason Connacht got shot, and a cursory round of their fan sites gave big clues as well as watching some of his abortive appearances mostly as third choice. Is third choice TH at Connacht good enough for UR? Ironically their two main squad tightheads are ex UR academy. :scratch: :duh:

I really hope Gibbes shows him the door or if hes contract bound, banish him to AIL, and we persevere with Kane Simpson and the worringly injury prone Herbst.

Has anyone got the exact quote from Rory? I remember reading l Rory stating he was a good scrummager, which he generally is. I don't remember reading a full endorsement of Rodney. I'm not saying he didn't say, I just haven't read it yet.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Dave wrote:
CIMANFOREVER wrote:Hope all the "if he's good enough for Rory" brigade listen now. Theres no doubt he can basically hold a scrum up. If that's what Rory judged him on, fair enough. I cant really get how Rory, UR and anyone else advocating RAY could've done so if they'd known his utterly shyte disregard for fitness, attitude and professionalism. Either they had the wool pulled over their eyes or were lied to. There was a reason Connacht got shot, and a cursory round of their fan sites gave big clues as well as watching some of his abortive appearances mostly as third choice. Is third choice TH at Connacht good enough for UR? Ironically their two main squad tightheads are ex UR academy. :scratch: :duh:

Has anyone got the exact quote from Rory? I remember reading l Rory stating he was a good scrummager, which he generally is. I don't remember reading a full endorsement of Rodney. I'm not saying he didn't say, I just haven't read it yet.
Nope it seems apocryphal tbh. :scratch:
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Snipe Watson wrote:
CIMANFOREVER wrote: I really hope Gibbes shows him the door or if hes contract bound, banish him to AIL, and we persevere with Kane Simpson and the worringly injury prone Herbst.
I really hope Gibbes sits him down and explains to him that he has the goods to be a professional rugby player, but if he fails to stick to the attitude, fitness and weight targets set he's gone.
The first person to crumble in a dysfunctional situation will be the one with the most inner demons.
If Kiss, Gibbes, et al can bring stability to the squad and a positive environment, anything could happen or maybe he just isn't disciplined enough and is doomed.
All I'll say is Lam made a statement in his selection policy, and RAY wasn't even break glass. That Carey came in for him tells you all you need to know. Before Carey, White, Bealham and was it Loughnan ( i think) were ahead of him. As i said previously, i was at last years pro 12 final and he was a disgrace. On the ferry with Westies fans, they considered him a joke and well shot. Couldnt believe UR took him.

U think Lam doesn't know a good forward/ prop if he sees one? The guys a waste of space. We should lay down a marker-" up to you to prove your good enough-" so you' re nowhere near the squad until you prove your attitude, fitness and commitment, otherwise f*ck him out. We already carry too many passengers- not ruthless enough and that includes squad standards and cleaning house.

He never should have been signed and every warning sign was there and ignored imo.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
All I'll say is Lam made a statement in his selection policy, and RAY wasn't even break glass. That Carey came in for him tells you all you need to know. Before Carey, White, Bealham and was it Loughnan ( i think) were ahead of him. As i said previously, i was at last years pro 12 final and he was a disgrace. On the ferry with Westies fans, they considered him a joke and well shot. Couldnt believe UR took him.

U think Lam doesn't know a good forward/ prop if he sees one? The guys a waste of space. We should lay down a marker-" up to you to prove your good enough-" so you' re nowhere near the squad until you prove your attitude, fitness and commitment, otherwise f*ck him out. We already carry too many passengers- not ruthless enough and that includes squad standards and cleaning house.

He never should have been signed and every warning sign was there and ignored imo.
I don't know, he has shown signs of being able to scrummage and carry ball effectively. His time at Connacht was no doubt a failure, but that doesn't mean he had to be a failure here. Different people react in different ways to different environments. He's contracted for next season, so he'll either sink or swim. We'll know by late September if he's a flop.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

So he was a success here then Snipe?
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I say give him next year and then a two year option then at least we can make a balanced assessment.. Feck no get a set of balls and get rid of deadwood this isn't some kid at 19-20 showing promise he has all but wasted his talent and was far from first choice at Connaght.. We need to develop SID and this isn't the way and I bet he wouldn't last a half even in the AIL.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

If he's shown the door he'll likely eat the feckin thing. He's gotten bigger, slower and more lazy as the season has progressed. He moves like an asthmatic pensioner on Tramadol and shows little interest in what unfolds right in front of him unless he has a fork in his hand. If Gibbes turns Heh-you into a Rugby player good enough to compete at PRO12 levels, he'll either be beatified or replace David Copperfield at Caesars Palace.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Kane will be first choice TH next season. Injury permitting.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

scrum5 wrote:So he was a success here then Snipe?
A rhetorical question no doubt scrummy.
He could put together a decent 5 minute highlights reel and that seems acceptable to many as proof of genius.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cornerfleg wrote:Lutton won a turn over, made a tackle and moved about the pitch.... A skillset Big Dave can only dream of....
Lutton was bullied in the scrum, Rodders wasn't. Injured after 10 minutes, shyte happens, off on 30.

The more astute of you will have noticed that Healy was at his usual tricks in the scrum, step sideways and then drive, watch the first scrum before the penalty try. Then when it was given, Leavy more or less broke his bind to the extent he was almost ahead of Furlong and got into Warwick at right angles. Then again, I've looked at it on TV, he was reffing the cheating Mexican motherfuc'kers live.

Watching from behind the posts it's amazingly different from the side on TV view. You see all the blocks, jumper pulling that characterised the career of Plug the sleekit big get, he may not get all the coaching kudos but he has passed on all the ways to cheat that characterised his modest career which should never have been glorified by international recognition.

I had a moment of pure joy sitting on the veranda of the Carlos V Hotel in Granada a couple of weeks back, Leinster think they have scored a possible match-winning try from distance, you can only guess the level of my joy when the eagle-eyed touchie spotted Leavy holding back a tackler to create the gap. Let's say that on a serene sunny Sunday afternoon the couple sitting at the table nearby seemed astonished as the old codger with the iPad fist pumped. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have I mentioned I hate Mexico? Hope the Scaaaaaaaaaaaaalets get their laces right through the ballixes.

I've watched the game twice - once sober, I'll watch it again, meaningless my ageing hole. :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.