Ulster V Connacht

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

baldeagle09
Initiate

Re: Ulster V Connacht

Post by baldeagle09 »

Still not sold out

Ulster Rugby attempting to shift tickets through discount outlets
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

scrum5 wrote:Still not sold out
Not even 85% sold as that's when ticket exchange starts and it has not started yet this season
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
Bart S wrote: I don't think Gibbes or anyone else could turn some of our Daves into anything other than marginally better Daves, however Saturday's pack contained Hendy, Tredders, Reidy and Deysel for a reasonable amount of the game
Are Hendy, Tredders and Reidy not Daves?
It's hard to remember a good Ulster performance from Hendy, I don't know him from Adam but I'd almost be inclined to make him captain on Friday night and tell him to go and justify himself to the faithful, FFFS man your a Lion, go and bloody play like one and lead people behind and beside you.

Tredders needs to get working and forget he got a confetti cap or two.

I don't consider Reidy a Dave, but he's not a leader either. Hendy has Dave'd too many times for Ulster over the last season.

EDIT: Big Red has looked the part only once, when he was supporting the last game Marcel played for Ulster.
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

McCall
Herring
Herbst
Hendo
Treadwell
Reidy
Chad
Deysel
Cooney
Christian
Charlie
McCloskey
Cave
Stockdale
Ludik
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote: I don't consider Reidy a Dave.
Hard to tell the difference sometimes.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Is Wee Hand any better than Rodney?

Him and Handsome Rob are laughable projects. Not within a Paul Marshalls gowl of the FIRFU squad. Not that I care about that, just disappointed with the recruiting policy. Holy feck, tight heads are important, pick the first one who worships God and kills his creatures for a bit of craic.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

If the injury gods give Ross Kane a break then he will be first choice. Herbst doesn't seemed to have developed much if at all in his time here.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Would agree some of Hendy's performances for Ulster last season were not what we expect, but he has been nullified by the lack of other ball carrying options which made him a lot easier to target. Of course Marcell looked potent last season carrying in similar situations albeit his 4 games were against the 2 Italian sides (not that we should dismiss them of course! :roll: ) Edinburgh at home and glasgow at home during the 6N's.

I also think Hendy is one of these players who needs a couple of games under his belt before he gets going fully, so not giving up hope that he will start firing for us this season. Agree that maybe some kind of rocket up his backside may help, although would like to think that Jono may administer that.
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

With Kiss down in Dublin since Monday, will he take much of the accolades when we get a reaction from the troops this week?

Hopefully Gibbs has fired them up! :fleg:
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Dave wrote:McCall
Herring
Herbst
Hendo
Treadwell
Reidy
Chad
Deysel
Cooney
Christian
Charlie
McCloskey
Cave
Stockdale
Ludik
Hope your right as it would be my pick also?
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

We will win and everything will be alright...

having listened to the podcast I now understand that Ulster plan 6 weeks in advance and rested Chad against Zebre because Best and/or Marcela would be playing... except they both picked up last minute injuries several weeks in advance... hence no leadership and we were sent in as headless chickens (no offence to rooster)..

everything will be OK after Friday trust me..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

222toHounslow wrote:Is Wee Hand any better than Rodney?

Him and Handsome Rob are laughable projects. Not within a Paul Marshalls gowl of the FIRFU squad. Not that I care about that, just disappointed with the recruiting policy. Holy feck, tight heads are important, pick the first one who worships God and kills his creatures for a bit of craic.
I consider Herbst marginally better, better in the scrum, less mobile, not quite as hard hitting in the tackle, possibly better hands. I'm no great judge of props but I still have this strange feeling that Rodders is potentially better, but unlikely ever to prove it.

I am somewhat horrified by the pastime of shooting Lions & other of God's wee creatures if the method of "hunting" is putting them in an escape-proof pen for rich arseholes to kill, especially those real he-men who like to use a bow and arrow against the imprisoned beast, then a painful death should not only be the Lion's fate but the arseholes as well, preferably something vile where their skin peels off in scaly lumps and their balls drop off.

On the other hand, there are dreadfully poor areas of Africa where hunting in the accepted sense can keep rural communities alive and if it is not impinging on the rare breeds then it's pretty close to a necessary evil, borderline acceptable to a Western European city slicker.

Weihahn Herbst and his associates strike me as Sarah Palin equivalents, she of the shooting polar bears................from a helicopter FFFS. I'd love to feed her heart to a bear and let the rest of her sleep with the fishes..............and O'Sammy Binlid.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Sarah Palin has a heart? :shock:
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Gary wrote:Sarah Palin has a heart? :shock:
Nah, you are right Gary. Too late, I got confused. :D
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Bart S wrote:Would agree some of Hendy's performances for Ulster last season were not what we expect, but he has been nullified by the lack of other ball carrying options which made him a lot easier to target. Of course Marcell looked potent last season carrying in similar situations albeit his 4 games were against the 2 Italian sides (not that we should dismiss them of course! :roll: ) Edinburgh at home and glasgow at home during the 6N's.

I also think Hendy is one of these players who needs a couple of games under his belt before he gets going fully, so not giving up hope that he will start firing for us this season. Agree that maybe some kind of rocket up his backside may help, although would like to think that Jono may administer that.
Maybe so, but in the words of Ulster's favourite son Stephen Ferris, when was the last time Hendo got off the line and light someone up....it's not always about a carry to lift your team mates and supporters.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.