Bakebook comes to UAFC

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Bakebook comes to UAFC

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Well, maybe not quite, but given how we are now the prospective champions having dispatched the defending champions, and may I say in a paradoxical way, both more & less easily that the scoreboard shows at one and the same time, for I know that this all sounds, and is, hollow.

But riding along on the chest of a slave :scratch: , sorry, the crest of a wave, I had another gleek at the fixture list.

For those for whom that would be just too much trouble, let me say that the league have done their level best to give Ulster a fighting chance. We know that we are in a two-tiered league in terms of quality, some right dross & a handful of good teams, we know also that we will face our fellow Patricks both home and away so alls fair there BUT take a look at the rest of the fixtures and you will see that the only other game that should be in the slightest doubt is Scaaaaaaaaaaalets away.

We have Ospreys & Weegies at home, so all other away games at the dross should all be a cakewalk, FFFS we don't even have to go to high altitude this season. Qualification and potentially 1st seeding appear a formality .....................

....................unless of course, we face the likely scenario of Rory playing almost no games for Ulster this season given his current impersonation of Hopalong Cassidy & international commitments, that Marcell plays no more this year than last, so another two & a half games to go, that Girrid stays injured as usually barring SDC & International games and that various other players are either involved in scrapes with the Police or judiciary, or the usual run of bizarre, apparently unlucky injuries, that FOLK has another spat with Louis Ludik and sends him off to train with Cave & the young gentlemen (who are currently barred from Aquinas by the headmaster - allegedly), some clampit referee does us.

So everything clear I hope, we can expect the usual mix of promise and serious disapointment ............and probable defeats at Embra, Caaaadiff & the Dragoons. :duh: :duh: :duh:

We are BRILL. :red: :fleg: Stand up for the boys. :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: Bakebook comes to UAFC

Post by rumncoke »

Playing any Welsh side in Wales in never easy, or a foregone conclusion; also every team is capable of playing at least one good game a season, from an Ulster supporters point of view you always hope its against Leinster or Munster and not when playing Ulster.

Provided The Ulster backrow remain intact, and the half back situation after Christmas is resolved, and the current import stays injury free, Ulster might give Leinster a run for their money , Baggy there are two big if's in that statement .

But the big weakness is that Ulster's weakness of cover for back row and half backs is Leinster's strength is they do have cover for half backs and back row, the two key areas on the pitch.

And there is the unfortunate fact that some of Ulster's stars are on the wane.

Counting eggs is fine but they still have to hatch to become chickens.

The season is but three weeks old and a lot of balls will be kicked (and written ) before the end.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Without checking, I don't think we often lose to Glasgow at home. Last year we managed to duff them away too.

I can't believe people want that Les fellow out.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

We are brill
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

rumncoke wrote: Counting eggs is fine but they still have to hatch to become chickens.
Not if you're making cupcakes!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote:
rumncoke wrote: Counting eggs is fine but they still have to hatch to become chickens.
No matter whether anyone is making cupcakes or not, eggs do have to hatch if they are to become chickens.

They don't have to hatch to become part of a cupcake.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
BR wrote:
No matter whether anyone is making cupcakes or not, eggs do have to hatch if they are to become chickens.

I'm not aware of any eggs that do hatch to become part of a cupcake, but then I'm not a biochemist, geneticist or baker, so maybe a minor mod to the assembly code and it can be achieved. Isn't science (and thread hopping) truly wonderful.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

A cupcake that interfaces with another medium which both has ε = 1 and absorbs all the radiation incident upon it, is said to be an un-hatched egg. The surface of the un-hatched egg can be modelled by a small hole in the wall of a large enclosure which is maintained at a uniform temperature with opaque walls that, at every wavelength, are not perfectly reflective. At equilibrium, the radiation inside this cupcake follows Planck's law, and so will the radiation coming out of the small hole .... and a soggy bottom.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
BR wrote:

Hatching into chickens is totally overrated in my opinion,
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Keep chipping away. One day you'll change your mind.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bakebooker looking a name and number printed on the back of an Ulster jersey.
eeyore
Initiate

Post by eeyore »

At least the shirt with name and number was for a child. It's the w@nker who wants to design a flag for the South Wales Ulster Rugby Supporters Club that boils my pish. A full on tool
Wooohooo!! Only donkey left on the board
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

South Wales Supporters Club :lol:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Now someone wants a 'tannoy shout-out' at the Leinster game for a wedding anniversary. This nine day turnaround is sending them nuts.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

damianmcr wrote:South Wales Supporters Club Image
Word begins with F, ends is S

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk