Ulternative Player of the Season

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Pick your player of the Season

Andy Warwick
No votes
Callum Black
No votes
Kyle McCall
No votes
Rory Best
No votes
Rob Herring
No votes
John Andrew
3%
Wiehahn Herbst
No votes
Ricky Lutton
3%
Rodney Ah You
5%
Franco Van Der Merwe
No votes
Alan O'Connor
No votes
Kieran Treadwell
5%
Pete Browne
No votes
Iain Henderson
No votes
Robbie Diack
No votes
Chris Henry
No votes
Sean Reidy
56%
Roger Wilson
No votes
Marcell Coetzee
No votes
Clive Ross
No votes
Matt Rea
No votes
Nick Timoney
No votes
Ruan Pienaar
3%
Paul Marshall
3%
Dave Shanahan
No votes
Paddy Jackson
No votes
Brett Heron
3%
Pete Nelson
No votes
Stuart McCloskey
No votes
Stuart Olding
No votes
Luke Marshall
No votes
Darren Cave
No votes
Charles Piutau
No votes
Andrew Trimble
No votes
Craig Gilroy
No votes
Jacob Stockdale
13%
Tommy Bowe
No votes
Rob Lyttle
No votes
Jared Payne
No votes
Louis Ludik
8%

Total votes: 39

Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Ulternative Player of the Season

Post by Amiga500 »

Pish season with mostly pish performances.

Who in your opinion was the wan who could hold their head highest?
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulternative Player of the Season

Post by ruckover »

Sean Reidy by a country mile.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Dave Ah Feck .... by a country pie.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

In Ireland it has to be Devon Toner. No one else can hold their head as high.

FOLK
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

Reidy. Leads me to wonder what kinds of performances he's capable of in a decent back row... Although it is interesting to note that the other highest tacklers in the league also came form tom kite teams!

Treadwell definitely find of the season. Longterm, him and Henderson look like they'll be a hell of an engine room if Ulster can get a couple of decent props to front them up.
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Went for Reidy. Aside from the tackling, some of the support lines and linkup play has been exceptional. No better example than the try against Exeter - which we badly needed at the time. I still remember a lovely jink on the Clock 22 which left a full back flailing (can't remember who against).

I suppose an honourable mention must go to Stockdale. I had strongly questioned the wisdom of letting Scholes go and keeping Stockdale (who to my eyes looked a bit like Bambi last year). Hold my hands up - well wrong on that one.
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

Regardless of what Stockdale has proven this season, letting Scholes go is still a bad move. Bowe is a busted flush; Trimble is almost certainly waining; Charlie is out the door at the end of next season; and Gilroy's development has gone into reverse at an alarming pace. Stockdale and Lyttle aren't enough options for my liking.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Amiga500 wrote:Went for Reidy. Aside from the tackling, some of the support lines and linkup play has been exceptional. No better example than the try against Exeter - which we badly needed at the time. I still remember a lovely jink on the Clock 22 which left a full back flailing (can't remember who against).

I suppose an honourable mention must go to Stockdale. I had strongly questioned the wisdom of letting Scholes go and keeping Stockdale (who to my eyes looked a bit like Bambi last year). Hold my hands up - well wrong on that one.
Reidy is a great link man and such a reliable tackler, which is exactly what we need. I don't think you were the only one saying that about Stockdale. I personally thought he was a little slow. Full credit to JD, he has done some fantastic work with him as he is now lightning quick. He has that magic ingredient of pace and power. All he needs now is regular game time.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Dave wrote:
Amiga500 wrote:Went for Reidy. Aside from the tackling, some of the support lines and linkup play has been exceptional. No better example than the try against Exeter - which we badly needed at the time. I still remember a lovely jink on the Clock 22 which left a full back flailing (can't remember who against).

Reidy is a great link man and such a reliable tackler, which is exactly what we need. I don't think you were the only one saying that about Stockdale. I personally thought he was a little slow. Full credit to JD, he has done some fantastic work with him as he is now lightning quick. He has that magic ingredient of pace and power. All he needs now is regular game time and to keep his head firmly out of his brennan.

Following the progress of some of out other young potentials I have completed your analysis above. >gimmefive
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Reidy for me is the most consistent good player we have, Rodney is the most consistently bad
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Rooster wrote:Reidy for me is the most consistent good player we have, Rodney is the most consistently bad
and p is the most consistently inconsistent. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Reidy, but he's not an 8.
Great cover tackler, not an impact hitter, but always get's his man. Great workrate.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

p is the worst player in the pro 12.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Snipe Watson wrote:Reidy, but he's not an 8.
Great cover tackler, not an impact hitter, but always get's his man. Great workrate.
+1
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Neil F wrote:Regardless of what Stockdale has proven this season, letting Scholes go is still a bad move. Bowe is a busted flush; Trimble is almost certainly waining; Charlie is out the door at the end of next season; and Gilroy's development has gone into reverse at an alarming pace. Stockdale and Lyttle aren't enough options for my liking.
Scholes has only had 2 starts and 5 appearances in total for Embra so if he went there for more game time, he may be a bit disappointed...