Free Darren Cave!!

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Free Darren Cave!!

Post by UlsterNo9 »

No exclusive Bagster. It was yesterday's fish and chips wrappers.

There's a theory about playing yourself back into form.... nah wait, lost don't know what I'm saying.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Im sure banbridge would treat him well

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

DC may just have to keep his gob shut, take the brad pitt on the chin, hope for LK to get binned off, and for JG to sanction a new contract for him prior to end of season....that’s if he wants to stay. For LK to be scape goating DC is extremely poor form if Baggy s intel is good. For LK to sanction TB at 13 over DC is clearly personal and to the detriment of UR. This will be the next wee LK scandal out of the bag....sheer madness. Training with the persona non gratis and not even getting a look in with the A side needs questioning in public with LK. Also the podcast with LK was pure business soundbite bullshit with no Rugby relevance whatsoever. DC just needs to wait this out because results or not everyone knows LK is out of his depth, and for me he isn’t going to win the fans back results or not....bullshit and incompetence is not a good combo.
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

As someone who doesn’t buy into the ‘best 13 in Ireland’ nonsense, or even believe he is in the top 5, I don’t really have a problem with the absence of Cave from the team, but if even half of what is said above is based on truth then LK needs to be pulled up, or justify himself.

At times I really really really miss having DHumph at the wheel
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

For Cave to be training with the Lisburn Road 2 says a lot... if off the boil then at least give him a few runs outs in the A team to show form and keep fitness up.. for me its personal and as such Kiss has shown himself up not for the first time.. not so much about the team and more about him.. still he must have overheard what Cave thought of him.. I suspect like much of Ulster FOLK...and as eggs is saying it is not about whether Cave is 1st 3rd or 5th best.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

222toHounslow wrote:Please tell me this isn’t true Bagster?

It’s not even anymore
I normally say I'd put Agen's life on it, in this case, I'd put my own on it, it's FACT, not fake news, absolutely true.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Eggs wrote:As someone who doesn’t buy into the ‘best 13 in Ireland’ nonsense, or even believe he is in the top 5, I don’t really have a problem with the absence of Cave from the team, but if even half of what is said above is based on truth then LK needs to be pulled up, or justify himself.

At times I really really really miss having DHumph at the wheel
Quite a bit I'd agree with you on Eggs.

At present Cave is not in the top 5 in Ulster according to FOLK.

I can also assure you that from what I've been told, that is verbatim - what FOLK said to Cave.

Now what you do have to factor in is that Cave got his pan knocked in not once but twice in quick succession and was getting up for a third go because that's what he's always done, defend the Ulster line. So he was not available for most of the end of last season.

However he has not had a look-in, in reality, this season, if you've missed games then you need time to get your form back. You need games.

I think it's pretty clear that FOLK has decided that of the over 30 players, Cave & Trimble both appear to have been marginalised this season. How does a player get into form without game time?

It may be that Kiss is just a fool, it may be that there is a need to trim the wage bill. If Trimble & Cave both left that would free up a fair bit of dough, the strange thing though, if you want to shed a player on decent money, how do you do that if you don't allow them to play and attract the attention of other clubs?

Many here seem to think that Cave could walk into a big contract elsewhere. I can tell you that if a player isn't playing, clubs don't come looking, nor their agents.

Eggs, I too believe that although Doc Dave had issues, that he absolutely was sharp enough to get the business end of things right more times than enough. I'm not sure that we have come anywhere close to replacing him.

Kiss has not a single clue how to deal with players, he is an angry little man who cannot communicate without adding layer upon layer of bullshite. Nobody has clarity about what he wants. He is supposedly a coach, which Doc Dave was not, but our biggest current failure is in his speciality, we are failing hand over fist, most tries conceded in a season last time and well ahead of schedule to beat that number this time around. It's pathetic.

I say none of this for personal reasons, I have never met Kiss, he may be a very nice man though I've heard things to the contrary. My only interest is that Ulster is as good as we can be. This clown is not the answer, he's a big part of the problem.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Only 13 in Ireland

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

When are there not casualties during the tenure of a head coach?

It's just tough brad pitt if it happens to be your favourite player. Obviously, I am beside myself that 2MP's hirsute face doesn't either.

Cave's contract is up in the summer. It's not as though there's any need for Ulster to put him in the shop window and London Irish will no doubt find a jersey for him.

He'll get his 200th game, perhaps against the Ospreys when we're saving players for the knock out stuff.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Russ wrote:Only 13 in Ireland

Who? Henshaw, Aki, Farrell or Ringrose?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Cockatrice wrote:For Cave to be training with the Lisburn Road 2 says a lot... if off the boil then at least give him a few runs outs in the A team to show form and keep fitness up.. for me its personal and as such Kiss has shown himself up not for the first time.. not so much about the team and more about him.. still he must have overheard what Cave thought of him.. I suspect like much of Ulster FOLK...and as eggs is saying it is not about whether Cave is 1st 3rd or 5th best.
I'd agree with both you and Eggs on this. I am far from convinced that Cave should be in our 1st xv if everyone is fit And don't really see him as a bench option, but it seems like Kiss will go to all lengths to avoid selecting him. If out of form, play him with the A team. No-one will play their way into form or indeed be ready if required, just training.

What i don't know of course is what went on between them, but EVEN IF Cave was out of line it should be dealt with and everyone moves on, which is clearly not the case here. It is also creating an unecessary sideshow to some extent when we have some very important games coming up and just the ever so tiniest hint of optimism after a really poor few weeks. Poor man mangement in the face of it by Kiss.

Trimble is a different matter for me. His form this season has not been great and there are 2 nailed on starters for the back 3 in Charles and Stockdale. I know Gilroy has his critics but he can still definitely do a good job for us and has shiwn some decent form recently.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Would he at least get a fairer hearing if he went to the right church...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

All fit and firing Cave isn't our best 13. Behind Marshall and Payne, and perhaps Olding if he comes back.

Darrens biggest problem has been the hamstring injuries hat has robbed him of that pace. Still a better 13 than Ludik though...
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Forgot about ex wonderkid, Luke.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:Forgot about ex wonderkid, Luke.
Good question, what is actually wrong with Luke at present as I don't remember him getting injured at his last appearance.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best