Charles Piutau interview in Grauniad

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Charles Piutau interview in Grauniad

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cornerfleg wrote:

Ha ha ... Dave you funny guy ... I raugh ...
but not a rot ...

You mentary dellanged Dotard ... You rike da ban' ...
Ha I raugh at you again ... you on a suicide mission ...
dey lubbish.
Dey never pray Kim Wil' ... dey clap.

You think you flighten me,
you best buddies with Rittle and Rarge ... big deer
Ret me tell you Dave ...
Res couldn't pick his nose and Rogie is a plick ...

Get me ... I best buds wi' Jonno ... he one hard ass ... he make Lobbie Diack into one hard - Big Fi' Big Fi' - mofo
yeah ...
how bou' I send him lound you house ... he knock your barrix in ...

I also got a fully roaded Lodney leady to raunch any time ...
yeah da' scares da shi' outta of you ...
bling it breed, I ain't scared of you
Superb piece of lacial steweotyping Freg. I guldered. :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jizzer I know you understand this, but rugby doesn't have a transfer market so there can be no direct comparison.

Irish teams then operate in even stranger circumstance with NIQ numbers, so it was blatantly obvious that Franco as an example would be on his way. Furthermore with the NH & SH playing seasons being opposite ends of the calendar, its perfectly reasonable that deals have to happen with an eye to when a player may move between hemispheres so there will always be deals done in advance, it can't be any other way.

That said Piutau's transfers seem way ahead of most players. I'm not bothered by it mind you because I never remotely considered he would stay, though it does make Ruans disgraceful treatment all the more irritating, whilst the ballix Visa Nacewa was given BIB Immunity.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

A few on bakebook still moaning about him leaving but there is no way that his contract would have been renewed by us. Not with major question marks hanging over the out-half position for next season.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Absolutely Dave, if we aren't given first dabs on that, I'm taking a contract out on Nucifora,

Here is a thought, I know a guy would fit the bill nicely and would be potentially be available after SR next September. He's called Christian Leali'ifano, what do yis think, might that work?

I also know a guy playing the Japanese league who would be available just at the time our current 10 goes back to Oz. A 35 year old chap called Giteau.

Just saying. Sure..... waddyeyeno? Nathin'.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Absolutely Dave, if we aren't given first dabs on that, I'm taking a contract out on Nucifora,

Here is a thought, I know a guy would fit the bill nicely and would be potentially be available after SR next September. He's called Christian Leali'ifano, what do yis think, might that work?

I also know a guy playing the Japanese league who would be available just at the time our current 10 goes back to Oz. A 35 year old chap called Giteau.

Just saying. Sure..... waddyeyeno? Nathin'.
I suppose we could ask our sugar daddy for a few mill. He's no wains or nahin.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I have nothing but respect for the PI's culture of supporting the family to the best of their ability and that, of course, runs to their extended family. So I have no axe to grind with Chuck, we heard he was coming for two years, some thought he wouldn't leave Wasps, he was good to his word & I for one never ever thought he would be here for longer than the single contract though I did think he may well have gone back to NZ & the All Blacks.

What his next contract pays him is absolutely of only passing interest to me. Good luck to him for the future, I won't be following his Bristol career whereas I'm more than interested in Ruan at Montpellier.

On the other hand, I do take Jizzbeg's point on how I will remember him compared to Ruan or Johann, I will always have some love for the 2 guys for what they brought to Ulster. Charless just doesn't compare.

He has been like a tasty confection, not longlasting on the taste buds but a brief delight. I have to say I was largely underwhelmed by him initially, you could see the skills & the ability, but he was being wasted at 15 and didn't to me appear to have the skill set for a 15, I like mine to have a good kicking game like Girrid does in spades. Of course, we know that he is hugely better as a winger and FOLK was a bloody waster with his talent, he looks like he's intent of wasting the second year too. :roll:

Lionel, thanks for the link, by the way, interesting stuff. :thumleft:

Baggy your use of the word “underwhelmed” takes me to the fair after the bashing you gave me upon his signing announcement for using that very word .... I haven’t slept right since :lol: :lol:
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Bring Humph On!! wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:I have nothing but respect for the PI's culture of supporting the family to the best of their ability and that, of course, runs to their extended family. So I have no axe to grind with Chuck, we heard he was coming for two years, some thought he wouldn't leave Wasps, he was good to his word & I for one never ever thought he would be here for longer than the single contract though I did think he may well have gone back to NZ & the All Blacks.

What his next contract pays him is absolutely of only passing interest to me. Good luck to him for the future, I won't be following his Bristol career whereas I'm more than interested in Ruan at Montpellier.

