FOLK

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: FOLK

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:
muscles wrote:Don’t know about the accuracy of the detailed and person-specific comments of Lady P but I share the principle suspicion of the Lady that ‘the suits’ on the Ulster committees are responsible for the cosy, ineffective environment that cascades down the organisation and affects the players, too. We need hard nosed commercial direction-we don’t have it and never have had it. Ulster is not being run as a professional outfit. We all can see that clearly through the many faux-pas we witness on game nights let alone with obvious HR fiascos.

I presume IRFU, our ultimate controlling interest, don’t do anything about it as they are similarly run by such men in suits or, perhaps, it it is because they don’t want to rock the political boat up here. Money meanwhile is fast flowing down the drain while we “play like drains”.

So it seems that only the supporters might affect change given that the key players and local media choose to be silent. And the only way of doing that, most regrettably, may be to stop paying for season tickets, match day tickets, etc, and putting pressure on that way. But would the IRFU care about the diminution of Ulster Rugby? :banghead:
UR aim to make up their budget shortfall with half season tickets on sale very soon

With the current dross on the field they'll struggle to sell those. Might make a few of them wake up

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Russ, they traditionally sell very few of those anyway, heard a figure in the low teens one year and we were going better than now, they are not much of a bonus to the system.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

A step in the right direction. Good man Jonathon Bradley. With Fez also highlighting the defence the FOLK movement is gathering momentum.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:
muscles wrote:Don’t know about the accuracy of the detailed and person-specific comments of Lady P but I share the principle suspicion of the Lady that ‘the suits’ on the Ulster committees are responsible for the cosy, ineffective environment that cascades down the organisation and affects the players, too. We need hard nosed commercial direction-we don’t have it and never have had it. Ulster is not being run as a professional outfit. We all can see that clearly through the many faux-pas we witness on game nights let alone with obvious HR fiascos.

I presume IRFU, our ultimate controlling interest, don’t do anything about it as they are similarly run by such men in suits or, perhaps, it it is because they don’t want to rock the political boat up here. Money meanwhile is fast flowing down the drain while we “play like drains”.

So it seems that only the supporters might affect change given that the key players and local media choose to be silent. And the only way of doing that, most regrettably, may be to stop paying for season tickets, match day tickets, etc, and putting pressure on that way. But would the IRFU care about the diminution of Ulster Rugby? :banghead:
UR aim to make up their budget shortfall with half season tickets on sale very soon

With the current dross on the field they'll struggle to sell those. Might make a few of them wake up

Russ, they traditionally sell very few of those anyway, heard a figure in the low teens one year and we were going better than now, they are not much of a bonus to the system.
Strange that they were mentioned as the key thing to ensure financial sustainability this year in a branch meeting

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:A step in the right direction. Good man Jonathon Bradley. With Fez also highlighting the defence the FOLK movement is gathering momentum.
He's ruckies mate

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:

Strange that they were mentioned as the key thing to ensure financial sustainability this year in a branch meeting

Must be close to the red line then Russ in that case :lol: :lol: :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:A step in the right direction. Good man Jonathon Bradley. With Fez also highlighting the defence the FOLK movement is gathering momentum.
He's ruckies mate

Senior colleague more like. Ruckie makes the tea.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:
He's ruckies mate

Senior colleague more like. Ruckie makes the tea.
The Ryan Constable of the Belfast Telegraph

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

LadyP wrote:Good Morning Gentlemen, while its good to point the fingers at the CEO and DOR, the fact is , there are others in the dark corridors of Ulster Rugby who wield the real power, the ones that appointed the CEO, the ones who will always have the real power, sack all the people you want , but the likes of Cecil Watson and his cabal will always carry the real power, old men stuck in time who will always go by what school you went to, it's all a school yard game to them, they love their free trips, their free food and beer with their noses in the trough. These are the real ones making the mistakes and will never be challenged,the majority are elected over and over in slimey little deals done before their annual AGM, speeches made about what a great chap he was in school, and boom, your on a branch committee and your pathway is guided.
Ulster rugby us run by amateurs who in the real world would never survive, it will ever change. Me, I have give up on going to watch the games, the game that I once enjoyed,I just don't care no more.so to their PR machine that read these posts : #FOUR
Is it the Illuminati?
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Confirmed
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

scrum5 wrote:https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/spor ... 74954.html

