So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Liz Fraser wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Steady Liz, I made no such comment. Slightly in jest I said I wouldn't have a fücking Lionel about me.

Like one or two I believe he was scapegoated for Burgess which was probably Rob Andrew's idea. Then there was an opinion that Farrell taking over. Finally, Jones has indeed simply taken Lancaster's groundwork and with a couple of years more maturity they hiave gone forward but not as far as they think. They've had only Ireland as a serious threat in Europe, haven't played NZ had SA in shambles and Oz with a huge injury crisis in a fairly shallow talent pool.

Lionel Båstards
Agreed Baggy.
I think Jones is a great coach particularly winning 3-0 in Oz and making Haskell look a world beater.
However I don't think he's developed much smarts in his side as we saw against Italys exploitation of the offside laws last year
You can imagine O'shea thinking he may have got 15 minutes out of that tops, not over a half of rugby.
You can't imagine Leinster taking that amount of time to work out what was going on.

Jones is not reinventing the wheel but simply playing to his sides strengths.
You know what's coming but what can you do about it.
Still not convinced about their back line though.
It will be interesting to see how they get on against one of my favourite coaches Townsend this year at Murrayfield.
Dare I say it Gregor has transformed Scotland into a team I like watching!

What Lancaster and Co are doing at Leinster is great to watch and effective.
The main thing all of these coaches have in common is that their sides play with intensity.
That shows a side wants to play for each other and the coach.
They have a belief and trust in the set up and systems which transfers to on field intensity.
We haven't really seen that at Ulster since the Nevin inspired Scarlets game.

With any future coach we get it's paramount they can introduce intensity regardless of gameplan or tactics.
Without that it's pointless.
Tell you what Liz, aside from mixing me up with some ganch, you’re a credit to the fairer sex.

Do you think Jono Gibbes is often heard singing My Way around Spanners? I can hear it now:

Regrets I’ve had a few, but recently too many to mention,
I’ve made a move that’s fraught despite my best fûcking intentions
I’ve joined a shower of shîte, with hardly a forward worth the mention
But aaaaaaaah, fücksake for now, I’ll do it my way?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
SDK
Novice

Post by SDK »

Anybody any news about Arno Botha?

Premiership strugglers London Irish have signed South Africa internationals Arno Botha and Piet van Zyl from Super Rugby side Blue Bulls.

Both players move to the Madejski Stadium with immediate effect.

Back-row forward Botha, 26, and scrum-half van Zyl, 28, made their Test debuts for the Springboks in 2013.

Botha played 47 Super Rugby matches for the Pretoria-based club while van Zyl featured 76 times in the competition for Cheetahs and the Blue Bulls.

Botha, who can play at flanker or number eight, had agreed to join Ulster on a two-year deal last summer but his move to the Pro14 side fell through following a medical.

The Exiles are bottom of the Premiership table, 10 points adrift of 11th-placed Worcester, after 12 games of the campaign.

The club have not disclosed the length of the pair's contracts.
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Was mentioned earlier, he may we’ll go on to show Big Sean up on the injury front knowing our luck?

As regards Kiss being contracted another season I think a resignation will be our only hope and he’s to self invested to entertain the thought.
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Steady Liz, I made no such comment. Slightly in jest I said I wouldn't have a fücking Lionel about me.

Like one or two I believe he was scapegoated for Burgess which was probably Rob Andrew's idea. Then there was an opinion that Farrell taking over. Finally, Jones has indeed simply taken Lancaster's groundwork and with a couple of years more maturity they hiave gone forward but not as far as they think. They've had only Ireland as a serious threat in Europe, haven't played NZ had SA in shambles and Oz with a huge injury crisis in a fairly shallow talent pool.

Lionel Båstards
Agreed Baggy.
I think Jones is a great coach particularly winning 3-0 in Oz and making Haskell look a world beater.
However I don't think he's developed much smarts in his side as we saw against Italys exploitation of the offside laws last year
You can imagine O'shea thinking he may have got 15 minutes out of that tops, not over a half of rugby.
You can't imagine Leinster taking that amount of time to work out what was going on.

