Where did it all go wrong?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Re: Where did it all go wrong?

Post by nonplussed »

I'm not sure I would throw Doakie into that group. Yes it was time for him to move, but not because he was toxic more because, well his time was done, it happens in most jobs eventually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Tighter End wrote:It matters little if URSC meetings are recorded and if you want a side bar, you'll need to approach the bench. He was recorded in an address to a N.I.Assembly quango telling the same fairytales.
He has repeated the 'Best in The World' guff on several occasions and the only reason we don't take it seriously(Bart), is because nobody with an i.q. over 35 takes anything he says seriously.
Tighter - with no meaningful way of making comparisons with Super Rugby teams, how can any team (ie now Sarries) claim to have achieved best in the world status? That's why i say it was a meaningless objective - as it could never really be measured. The fact that we would only have achieved Logan's objective if it was to be better than any team in Italy is another matter of course.....
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Bart S wrote:
Tighter End wrote:It matters little if URSC meetings are recorded and if you want a side bar, you'll need to approach the bench. He was recorded in an address to a N.I.Assembly quango telling the same fairytales.
He has repeated the 'Best in The World' guff on several occasions and the only reason we don't take it seriously(Bart), is because nobody with an i.q. over 35 takes anything he says seriously.
Tighter - with no meaningful way of making comparisons with Super Rugby teams, how can any team (ie now Sarries) claim to have achieved best in the world status? That's why i say it was a meaningless objective - as it could never really be measured. The fact that we would only have achieved Logan's objective if it was to be better than any team in Italy is another matter of course.....
it is still nonetheless fecking interesting that supporters meetings were being recorded presumably in secret.... I would imagine that any management/ player or ex-player since would be wise to consider this before they turn up and say something that might bite them in the ass.
Last edited by Cockatrice on Fri May 19, 2017 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

URSS is all about power, leverage and control

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Was that not USSR?
Bart, I think we all know it was a meaningless objective and just a stupid clumsy way of saying he would make us brill. My point is he repeatedly used it and in the case of his submission to the Arsembly sub committee, he knew that everything said was being recorded. Do we simply shrug and say 'Ahh bless, he means well'? He's the CEO of what's supposed to be a professional club and as such he should at least try to be professional. Repeatedly spouting populist sound bites to please the plebes, simply highlights the man's obvious shortcomings.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Tighter End wrote:Was that not USSR?
Bart, I think we all know it was a meaningless objective and just a stupid clumsy way of saying he would make us brill. My point is he repeatedly used it and in the case of his submission to the Arsembly sub committee, he knew that everything said was being recorded. Do we simply shrug and say 'Ahh bless, he means well'? He's the CEO of what's supposed to be a professional club and as such he should at least try to be professional. Repeatedly spouting populist sound bites to please the plebes, simply highlights the man's obvious shortcomings.
Well he was speaking to a few plebs in Storming, so I can almost see past that one...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Cockatrice wrote:it is still nonetheless fecking interesting that supporters meetings were being recorded presumably in secret.... I would imagine that any management/ player or ex-player since would be wise to consider this before they turn up and say something that might bite them in the ass.
Who said supporter's' club meeting was recorded?

CEO's talk was recorded, with his prior knowledge, for the possibility of a report later.

AGM had finished. Talk was separate from AGM.

Nothing to see here. move on.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:it is still nonetheless fecking interesting that supporters meetings were being recorded presumably in secret.... I would imagine that any management/ player or ex-player since would be wise to consider this before they turn up and say something that might bite them in the ass.

CEO's talk was recorded, with his prior knowledge, for the possibility of a report later.

Great news Grumps, is the recording still in existence? I'd love to hear exactly what his words were since there is general confusion over quite what he promised/ alluded to what may be achievable.

My big issue is his lack of action over the two lads scrapping for years & doing nothing, but in fairness to him, if he didn't make statements that many have attributed to him, the truth should out & quantities of humble pie awarded to the needy.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

Is there anything to hear though?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

Intentionally or not but it was implied
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Mark McCall lost today

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

He was found in Dunnes following the in store announcement and has been reunited with his parents.
It's great when things end well.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

I agree with Baggy, if it was recorded and Logan was okay with that, could you put it up on sound cloud for all to hear.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

Intentionally or not but it was implied
And there is s nutshell is the problem with a discussion forum like this being used for discourse that is in any way complex and has contributors who are less than objective.