Hairyqueens away

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Hairyqueens away

Post by Tender »

When that ankle scabs-up, Les will have something else to pick instead of Cave.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Or not pick
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

skiboo wrote:Don't want to give Les any slack but Ulster turned up today. Harlequins had a great result last week and I didn't give Ulster much of a chance. Front 5 never took a backward step, Henderson was immense with Reidy in the vanguard but didn't young Timoney do well and Master Kane when he came on didn't look out of place.
Stockdale has lots of attributes but I most of all see a rugby brain - we have unearthed a gem.
On another tack having watched a series of Ulster and Irish games recently isn't it wonderful how much BOD recognises former Ulster talent when they put on another shirt(Farrell and Arnold) Is it his natural bias or because they are being coached differently?
damianmcr wrote:BOD is a dick.
Perfect answer Damo. :thumleft:

Skiboo, I didn't see it yesterday, but this morning my magic box has redeemed itself and I'm well through the game at present, it's exactly as you describe.The pack looked like a set of guys who had been schooled exactly how to play the conditions & followed the plan.

If it came from Kiss :shock: , fair play, but you have to assume it was Jono.

For a guy who we all thought was off to a career in coffee & buns, Black has been outstanding this year within his limits. Herring too has come back from a disappointing season last time. Hendy as captain seems to be a more engaged player with much less drifting in and out of games. Reidy has become our most dependably good player and never appears to tire & I am increasingly impressed by Timony every time I see him, much of Reidy's engine in him too. I can see Timoney becoming a cert starter as Stockdale has done.

Cooney has been a marvellous addition, I was amongst those wondering how we could play without a 9 this season but Cooney has a whole different set of skills than Ruan, his pace on the break is a massive plus and he defends brilliantly.

Now if only we had a proper 10. Ironically in the conditions, lack of a great kicking game wasn't exposed because every kick caused problems, no great talent required.

All in all a very good performance, mainly by the pack as you'd expect. Hendy is a feckin' beast of a man. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Ulster were helped to the win by a nice penalty early in the game and then the try which put pressure on the Quins on a day when the weather put pressure on any side trying to play attacking rugby.

Quins are definitely a better side than scoreline and that game made them out to be the difference between success and failure the inability to hold the ball at the right moment.

What Friday nights game will be like may depend on the side The Quins select which might be weaker than the team originally picked for sunday due to the fact they have little chance of progressing and a few players may need a rest due to injury.

My favourite moment was Care's reaction after sticking his nose up his players Brennan .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Absolutely it was from Jonno. Unless someone would like to explain how a ex rugby league winger circumvented the forwards coach to claim credit for that performance. Actually never mind....
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Ron'n, sorry but that cannot go unchallenged, Hairyquims are not a better side than that scoreline, they are a poor team irrespective of their win over Sarrybastards last weekend.

They lie 7th in the Avivabosh, only utter shyte are below them, Newcastle, Sale, The abysmal Saints who are in freefall, Worcester & the soon to be relegated London Spide'rish.

They are therefore the weakest of the supposedly better teams in the Avivabosh every one of which was beaten this week, a source of particular amusement to me, especially since other than Bath the other 5 were comprehensively savaged.

It is an outrage that so many Lionel Teams get access to the top table.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Spot on Bagster .... I do love it when the Lionels get humbled ... all the more so when thon Irish presenter prat and thon Brit wannabe BOD go on as to the Avivagash being the best league in the world. Dayglo gets a pass his head has been so far up his ass for years he's allowed to think the Lionels are awesome.

When they play each other the painful bish bosh shyte seems to entertain them .... FFS we made Quins look completely clueless ... Ulster yes Ulster did.

The pro 14 is not a quality league, but despite the lack of big money they seem to have the edge schooling that pile a pash.

I even was hoping the Ospreys would win .... the Ospreys fer dear sake.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The defence from Leinster against the best Avivabosh was something else. On their turf too.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cornerfleg wrote:Spot on Bagster .... I do love it when the Lionels get humbled ... all the more so when thon Irish presenter prat and thon Brit wannabe BOD go on as to the Avivagash being the best league in the world. Dayglo gets a pass his head has been so far up his ass for years he's allowed to think the Lionels are awesome.

When they play each other the painful bish bosh shyte seems to entertain them .... FFS we made Quins look completely clueless ... Ulster yes Ulster did.

The pro 14 is not a quality league, but despite the lack of big money they seem to have the edge schooling that pile a pash.

I even was hoping the Ospreys would win .... the Ospreys fer dear sake.
Worse than that Fleg, I wanted Mexico to win, Fackin' Mexico :shock: :shock: :shock:

The funny thing is that of the Welsh teams I've always had a decent respect for the Ospreys, why they are struggling so much is probably something only the great Allen Clarke could answer. They are capable of really good rugby but a 6-36 or whatever it was they showed just why they are struggling.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:The defence from Leinster against the best Avivabosh was something else. On their turf too.
Yip, just 10 points on the scoreboard but Mexico stuffed them all over the pitch.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Baggy I hope I didn't imply the Quins are a great side but I do consider they could be a dangerous side if the ball bounces right for them . They have a heavy pack with weight in the back row and a couple of players with pace .

They also have their share of thick -os who will provide the opposition with penalty opportunities which is their major defect .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

rumncoke wrote:Baggy I hope I didn't imply the Quins are a great side but I do consider they could be a dangerous side if the ball bounces right for them . They have a heavy pack with weight in the back row and a couple of players with pace .

They also have their share of thick -os who will provide the opposition with penalty opportunities which is their major defect .

Hopefully our own Big Stu isn't developing into one of the aforementioned thick-os. He got pinged for one high tackle and was lucky not to get pulled up for a couple more. They weren't the worst offences on the spectrum, but why give the referee a decision to make?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

For anyone at the game yesterday, who may be able to help.
Assault today new

Posted by: Roaming Quin (IP Logged)

Date: 10 December, 2017 20:24

Today my two sons who are 17 and 14 used my dads and my STs. Whilst at the game during half time in the south stand end of The Stoop my youngest son was grabbed, verbally abused and threatened by a male in a Quins top aged about 17 to 19, my eldest son who was in the shop saw this and came out pushed the lad away, who then fronted up to him dropped the C bomb and then walked off. Allegedly all because my youngest looked at the lads girlfriend. 

If anyone on here saw it please PM me with any details you have. I am quite shocked and would like to ID this young man. 

I also would ask that if any of you see this type of behaviour to step in and stop it.
http://m.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s ... 0,16171640
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

to be honest I can understand a reluctance to tackle low given the ground conditions a covering of freezing slush .

Those who belittle the Pro 14 neglect the fact there are possibly more Internationals per team in the Pro 14 than any other League .

I surprised Baggy hasn't opened a book on how soon the English will revise the format of the super duper cup given their humiliating weekend .

But the fact is it their League which needs to be revised to many teams and to few top quality players so they resort to brawn before brains .

Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

There was indeed a lot of high tackles which went unpunished, but I wouldn't think our doublehardbastids would be in any way troubled by the thoughts of rolling about in some slush.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.