Not exactly scathing but starting to ask the right questions and proportion blame
I'd like to congratulate Jonathan for his "kill" following up on my "assist", when pointing out defensive stats over the weekend. Here is an idea Jonathan, I'll set them up, you put them away.

I genuinely congratulate him for having the journalistic balls to say something that has been in great need of being said for quite sometime.

The clown in charge .....................
Kiss.jpg
Kiss.jpg (34.15 KiB) Viewed 323 times
.................... is supposedly a defence expert and, as the article said, we are on cue to have our worst defensive performance ever, having set the low point last season.

So asking the big question .......................... what in the name of the seven snotty orphans of Ringsend is this clown bringing to the party other than bizarre selection policies, layer upon layer of incomprehensible waffle at interviews & worst still, as I understand it, whilst coaching.

He's not a big man but by fu'ck has he managed to get very far out of his depth.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Nice article Mr J Bradley....let’s start cranking the pressure up! I enjoyed the nice reference to “deliberately vague job/responsibilities” in there. Nice to see people starting to stick their heads above the parapet at the BT, this will keep growing, especially if the players are unhappy.....there will be little leaks at some point.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Indeed a step in the right direction and I hope others soon follow suit and ask more hard questions.. the defence stats were enlightening given he is the guru in defence or maybe that should be self defence guru....

In saying that I still think he could learn a thing or two from the CiC but who do we turn to and btw who was it that told us that Kiss would be worth the wait?

The obviously candidate is Gibbes but if UR aren't careful he may jump a sinking ship sooner than we think to protect any reputation he ever gained from his time with Clermont and Leinster.

Other than that we will have to subject ourselves again to another world wide search although V3 this time.. now apparently Ulster is going export it ways across the globe and soon NZ teams will be awash with Ulster coaching gurus.. the last two got as far as Campbell College and South Wales and will be collecting his P45 soon.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Jonathon Bradley is giving a voice to the people. He is empowering the ordinary fan who is demanding FOLK. Gwan bai sow it into em!

Don't worry ruckie, you make good tea.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I'm a big fan of Lady P, she is one hell of a mama, a hotter chick than you proles have ever bedded and more importantly is married to a man who knows more or less everything that happens at UR.

That said, whilst I don't in any way disagree with the description of the suits, when we then move on to talk about hard-nosed professionals, I begin to wonder WTF we are on. We've got one of the most successful businessmen this vile little statelet has ever produced as CEO ............... think I'll leave that hanging .................. but furthermore, unless someone can tell me differently I assume that the structure of Old Fart Committees and all that goes with it, including away trips, high on the hog all free gratis & for nothing, is exactly replicated at Leinster and guess what, it is not doing them a damn bit of harm on the pitch.

Perhaps their old farts are a better class of old fart, maybe a Mexican fart is not as malodorous as an Ulster fart but that sounds counterintuitive to me, the beanerbastards, surely they are reeking.

So having a cabal of freeloaders with an interest in preserving the status quo may be irritating and obnoxious but I don't quite buy it as an explanation of the pro rugby failure which is growing surely too much to tolerate for any interested party, no matter how self-absorbed and old fart may be.

Nope, I'm not looking past the DOR

FOLK
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The difference being: the FIRFU were concerned that Doak and Leo lacked experience to bring their provinces onwards. We got FOLK. They got Stuart Lancaster and Graham Henry.

Also, they have a conveyer belt of talent that never stops. Our academy is the best in the world though.