British & Irish Cup 17/18

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Re: British & Irish Cup 17/18

Post by scrum5 »

Think I will attend just to see the Hond playing, heard good things about him.... :banghead:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

5pm KO, must be to suit the Parrots, 5pm KO, must be to suit the Parrots
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Neill_M wrote:Ulster A team to play Cornish Pirates, Friday 12th January at Shaw's Bridge, 5.00pm:

(1-8): Tommy O'Hagan, John Andrew (C), Ross Kane, Peter Browne, Clive Ross, Caleb Montgomery, Matthew Agnew, Marcus Rea;

(9-15): Jonny Stewart, Peter Nelson, Aaron Cairns, Rory Butler, Callum Patterson, Rob Lyttle, Jack Owens.

Replacements: Zack McCall, Tom O'Toole, Eric O'Sullivan, John McCusker, David Shanahan, Chris Swash, Angus Kernohan.

Top of the table clash, both sides sitting on 14 points.
Clive Ross in 2nd row.

Is McCusker a 2nd row or backrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

kingofthehill wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Ulster A team to play Cornish Pirates, Friday 12th January at Shaw's Bridge, 5.00pm:

(1-8): Tommy O'Hagan, John Andrew (C), Ross Kane, Peter Browne, Clive Ross, Caleb Montgomery, Matthew Agnew, Marcus Rea;

(9-15): Jonny Stewart, Peter Nelson, Aaron Cairns, Rory Butler, Callum Patterson, Rob Lyttle, Jack Owens.

Replacements: Zack McCall, Tom O'Toole, Eric O'Sullivan, John McCusker, David Shanahan, Chris Swash, Angus Kernohan.

Top of the table clash, both sides sitting on 14 points.
Clive Ross in 2nd row.

Is McCusker a 2nd row or backrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2nd row. Not a fan of that decision at all, McCusker seems to have fallen out of favour a bit though, especially with the emergence of Dalton and even Regan has been ahead of him as well.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Strange not to have Cave there

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Banished again ...

I wonder is Rum the only punter here that Les listens to ... probably explains why we're up shyte creek without a paddle.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:Strange not to have Cave there

Is at Pirrie Park with the 2 unmentionables ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:

And Stephen Donald

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Rooster wrote:

And Stephen Donald

Brett
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

1) One is amused that they play a game that could have interested the punters at 5 PM as Belfast empties. I would like to have gone, but with Mrs Trousers, at death's door someone has to mine the shap

2) How much is Herron being paid to play AIL Ragby? Whatever it is, it's that much too much.

3) You will see Cave at 23 this week. The defeat in Dublin was clearly his fault, he was singularly unable to force Piutau & Cube to tackle. Kiss is right to drop him for a man, Louis, to whom everyone will kock an ear to hear him bark out instructions. :roll:

4) Charles Piutau, I see the normally sensible page three stunner Liz name check him earlier as part of the spine. Stick yer baps away for a few seconds and answer me this one petal. Piutau is the best player in the league according to popular theory, ok so far dahlin'? So how do you get to be the best player in the league when you can't kick well, your passing is ordinary at best, has the almost unmatched ability to pick out a player, shuffle up to him Bob-like and lose possession and to top it all off, considers tackling optional.

Best player in the league my arsehole, he is a great winger played out of position by a simpleton with fusty facial hair, a serious twitch that reminds me of Geoff Wheel and who could not pick dingleberries from the shillicks of his dungbox nor the crack in his big hairyarse. A serious waste of money as it turns out & like Jackie, frankly I'm as keen to see the back of Chaz as I am to see Kiss dead. NOw turn it in with nonsense, the spine of the team, love? Spineless maybe, just watch him grab thin air at the RDS rather than make a straightforward tackle and come back to me, reminded me of him deciding not to bother his shapely arsepeice in Toemund last season.

That apart I got nothin' on this game, finding it really hard to think the SDC is remotely important.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

maybe Louis could be full back this week With Charlie and Stockdale on the wings and the same centres as last week. Personally Baggy I have never considered Cave as a good option at 23 , have always considered 23 to be a Wing/Full back option provided you have a player who can move into centre if needed -- which I believe Ulster to have .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

rumncoke wrote:maybe Louis could be full back this week With Charlie and Stockdale on the wings and the same centres as last week. Personally Baggy I have never considered Cave as a good option at 23 , have always considered 23 to be a Wing/Full back option provided you have a player who can move into centre if needed -- which I believe Ulster to have .
Ludik is actually a coaches dream of a back replacement, covers fullback wing and centre
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rooster wrote:
rumncoke wrote:maybe Louis could be full back this week With Charlie and Stockdale on the wings and the same centres as last week. Personally Baggy I have never considered Cave as a good option at 23 , have always considered 23 to be a Wing/Full back option provided you have a player who can move into centre if needed -- which I believe Ulster to have .
Ludik is actually a coaches dream of a back replacement, covers fullback wing and centre
Two left footers on the wings?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

I’d like to see Geoff Wheel at fullback.

If you pick a discreet dingleberry then you’ve great sleight of Hand.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Talking of great spine of the team, Rory is the third best hooker Ulster have.

100 caps for Ireland but behind beagle, Robbie Disco and DUI Wilson who gave his best years at The Saints, to the 200 club?

Personally I’d play him at outside centre this week.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND