FOLK

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: FOLK

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I'm a big fan of Lady P, she is one hell of a mama, a hotter chick than you proles have ever bedded and more importantly is married to a man who knows more or less everything that happens at UR.

That said, whilst I don't in any way disagree with the description of the suits, when we then move on to talk about hard-nosed professionals, I begin to wonder WTF we are on. We've got one of the most successful businessmen this vile little statelet has ever produced as CEO ............... think I'll leave that hanging .................. but furthermore, unless someone can tell me differently I assume that the structure of Old Fart Committees and all that goes with it, including away trips, high on the hog all free gratis & for nothing, is exactly replicated at Leinster and guess what, it is not doing them a damn bit of harm on the pitch.

Perhaps their old farts are a better class of old fart, maybe a Mexican fart is not as malodorous as an Ulster fart but that sounds counterintuitive to me, the beanerbastards, surely they are reeking.

So having a cabal of freeloaders with an interest in preserving the status quo may be irritating and obnoxious but I don't quite buy it as an explanation of the pro rugby failure which is growing surely too much to tolerate for any interested party, no matter how self-absorbed and old fart may be.

Nope, I'm not looking past the DOR

FOLK
baggy..... Maybe D4 old farts allow those that know a bit more about rugby to get on with that side of the game.. then again maybe D4 old farts know more about rugby that BT6 old farts.. of course it always feels better when you're winning.

In the past I queried who actually sanctioned Charlie being signed because if not mistaken he was announced whilst we were awaiting the Messiah (for avoidance of doubt Kiss) whilst Doak was in temporary charge.. I am sure one of the experts that correct my mistakes will dig some facts up to prove the exact date....

Anyhow I was told that when discussed at the PMC (maybe one of the cabals that Lady P was referring) some expressed that Charlie boy was a pure luxury and one that we didn't need because it was the back-row that needed strengthening and indeed what was preferred by the coaching team.. The decision by lets say one who shall remain unnamed was that he'll put bums on seats and that is all that mattered... sums it up for me.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:Jonathon Bradley is giving a voice to the people. He is empowering the ordinary fan who is demanding FOLK. Gwan bai sow it into em!

Don't worry ruckie, you make good tea.
I doubt J Bradley knew a correct rugby opinion before ruckie spelt out uafc on the podcast 2 weeks ago

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I'm a big fan of Lady P, she is one hell of a mama, a hotter chick than you proles have ever bedded and more importantly is married to a man who knows more or less everything that happens at UR.

That said, whilst I don't in any way disagree with the description of the suits, when we then move on to talk about hard-nosed professionals, I begin to wonder WTF we are on. We've got one of the most successful businessmen this vile little statelet has ever produced as CEO ............... think I'll leave that hanging .................. but furthermore, unless someone can tell me differently I assume that the structure of Old Fart Committees and all that goes with it, including away trips, high on the hog all free gratis & for nothing, is exactly replicated at Leinster and guess what, it is not doing them a damn bit of harm on the pitch.

Perhaps their old farts are a better class of old fart, maybe a Mexican fart is not as malodorous as an Ulster fart but that sounds counterintuitive to me, the beanerbastards, surely they are reeking.

So having a cabal of freeloaders with an interest in preserving the status quo may be irritating and obnoxious but I don't quite buy it as an explanation of the pro rugby failure which is growing surely too much to tolerate for any interested party, no matter how self-absorbed and old fart may be.

FOLK
An Ulster old fart has risen to the pinnacle
A Leinster old fart can still rise to become a D4 old fart

Ergo the Ulster old fart sponges for what he's worth. Take take take
The Leinster old fart has to still act like a moral and ethical person in the hopes of the big trips to NZ

Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I'm no apologist for thon big time Charlie, Neil Best ... but he has the stone to ask the questions we cant get asked ...

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/spor ... 79648.html
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cornerfleg wrote:I'm no apologist for thon big time Charlie, Neil Best ... but he has the stone to ask the questions we cant get asked ...

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/spor ... 79648.html
In fairness to J Bradley, BT. to me it looks very like a JB article following up on the defensive frailties and going to N Best for padding comment to strike home the point.

I have a theory which will be well known as recurring to regulars here, but no less valid for that. Over the last season and a bit with "defence maestro" Les Kiss at the tiller, Ulster is conceding tries like never before - and I mean never, record-setting godawful pisspoor defensive records.

The more astute amongst you will look at selection over that period, one player instantly springs to mind. I really doubt that I need to use the name but he has increasingly found it difficult to get a game, despite being widely regarded as Ulster's best defensive coordinator on the pitch over the last half dozen seasons and more, most famously the man who told Gilroy where to stand defensively for years.

I don't think his regular absence and our abysmal defence in the last 18 months are unrelated.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:

FOLK
An Ulster old fart has risen to the pinnacle
A Leinster old fart can still rise to become a D4 old fart

Ergo the Ulster old fart sponges for what he's worth. Take take take
The Leinster old fart has to still act like a moral and ethical person in the hopes of the big trips to NZ

Russ, genuinely, thanks for your efforts, but I'm still not looking past Les Kiss for the on-pitch problems. :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Two articles in 2 days both aimed at LK, gives the impression he’s now fair game in the press. The impending run of fixtures could make the next 6 weeks extremely uncomfortable for him, if performance levels stay the same. Nice to see another ex player calling him out. He’ll be gone end of season latest, Gibbes will take over due more new forward recruitment and a squad Dave cull.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Two Irish internationals signed up in 2 weeks who've played under Les before.

Are they:

A) relishing the chance to link up with the Australian again, having fully bought into his vision for the future of UR or

B) only coming on the strict understanding that he's cleared his desk by the time they turn up for pre-season training?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

justinr73 wrote:Two Irish internationals signed up in 2 weeks who've played under Les before.

Are they:

A) relishing the chance to link up with the Australian again, having fully bought into his vision for the future of UR or

B) only coming on the strict understanding that he's cleared his desk by the time they turn up for pre-season training?
Or is Gibbes building his own squad ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Funny how these guys wouldn't sign before....
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote:Funny how these guys wouldn't sign before....
Les obviously building confidence .... :duck:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Gibbes will be running the show by June

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

we don't know if they really wanted to sign before.. Jordi is back after a long terms injury and his opportunities at Leinster appear limited so he will get more time here.. Moore appears to have dropped down the pecking order at wasps and will hopefully also want to prove his worth...

I don't know much about either player but when we sign players I want players that are a step up from what we have because that way SID will partly improve. I want to see players coming through and being given a proper opportunity to develop. Easier to say that to do..

At least we have the best Academy in Ireland
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Good chat re UR on the left wing podcast in the indi. Ferris pointing the finger at LK again, interfering with other coaches, not concentrating on sorting the defence, too much BS not enough honesty, and how he doesn’t think the patience of UR etc will last to another season....in fact hinted he’d anticipate a fall on sword if results were bad over next 6 weeks. No Steven Watson to hold him back on this....a good listen, even Luke Fitzgerald was bearable, sort of.