The Disappeared 2018-19 season

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: The Disappeared 2018-19 season

Post by Dave »

therealspratt wrote:O'Hagan seems to me a Court style LH, another late-ish convert to the game. He has been conspicuously absent from the A team so far this season.
He's been injured apparently.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

I understand why some of you consider Charles to have been a luxury we could ill afford, but can't agree. After all we were meant to have a star back rower, it wasn't either or, and it was only injury that took that away. We will never be allowed 4 NIQ forwards (I apppreciate Ryan was still here then so it was 2 backs 3 forwards).

There are several games last year we probably would have lost without Charles, and had an even worse season. If our pack had been intact and the force it should have been...
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Dave wrote:
therealspratt wrote:O'Hagan seems to me a Court style LH, another late-ish convert to the game. He has been conspicuously absent from the A team so far this season.
Hmm fair enough, had never been able to figure that out. I was pretty sure there was at least one time where he was playing for Rainey but not Ulster A.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

therealspratt wrote:
Dave wrote:
Hmm fair enough, had never been able to figure that out. I was pretty sure there was at least one time where he was playing for Rainey but not Ulster A.
If he was coming back from injury that would be quite normal
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

therealspratt wrote:
Dave wrote:
I don't know the details but that's what I was told when I brought it up on here. You could well be correct. Les doesn't tend to introduce players for their first cap unless all other options are unavailable.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Dave wrote:
therealspratt wrote:
Dave wrote:
I don't know the details but that's what I was told when I brought it up on here. You could well be correct. Les doesn't tend to introduce players for their first cap unless all other options are unavailable.
Which is probably why we're stuck with a lot of less than stellar options.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Porter already getting game time with leinster and ireland

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:Porter already getting game time with leinster and ireland

Joe
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:

Joe
Looked like an utter bellend on Saturday

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:

Joe
Looked like an utter bellend on Saturday

He wasn't there. It was old footage patched in.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Cockatrice wrote:I have long said we need to sleep around with other agents and get away from the monogamy that exists with Esportif.... for example when we sign an injured player who never once plays for Ulster do you think that the player doesn't get paid and that the agent doesn't get his slice.. the only losers are Ulster who time and time again have paid out for bad deals.. the latest could be an overrated prop but then UR are incapable of inserting any clause never mind a 'get off the plane fit next year when your coming or else stay at home' clause.

If some don't disappear then the crowd will....
This, every single time this.

I accept there are probably cosy little deals like this with former players and their clubs all over the British Isles and beyond but given Bryn's links to Esportif it makes the whole thing almost incestuous, not monogamous.

And we're being sold pups an awful lot of late.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Cockatrice wrote:I have long said we need to sleep around with other agents and get away from the monogamy that exists with Esportif.....
Have we not done that? But if you keep saying it long enough maybe it will be accepted as true.

I know you keep saying that we only use Esportif, but have the likes of Coetzee, Deysel, Lealiifano not come through three different agencies?

Maybe we do sign plenty through Esportif, but maybe that's because they have the biggest share of players on their books -Irish qualified anyway?

I don't know who represents who, but a simple google search on three allegedly injury prone players that we've signed recently threw up three different agencies and none of them were Esportif.

Or maybe Google tells lies? - Of course that's it - you can't believe everything you read on the interweb! >EW
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:I have long said we need to sleep around with other agents and get away from the monogamy that exists with Esportif.....
Have we not done that? But if you keep saying it long enough maybe it will be accepted as true.

I know you keep saying that we only use Esportif, but have the likes of Coetzee, Deysel, Lealiifano not come through three different agencies?

Maybe we do sign plenty through Esportif, but maybe that's because they have the biggest share of players on their books -Irish qualified anyway?

I don't know who represents who, but a simple google search on three allegedly injury prone players that we've signed recently threw up three different agencies and none of them were Esportif.

Or maybe Google tells lies? - Of course that's it - you can't believe everything you read on the interweb! >EW
I think you'll find I said a player that had never played for Ulster one who came injured as emergency cover for another injured player.. now as stated that player was paid as was his agency all at Ulsters expense and notwithstanding he wasn't able to play long before he got on the plane and was never likely to be fit during his contract.... that player got more for his little jolly to Belfast than our academy and development players get in a year..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I love the smell of BS....

Looking back for something and came across an article on Kiss coming to Ulster and that according to our CiC it would be worth the wait.. It went on.

Quote the Col: From our point of view it is a very good scenario. At least twice in my time we have conducted a search across the world and have rated all Director of Rugby/Head Coaches/Assistant coaches in the professional game, whether that's the international sides, the 38 top European clubs or the top 15 sides in the Southern hemisphere, just in case something happened with our coach or Director of Rugby and also to keep an eye on talent for the future.

On each of the two searches we did Les Kiss came out on top of the pile so we always had a view that Les, if he became available, was someone we wanted to get our hands on, so when the opportunity came we were delighted.

Apparently Eddie Jones was 3th on said list and Todd Blackadder 14th with EOS at 20th, Lancaster who later moved to Leinster 9th and Gibbes not even on it... Jono must be so please to work with a legend of two world wide searches...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cockatrice wrote:I love the smell of BS....

Looking back for something and came across an article on Kiss coming to Ulster and that according to our CiC it would be worth the wait.. It went on.

Quote the Col: From our point of view it is a very good scenario. At least twice in my time we have conducted a search across the world and have rated all Director of Rugby/Head Coaches/Assistant coaches in the professional game, whether that's the international sides, the 38 top European clubs or the top 15 sides in the Southern hemisphere, just in case something happened with our coach or Director of Rugby and also to keep an eye on talent for the future.

On each of the two searches we did Les Kiss came out on top of the pile so we always had a view that Les, if he became available, was someone we wanted to get our hands on, so when the opportunity came we were delighted.

Apparently Eddie Jones was 3th on said list and Todd Blackadder 14th with EOS at 20th, Lancaster who later moved to Leinster 9th and Gibbes not even on it... Jono must be so please to work with a legend of two world wide searches...
Do you have a source as you have a history