Ulster v Hairyqueens

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Hairyqueens

Post by BaggyTrousers »

justinr73 wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
222toHounslow wrote:Jono Gibbso says Cavey is a good option at 13 this week.

Les will not be happy
Which just goes to show that Jono is not a dumbass, unlike FOLK. Ask why Cave would be training with the two ra............... young gentlemen and then give me a rational explanation.

Whilst I'm here, has anyone noticed that if you take the two words "the rapists" and take away the space between them, you end up with therapists. I'm pretty sure that is exactly what FOLK needs, several therapists, to read the fuc'ker's bumps.

Now I thought it would be nice to remind ourselves of just why Kiss is such a moron when he chooses any option at 13 other than the right one, the one who has more rugby brain than about any 8 colleagues barring very few, the man who barring wingers has scored more tries than any other Ulster player in history - 41 - and the man who has almost certainly more try assists than any other Ulster player bar none.

Now I understand that most of you need no instruction but two things, look at the number of times he uses his brain in a scoring position where a dive or step kills any chance of a tackle, look at the number of simple run-ins by running great lines off other players to be available. He is a smart player, that is what endears him to me, especially given Ulster have an almost unsurpassed ability to look dumb.

Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly_KVPMxlc0
Some brilliant stuff.

So why doesn't his face fit for Ireland or Ulster? Presumably there's a link.

If Les picked him, I've seen enough to suggest that the FOLK movement wouldn't have quite so much impetus.

It's a pretty narrow tramline to judge someone on.
Lionel, much as I’m a big fan of Darren Cave, he is simply a side issue, the maIn issue is that Kiss is clueless and Ulster are going backwards under his tenure as DOR.

Evidence I hear you ask. Last season for the first time since the days of the STA we made neither an SDC or Pro12 knockout round. Additionally. And importantly given it’s his alleged area of expertise, Ulster conceded more tries than in any previous season in world history, and this year we are on course to concede even more. So the expert is not improving the situation.

So no, it’s not about Cave, that is merely a symptom of how clueless he is, it is simply that he is failing and does not give one iota of confidence that he even understands that he’s failing, never mind the ability to do anything to resolve it.

There now, I trust this enriches your knowledge on why he is simply not good enough.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:For Ireland it was the BoD factor
Cave was seen early doors in the meedya as BoDs successor and with all of BoDs injury worries when Cave was coming through he was a shoe in at 13

But the selectors kept picking Horgan or Earls. Weird right?

Well what if I told you that BoD could have put a lot of pressure on the IRFU not to select Cave, both internally and in the meedya

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
He slated him on twitter.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

FOLK started with him coaching the defence and it being brad pitt.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Reidy dropped
Henry in
Ludik in
Cave to MCB

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I had feared that Diack would be straight back in.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

I take that the snow is no longer a problem. Is the pitch now completely waterlogged? Only wondering because I looked out of the window and I now have a garden pond. Or rather more accurately, I now have a pond. There is a mallard swimming in it. The dog has just remembered he's a water retriever, so I'm having to hold him back. So how badly wet has a rugby pitch to be to prevent a match being played?
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Jokeshop
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote:I had feared that Diack would be straight back in.
Even Disco has to earn his place back in the match day squad.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Dave wrote:I had feared that Diack would be straight back in.
Even Disco has to earn his place back in the match day squad.
Those 200 caps don't count for much.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Quins:

15. Ross Chisholm 14. Charlie Walker 13. Winston Stanley 12. Jamie Roberts 11. Alofa Alofa 10. Marcus Smith 9. Ian Prior; 1. Lewis Boyce 2. Elia Elia 3. Kyle Sinckler 4. George Merrick 5. Charlie Matthews 6. Archie White 7. Dave Ward (C) 8. Renaldo Bothma

16. Charlie Piper 17. Mark Lambert 18. Phil Swainston 19. Mat Luamanu 20. Dino Lamb 21. James Lang 22. Tim Visser 23. Mike Brown

Multiple changes for Quins: Robshaw and Care (concussion), Marler injured. The nice Mr Brown on the bench. More interested in their game v Newcastle next week with this selection.

Should be a BP win for :red:
Last edited by Neill_M on Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

If we don't tank these then season over.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Neill_M wrote:Quins:

15. Ross Chisholm 14. Charlie Walker 13. Winston Stanley 12. Jamie Roberts 11. Alofa Alofa 10. Marcus Smith 9. Ian Prior; 1. Lewis Boyce 2. Elia Elia 3. Kyle Sinckler 4. George Merrick 5. Charlie Matthews 6. Archie White 7. Dave Ward (C) 8. Renaldo Bothma

16. Charlie Piper 17. Mark Lambert 18. Phil Swainston 19. Mat Luamanu 20. Dino Lamb 21. James Lang 22. Tim Visser 23. Mike Brown

Multiple changes for Quins: Robshaw and Care (concussion), Marler injured. The nice Mr Brown on the bench. More interested in their game v Newcastle next week with this selection.

Devaluing the competition

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Russ wrote:

Devaluing the competition

Pro 14 sides rest players, English sides rotate their squads.....this is probably how it will be justified by the "experts" :roll:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

It might be, however, I will find that a pleasant surprise. The last time we horsed a set of Lionels away, we were utter shyte in the home game.

The game on Sunday was in unusual circumstances which Ulster handled much better than Quims, there should really be no reliance on that. Start again and hopefully batter the Lionels.

Neither should we take any comfort in their changes, they will have guys trying to make an impression rather than old lags sitting on their arses because it doesn't matter.

Keep in mind also that though we have a little more to play for than them, ultimately the SDC means feck all barring a few quid for losing a QF. I don't see us winning 3 matches, even 2 is a stretch.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.