Jones is not reinventing the wheel but simply playing to his sides strengths.
You know what's coming but what can you do about it.
Still not convinced about their back line though.
It will be interesting to see how they get on against one of my favourite coaches Townsend this year at Murrayfield.
Dare I say it Gregor has transformed Scotland into a team I like watching!

What Lancaster and Co are doing at Leinster is great to watch and effective.
The main thing all of these coaches have in common is that their sides play with intensity.
That shows a side wants to play for each other and the coach.
They have a belief and trust in the set up and systems which transfers to on field intensity.
We haven't really seen that at Ulster since the Nevin inspired Scarlets game.

With any future coach we get it's paramount they can introduce intensity regardless of gameplan or tactics.
Without that it's pointless.
Tell you what Liz, aside from mixing me up with some ganch, you’re a credit to the fairer sex.

Do you think Jono Gibbes is often heard singing My Way around Spanners? I can hear it now:

Regrets I’ve had a few, but recently too many to mention,
I’ve made a move that’s fraught despite my best fûcking intentions
I’ve joined a shower of shîte, with hardly a forward worth the mention
But aaaaaaaah, fücksake for now, I’ll do it my way?
I think all being said Baggy it's going to be Gibbes
This will soley on his admirable reputation because I see virtually no improvement since his arrival in any aspect.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Onions have layers... I need a hug.

OK let’s focus here for a minute. Forget about Jonno, Bryn and CiC. First and foremost let’s concentrate on getting rid of Kiss.
We know the problems go deeper, but let’s do this one layer at a time. Kiss OTF first, then we can turn our attentions elsewhere. The layers are serving their purpose, as they divide our attention and allow them to remain in their jobs.
FOLK
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Just as well we ditched Arno for dependable team stalwart Marcell Whotzee?
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Deraless wrote:Just as well we ditched Arno for dependable team stalwart Marcell Whotzee?
:scratch: Thought we got the unbreakable Deysel when the Botha deal fell through.

To be fair there would have been uproar on here if we hadn't exercised our right not to complete the transfer and brought Arno in while still recuperating. Also don't forget that just because another club has signed him it doesn't guarantee that he is back to full fitness - LI may have sighed a cracking player but they could equally have signed another Coetzee. Only time will tell.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Why pull the deal on Botha and not SVDM?
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

scrum5 wrote:Why pull the deal on Botha and not SVDM?
The Hond should not have been signed for being brad pitt.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Inspector Brown
Novice

Post by Inspector Brown »

Hond hasn't had much of an opportunity to show what he can do, but the signs so far are not good.
Deysel is not good enough to be occupying an NIQ spot. He's hard as nails, but has no great skill set.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Inspector Brown wrote:Hond hasn't had much of an opportunity to show what he can do, but the signs so far are not good.
Deysel is not good enough to be occupying an NIQ spot. He's hard as nails, but has no great skill set.
Deysel was very good for Munster last year and no reason why he cannot replicate here if we start playing decent. If we continue to play the static one up ball carrying muck that we did in the first half against Munster then he will struggle for us. In the second half, when we ran in pods, he was much better although his time was cut short.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Dave wrote:
Inspector Brown wrote:Hond hasn't had much of an opportunity to show what he can do, but the signs so far are not good.
Deysel was very good for Munster last year and no reason why he cannot replicate here if we start playing decent. If we continue to play the static one up ball carrying muck that we did in the first half against Munster then he will struggle for us. In the second half, when we ran in pods, he was much better although his time was cut short.
Other than him being another year older and perhaps father time's starting to catch up?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Dave wrote:
scrum5 wrote:Why pull the deal on Botha and not SVDM?
The Hond should not have been signed for being brad pitt.
The Hond of the Disasterskills still has an important role to play this season.

He's leading the squad's tour of the West Midlands Safari Park on the way to Coventry in a couple of weeks.
Inspector Brown
Novice

Post by Inspector Brown »

Dave wrote:
Deysel was very good for Munster last year...
I thought Deysel never really made much of an impact at Munster. He's good, but not good enough for an NIQ spot.

NIQs should have x factor.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Inspector Brown wrote:
Dave wrote:
Deysel was very good for Munster last year...
I thought Deysel never really made much of an impact at Munster. He's good, but not good enough for an NIQ spot.
They seemed to rate him down there. I agree though that we should expect better from an NIQ but that's what happens when you make a ballix of the first signing