He's more Duct Tape than man now....

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: He's more Duct Tape than man now....

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
big mervyn wrote:I find brass bands have a melancholy sound. All right out of doors, of course - fifty miles away. Like bagpipes, they turn what had been a dream into a public nuisance.

Thomas Beecham
Remind me, Merv was he the powders man or the clart that ruined Britain's infrastructure closing thousands of miles of perfectly good rails.

(damn beaten to it by PWR) Image

Poor old band have a hard road to travel, I seldom find them uplifting, occasionally annoying but when they hit on an ideal appropriate message for the dearly departed, most have not one fecking lulu what it is, most think they've taken a wrong turn to a funeral and many are just too .................... well I'll put it this way, Russ probably thinks a bit of hip hop hippity-hop would be ideal, Fleg is probably still groovin' on Elvis & thon Snipe fella looks like a bit of upbeat Richard Clayderman would float his boat, CIMAN admittedly would be more Stones than Beetles but may have a high regard for Elton Jim, bar the lifting of gentlemen's attire perhaps. Gary, of course, would be more of a Pink Floyd man as indeed would be our dear friend Mac, who I hope is in rude good health as I've missed his morning updates on the papers, rather surprised it hasn't been mentioned in passing.

I found it deeply appropriate other than in its execution, with only they'd contracted Dame Vera to sing it, sorry Stander. >EW
I prefer guldering

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Pink Floyd???????? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mind you, "The Wall" was something else.

Now if Baggy had said something like Blondie, SLF, Ian Dury, Stranglers... :D
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Always had you pegged as a Nathan Carter man Gaz!!!!!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cornerfleg wrote:Always had you pegged as a Nathan Carter man Gaz!!!!!
That's uncalled for.

Tell you what shocks me - Andre Rieu fans. I've been recently been gobsmacked to find devoted aficionados amongst acquaintances who, in other aspects, I hold in the highest regard.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Gary wrote:Pink Floyd???????? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mind you, "The Wall" was something else.

Now if Baggy had said something like Blondie, SLF, Ian Dury, Stranglers... :D
Apologies Gary, I knew the wall got a mention on Saturday :lol: SLF eh? I remember them fondly for that great song with the best intro of all time, what was it called? Ulternative Alster I think .........................shall we?

12, 1234 ....... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLo7z50Tt2g The only thing that I'd get less tired of repeating is beating those Mexican basterds.

Now if only the band could do that justice. If only we could have an alternative Ulster Rugby DOR.

FOLK.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Cornerfleg wrote:Always had you pegged as a Nathan Carter man Gaz!!!!!

Had to google Nathan Carter.

Thought he sounded a wee bit like someone I heard at a stag thingy a few years ago. Doesn't he, Fleg?

Altogether now - "is this the way to Amarillo..." >elvis
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Jake Burns (SLF) once punched me right on the nose, but I still rate him as an old school friend.
Strange we haven't had a mention of the legend who was Joe (There's no show, like a Joe show) Dolan.
Keep it Kuntry.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Tighter End wrote:Jake Burns (SLF) once punched me right on the nose, but I still rate him as an old school friend.
Strange we haven't had a mention of the legend who was Joe (There's no show, like a Joe show) Dolan.
Keep it Kuntry.
Joe is/was several classes above the kuntry and Irish detritus.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Good to see in UAFC tradition, the post has went from slating a player to the band, consistency , the Ulster Way, any how, the band is gone , Logie met with Hugo Duncan yesterday in the now renamed Colonels Merchant, contracts signed and he will be playing at the Wasps pre season friendly. He will be miked up and have a set of decks in the soon to be renamed Nambarrie Family Stand, "Horse it in to you Rodney" Flash yer lights if you see the peelers " for Marcell and Herron," One more last chance " for p and that old classic Hugo's ever lasting No1 in the Irish Charts "Dear God"
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Kofi Annan wrote:Good to see in UAFC tradition, the post has went from slating a player to the band, consistency , the Ulster Way, any how, the band is gone , Logie met with Hugo Duncan yesterday in the now renamed Colonels Merchant, contracts signed and he will be playing at the Wasps pre season friendly. He will be miked up and have a set of decks in the soon to be renamed Nambarrie Family Stand, "Horse it in to you Rodney" Flash yer lights if you see the peelers " for Marcell and Herron," One more last chance " for p and that old classic Hugo's ever lasting No1 in the Irish Charts "Dear God"
Kofi you may have been big chief in the UN but that is no excuse for mentioning the Hugo man from Strabane
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Butros Butros Gali was a huge Joe Dolan fan. He would oft be heard belting out 'Make me an Island' whilst splashing the porcelain in UN HQ.

Oh me oh my, she make me sigh she's such a gud luckin woman.

Mullingars Maestro.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.