Benetton Rugby Vs Ulster 09/09/17 @ 17.05 BBC2NI

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Benetton Rugby Vs Ulster 09/09/17 @ 17.05 BBC2NI

Post by BR »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
BR wrote:
Joe Schmo wrote:Sorry, did someone just say Marcell is out for the rest of the season? After 50 min?
Yes
What a waste of 600k , could have paid the rates with that.
for a while, anyway.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:So ... we want Cooney to be as good as he can be without catching Joe's eye Image

Where's p in the pecking order now? Bit unfortunate for him that circumstances have denied him the chance to stake a claim.
I'd like to see Cairns given a spot on the bench.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kofi Annan wrote:Anyone know why Piutua was not selected.
I do, our mastermind FOLK thinks he's a fullback but Louis Ludik needed time at 15 to show that Les doesn't mind if you pish in his bovril .................. if you are top class.

So Charless to 15 next week then and Tommy a fixture at 13 ............. despite being blamed at Camp Spanners for a try by Cheetahs & being modest to shyte yesterday, albeit he wasn't alone in that by a long way.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:So ... we want Cooney to be as good as he can be without catching Joe's eye :lol:

Where's p in the pecking order now? Bit unfortunate for him that circumstances have denied him the chance to stake a claim.
That's about the height of it Merv but............ LOOK, with Murray, Marmion & McGrath starting at the other three provinces John will be putting himself in line for the bench for the Wolfies.

With any luck, p's crisis will pass and he will show us all what we haven't been missing, God love the young fella mind ye, wouldn't wish it on a Saracen. I have never been a fan but I wish him & family well.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
Joe Schmo wrote:Sorry, did someone just say Marcell is out for the rest of the season? After 50 min?
Meant to say Bowe was shyte at 13.... but as baggy say playing there on instructions from the bosses at D4.. people left last week saying we were champions elect after last week against the Cheetahs... hopefully now for some reality is setting in. The Cheetahs are shyte however a lucky win against Scarlets next week and everything will be forgotten.
Cave is a 13, Bowe is not.
That is so correct it's an immutable fact.

Good shout Ger. :thumleft:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Nobody prepared to take a punt and express an opinion on our no 10 who was largely anonymous yesterday, so far? :roll:

I wouldn't either, too early to say, give the bloke a chance. :D
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Nobody prepared to take a punt and express an opinion on our no 10 who was largely anonymous yesterday, so far? :roll:

Pack had a harder time so he was under more pressure
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

What was the game plan? There was absolutely no pattern in our game. I'm by no means a top analyst but I'll be fecked if I can make head or tail out of what we were trying to do.

We did nothing whatsoever consistently.

I can handle the anger and frustration if I look back and reflect on a game and can see what we were trying to do but just couldn't execute.

I look back and see nothing, no structure, no repetitiveness nada nout sweet f.a.

That's my conclusion.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

UlsterNo9 wrote:What was the game plan? .
Doakball Plus.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

UlsterNo9 wrote:What was the game plan? There was absolutely no pattern in our game. I'm by no means a top analyst but I'll be fecked if I can make head or tail out of what we were trying to do.

We did nothing whatsoever consistently.

I can handle the anger and frustration if I look back and reflect on a game and can see what we were trying to do but just couldn't execute.

I look back and see nothing, no structure, no repetitiveness nada nout sweet f.a.

That's my conclusion.
A bit like the 2 preseason matches then, I think the Cheetahs match just sort of came together by accident and the Cheetahs being the worst side we have ever played.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
Doakball Plus.
Doakball was structured, what we had for the past 2 seasons was a variation called Kissball, so yesterday was actually Kissball Plus
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:
BR wrote:
Doakball Plus.
Doakball was structured, what we had for the past 2 seasons was a variation called Kissball, so yesterday was actually Kissball Plus
I agree - Doakball Plus Plus.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

You guys sure there shouldn't be a minus in there somewhere? Look pretty negative to me, I looked all around for positives & the only one I could see was Kiss being closer to the sack. :roll:
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

What sticks out to me as really embarrassing ... we field a side with 5 local lads in it ... coached by foreigners and lead by a foreigner ... and we were shyte, pure shyte - could you begin to contemplate the magnitude of the inept shyteness had we fielded 15 locals coached by a local and lead by a local ... they haven't built a shyteometer capable of measuring the dross we can churn out from our own beds here.

Our absolute inability to produce half decent players coaches and DORs is strikingly embarrassing ... if it wasn't for these morons, clowns, imports and journeymen we'd be left with nothing to gurn about only our sorry selves.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Nobody prepared to take a punt and express an opinion on our no 10 who was largely anonymous yesterday, so far? :roll:

Yes he didn't exactly stand out but did not commit many errors, so he's above average in this squad. We attempted the single static runner a fair bit, which they expected and it failed. He has been parachuted into a side struggling for fluency for about three years. The game up here is much more stop start than super duper rugby.

When you have a saft saffer getting rucked off the ball by backs and the pack as a whole being fairly anonymous at the breakdown, that doesn't help a ten. Christian thrives off quick ball yet the recycling was so slow. As someone pointed out, it took a back to try the first pick n go. It was fairly successful. I think we would have scored too but the usually reliable Reidy coughed up the pill. Rusty from the pointless FIRFU designated rest.

Stockdale also almost created a try but then threw the ball away, when it was probably harder to miss the incoming support. He's just a nipper so he'll improve in that regard. He was probably our best ball carrier and shamed a few forwards.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?