On the other hand, I do take Jizzbeg's point on how I will remember him compared to Ruan or Johann, I will always have some love for the 2 guys for what they brought to Ulster. Charless just doesn't compare.

He has been like a tasty confection, not longlasting on the taste buds but a brief delight. I have to say I was largely underwhelmed by him initially, you could see the skills & the ability, but he was being wasted at 15 and didn't to me appear to have the skill set for a 15, I like mine to have a good kicking game like Girrid does in spades. Of course, we know that he is hugely better as a winger and FOLK was a bloody waster with his talent, he looks like he's intent of wasting the second year too. :roll:

Baggy your use of the word “underwhelmed” takes me to the fair after the bashing you gave me upon his signing announcement for using that very word .... I haven’t slept right since :lol: :lol:
“One is amused by the posts made between seeking a video option for my post and actually posting.

Underwhelmed takes the fu@king biscuit, this is a sensational player, capped at 21 by the All Blacks and with 7 starts & 14 caps, with the ability, allegedly, to cover full back, wing & centre, indeed he has played all three positions for NZ, what you are missing is that he would be first choice in any of those positions for most teams, Angry Andrew's wing excepted of course, nobody takes Angry's wing.

I believe only the most half-witted will assume this will exclude at least one high class back row, and furthermore it appears all of our current NIQs will be out of contract by his supposed start date.

TIP OF THE DAY: think before you post, otherwise you simply look like a clown”
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Jizzer I know you understand this, but rugby doesn't have a transfer market so there can be no direct comparison.

Irish teams then operate in even stranger circumstance with NIQ numbers, so it was blatantly obvious that Franco as an example would be on his way. Furthermore with the NH & SH playing seasons being opposite ends of the calendar, its perfectly reasonable that deals have to happen with an eye to when a player may move between hemispheres so there will always be deals done in advance, it can't be any other way.

That said Piutau's transfers seem way ahead of most players. I'm not bothered by it mind you because I never remotely considered he would stay, though it does make Ruans disgraceful treatment all the more irritating, whilst the ballix Visa Nacewa was given BIB Immunity.
Yep I see what you're saying Baggy but as I say CP if he performs to the levels we saw before his arrival, will force me to retract all my current opinions about him.
However wasn't wrong about Afoa and I just see another season of that type of thing looming..
So happy to be proved wrong which should go without saying.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Bring Humph On!! wrote:

The difference BHO, is that I was referring to watching him play rather than the fact of his signing. That notwithstanding, I apologise for your lost nights' sleep. Maybe I could call round, tuck you in and read you a bedtime story where Ulster bate rings roun' them. Sweet dreams. >EW
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Bring Humph On!! wrote:

The difference BHO, is that I was referring to watching him play rather than the fact of his signing. That notwithstanding, I apologise for your lost nights' sleep. Maybe I could call round, tuck you in and read you a bedtime story where Ulster bate rings roun' them. Sweet dreams. >EW
Thanks for the offer but I’ll be grand.

Let’s hope the NIQ spot & money saved on Charles wages are used wisely. Come the return of CL to Oz we could be in a very tight spot!!

Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Cornerfleg wrote:

Ha ha ... Dave you funny guy ... I raugh ...
but not a rot ...

You mentary dellanged Dotard ... You rike da ban' ...
Ha I raugh at you again ... you on a suicide mission ...
dey lubbish.
Dey never pray Kim Wil' ... dey clap.

You think you flighten me,
you best buddies with Rittle and Rarge ... big deer
Ret me tell you Dave ...
Res couldn't pick his nose and Rogie is a plick ...

Get me ... I best buds wi' Jonno ... he one hard ass ... he make Lobbie Diack into one hard - Big Fi' Big Fi' - mofo
yeah ...
how bou' I send him lound you house ... he knock your barrix in ...

I also got a fully roaded Lodney leady to raunch any time ...
yeah da' scares da shi' outta of you ...
bling it breed, I ain't scared of you
Roarin ImageImageImage
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Bring Humph On!! wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Bring Humph On!! wrote:

Thanks for the offer but I’ll be grand.

Let’s hope the NIQ spot & money saved on Charles wages are used wisely. Come the return of CL to Oz we could be in a very tight spot!!

Would that "tight spot" have a name? Fuc'ked springs to mind. Still, Matt Giteau eh, we don't care if guys are natural 10s or not, he'll do.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

For the record: Charless was crap at fullback last year, sensational on the wing. I'd be interested to see him in the centre at some stage, but like the second row, "we are well stocked". :duh: :duh: :duh:

FOLK
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Article in the nz herald on Charlie.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/ar ... d=11930947
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

againstthehead wrote:Article in the nz herald on Charlie.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/ar ... d=11930947
Wonder if he knows he lives in a no fly zone for drones.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk