Ulster v Dragoons

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Dragoons

Post by Dave »

Gibbes going off script a bit here...

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/ ... 72160.html
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

rumncoke wrote:Only morons can complain about a game where 10 trys are scored and the result depended on the last kick of the game.

With the King of the “homers” as referee it was never a sure win and like any welsh team at home if they get into your 22 they raise their game substantially .

Henson always had An eye for the half chance and with an inexperienced backrow the defence was always going to be iffy but the biggest let down was Charles who has forgotten how to pass and provide support and has swallowed the Kearney guidelines for playing full back .

It is easy to identify the negatives in the game but let’s be honest there were also positives nice to see Gilroy on the score sheet and both trys required white line determination it is also worth of note it would have been easy to hang back and let the last easy scored Dragons try get at you but they lifted themselves up to score again with 2 mins on the clock .

But hey ho according to Cockatrice Ulster woes are all down to a seven year old dodgy CV of Logan if only the cure for a weak defence was so easy !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not as simple as a dodgy CV rum... but hey that is the Ulster Way it doesn't matter that he would lead us to world domination or that he overseen the process that selected Kiss ahead of all others. Or that apparently he was about to announce Doak as the coach only for Clarke to throw his toys from the pram and hastily he had to arrange D4 to help him sort it ...

He is the man in charge of this shytepile but maybe we just got bad in spite of him..

He said Kiss would be worth the wait so add to that yet another dodgy CV that of an apparent defence guru...
Last edited by Cockatrice on Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Only morons can complain about a game where 10 trys are scored and the result depended on the last kick of the game.
As stupid a post as has been seen here in many years. FFFS Ron'n wise up.

You'd need to be an utter halfwit not to have been hugely disappointed in that performance.

It lacked:

- intestinal fortitude
- a decent lineout performance
- a scrummaging performance
- any semblance of defensive tackling from 10-15, with the centres particularly woeful.
- the remotest hint that Ulster has a coherent game plan.

You enjoyed it, good for you, it was garbage.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Baggy.... for the record the Hond is shaping up to be another tube signing.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Cockatrice wrote:Baggy.... for the record the Hond is shaping up to be another tube signing.

No, Really
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

For fûcjs sake somebody tell me Rum is a parody account.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

scrum5 wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Baggy.... for the record the Hond is shaping up to be another tube signing.

No, Really
I'm afraid so Scrumptious, shock news I know, eh? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have to say some of what I saw in the last SR season, he looked ok, other times shyte. The only slight shred of hope is that he is actually returning from a long spell of no rugby and shoulder surgery, perhaps ............ and it's really a pretty small perhaps he might improve. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I'll give him a chance to get fit but so far not great. He was guilty of sniffing a few rucks in friday. Remember, it was reported around this time last year that Ulster were in the market for ball carrying forwards. We then signed the Hond and Botha. How very Ulster....
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

As a game it was entertaining but it was not flawless .
I have often pointed out that given the short comings in Ulster rugby nobody took the talk of World domination seriously and if you did then your a moron .
In my honest opinion Ulster have actual performed better than the resources would predict .
Since 1999 Ulster has produced 3 international forwards Best Ferris and Henderson and threeclose to that standard Neil Best Henry and Courtbut they have weaknesses.
No team with a shortage of quality forwards will dominate sufficiently often to win leagues etc fact .

Posters highlight the failings of the defence by the centres question where the F was the back row since a modern defence is based on three man pods .
recognise that last nights back row is very inexperience and /or game time short and ageing in the case of Henry so to some respect the failings in mid field were predictable .

But then complaining about the defence in mid field fails to recognise 2 trys came from lineout mauls and a third on a narrow defence giving a wing a free run in -no missed tackles just a backline running from deep passing quickly to the wing in side the 22 against a narrow defence .

my advice would be smell the coffee - get real and stop complaining if the team fails to achieve to play to your unrealistic expectations because it really is a team a flux .

Which before the season began lost four key players without adequate cover to make up the loss and has four players whose best days are in the past .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Rum, the Gibbes bellylaugh article kinda makes a bellend outta your ‘Moron’ bullshyte.

Unless you think Gibbes is a moron.

We witnessed some poor performances this season. Many of which were against what most would consider lesser teams. Teams, who in the past, we’d be expected to put to the sword. We’ve played two good sides and they both made us look like wee boys.

This past three games we’ve been absolutely shyte. Andy Ward described the Benetton performance as ‘a complete shambles’. Is he a moron?

Every team in the Pro14 and beyond can see what Kiss seems unable to. If any team of grunters play with some physicality and have a go, they’ll be in with a real shout right up until the 80th minute. We don’t control games.
Running at our defence, is akin to having a go at Big Rosie, in Maisie’s Massage Parlour. She’ll lie down and spread herself wide. You’ll experience very little resistance as you push forward and she’ll just lie there with little idea of what’s happening. Easy score.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Big Rosie sounds my kinda girl
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

What disappoints me most is that early in the season there looked to be signs of improved aggression around the ruck both with and without the ball. This has disappeared along with any semblance of line speed. If teams can hold onto the ball without making errors they make ground very easily against us. Now, we are missing our best forwards but surely the rest are still at training everyday? It should be getting better as the season goes on but seems to be getting worse.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Tender

I said anyone who believed Logan’s Bullshit was a moron
It was pure ex Army CO bullshit I worked with one .
Secondly to expect a team with a 7 playing his 1st game to have a totally sound defence is moronic and Henry was the first Ulster player to miss Henson giving space to acquire the pace .

And your perfectly right both teams Treviso especially were a team of Grunters who played well once they got into the 22 and both teams were to some extent help into the 22 by referees .

I have also stated it is easy to identify what is wrong and fail to recognise the positive that despite having 4 key players unavailable and four past their best and ready for the pension the team can still score 5 trys .

Those who are mouthing should also remember Ulster haven’t had a settled backline for at least 2 years and we are looking at either 2 positional or personnel per week virtually is it any wonder the side leak trys - rent a back line and create a back row «  week by week .

Consistent selection if possible might solve some problems NB might

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

jean valjean wrote:What disappoints me most is that early in the season there looked to be signs of improved aggression around the ruck both with and without the ball. This has disappeared along with any semblance of line speed. If teams can hold onto the ball without making errors they make ground very easily against us. Now, we are missing our best forwards but surely the rest are still at training everyday? It should be getting better as the season goes on but seems to be getting worse.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I'm told that on one day this week, there were 3 players training in total and of the 3, two are currently unavailable for selection for non-rugby reasons, the other one was Cave. I'm sure it was an interesting session.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Tender

I said anyone who believed Logan’s Bullshit was a moron
It was pure ex Army CO bullshit I worked with one .
Secondly to expect a team with a 7 playing his 1st game to have a totally sound defence is moronic and Henry was the first Ulster player to miss Henson giving space to acquire the pace .

And your perfectly right both teams Treviso especially were a team of Grunters who played well once they got into the 22 and both teams were to some extent help into the 22 by referees .

I have also stated it is easy to identify what is wrong and fail to recognise the positive that despite having 4 key players unavailable and four past their best and ready for the pension the team can still score 5 trys .

Those who are mouthing should also remember Ulster haven’t had a settled backline for at least 2 years and we are looking at either 2 positional or personnel per week virtually is it any wonder the side leak trys - rent a back line and create a back row «  week by week .

Consistent selection if possible might solve some problems NB might
Ron'n, I've struggled long and hard with you, I claim personal credit for encouraging you to write in English and use the brain you clearly have, but have long been reluctant to share the contents of.

Your current mode reminds me of an agricultural implement, as you butterfly from one position to another willium-nillium.
shitespreader.jpg
shitespreader.jpg (133.5 KiB) Viewed 783 times
I should tell you that it is illegal to use between 15th October & 31st January.