Deysel.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Deysel.

Post by Rooster »

Neil F wrote:Given the circumstances, far from the worst signing I think Ulster could have made. But it also does seem to be a reflection of the circumstances. Doubt he'd have been anyone's first choice had this signing been made at the start of the season. Which kind of does beg the question about why it's a two-year deal...
Perhaps he wouldn't come on a 1 year deal ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Deysel.

Post by kingofthehill »

Rooster wrote:
Neil F wrote:Given the circumstances, far from the worst signing I think Ulster could have made. But it also does seem to be a reflection of the circumstances. Doubt he'd have been anyone's first choice had this signing been made at the start of the season. Which kind of does beg the question about why it's a two-year deal...
Then he should be ruled out.

We have gone from 4 NIQs to 3 so saying that we aren't able to get the likes of a Ruan again should be nonsense with more money essentially available.

With the underwhelming signing of Deysel (IMO) expect Ulster to announce the two year contract extension of Trimble in a matter of days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

Good signing- tough player but still gives the opportunity for some the younger guys like the Rea brothers to come through in the longer term(hopefully more likely with Gibbes developing them).
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

Rooster wrote:
Seems the most likely explanation to me; but still worth questioning if it's then the best deal Ulster could have struck? Again, to be clear, this signing is probably about as good as one could have expected in my opinion. Deysel should certainly be a cut above Ulster's other options, too. I'm just surprised that someone was signed at such short-notice on a 2-year deal. Maybe it is the best bit of business Ulster could have done but I'm running low on faith on how well Ulster are run behind the scenes... Is Deysel on a two-year deal because he is available and was potentially able to benefit from Ulster's current needy circumstances the best choice? Even if I'm fairly happy with the general news today, I think that's worth questioning.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Mixed opinions here, I'm pretty much ok with it in the circumstances in which it's been done. I never expected he would push Stander, O'Mahony or O'Donnell aside as a few months loan man. I also believe we are sorely in need of a tough nut and not a Dan who is easily broken.

Would I have put him top of the list of whom I'd want, nah but he is the sort of player who if he settles well here could be a bleedin' diamond, no call ups, here all year, no interference from D4 as to when he plays. There is much to commend that if he settles and does his thing. I'd hope he may have bustin' a few oppose in his armoury, long time since we've had a man who likes to plough through guys.

Optimistic about this, especially in the circumstances. Furthermore I don't get the big issue about 2 years, we've hardly stopped carping about a man and his family being uprooted. 2 years is surely the minimum he would accept, one year tells him, you aren't important here mate, you are a stopgap. Further it takes up up to the RWC after which who knows who might be available.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Tough! He might be tough compared to our powderpuff girlies, but in real terms he couldn't bate back doors for bins.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Tighter End wrote:Tough! He might be tough compared to our powderpuff girlies, but in real terms he couldn't bate back doors for bins.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Remind me not to bad mouth you in the Memorial Stand next season Tender, the last thing I need is a hard mon knackin' my balleeks in. My best fightin' years were quite some time ago ................... mind you there was that scrap a couple of years back................. nah, yis wouldn't be interested. :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Great signing. 3/4 years ago it would have been a fantastic signing. Still decent business from UR.

#brill
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

https://youtu.be/UAprWVtsHHk

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Lol. He played an integral role in feck all happening there.

Didn't realise that the Sharks (as our feeder squad) were obliged to wear rebadged Kukri jerseys.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

jean valjean wrote:https://youtu.be/UAprWVtsHHk

Very homo erotic. :stir:
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

caledoniancelt wrote:
jean valjean wrote:https://youtu.be/UAprWVtsHHk

Very homo erotic. :stir:
Thought it might get baggy's juices flowing #gayasthenextman

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I am not buzzing, but not disappointed either.
We needed a hard man and we've got one. He will make the aggressive tackles that swing momentum. Seems to be a decent ball carrier too. Edgy would be the word I'd use.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Well I'm all moist after watching that. I bet he loves to spoon.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
drumquinandy
Novice

Post by drumquinandy »

Check out the 1st comment below the video! Such a modest girl Olivia.....