Kiss to go? ULSTER SAYS .......

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

I'm a celebrity get me out of here!

Kiss must go
8%
Logan must go
8%
Kiss and Logan must go
78%
It's the players fault
2%
All is grand, we will bounce back
4%

Total votes: 50

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Kiss to go? ULSTER SAYS .......

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Logans been here a while and whilst doing some decent things in the whole is unable to put the foundations in place to take us to the next level. Kiss has a great pedigree on paper, but whatever style he is trying to deploy is just not clicking with the players. The players must also take a little look at themselves as missed one on one tackles are not a CEO or DOR problem.
Last edited by UlsterNo9 on Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Kiss to go? ULSTER SAYS .......

Post by Jackie Brown »

Where has Logan gone? He's disappeared like a fart in the wind

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Jackie Brown wrote:Where has Logan gone? He's disappeared like a fart in the wind

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Perhaps he is creeping out the back door before things crash, he has previous in that route.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Nevermind a look in the mirror.....literally half the squad need binning off, simply not good enough. What do people expect of UR....I’d thi k we should operate top 10/12 sides in European cup.....guys below that level need to go. I’d prefer to play the young lads than. Overpaid tom kite
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dharper wrote:Nevermind a look in the mirror.....literally half the squad need binning off, simply not good enough. What do people expect of UR....I’d thi k we should operate top 10/12 sides in European cup.....guys below that level need to go. I’d prefer to play the young lads than. Overpaid tom kite
I actually think we're at that level
Constant playoffs and always there or there about in europe early stages
Problem is we do that with one or two players carrying us

Id accept a team of honest grafters over three stars and 12 dross

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

CEO... Walter Mitty who lies... exactly when did you serve in the Royal Marines you part-timer?

DoR.... who wafffles and hears noise...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dharper wrote:Nevermind a look in the mirror.....literally half the squad need binning off, simply not good enough. What do people expect of UR....I’d thi k we should operate top 10/12 sides in European cup.....guys below that level need to go. I’d prefer to play the young lads than. Overpaid tom kite
When we get chinned, this is a regular reaction, understandable too, but flawed. Unless you are prepared to see utter devastation on the pitch for 3/4 years whilst a huge element of your proposed squad gain experience and hopefully come good.

Many might not think that a bad thing, put the Ulsterman or at least Irishman back into Ulster. There is one massive problem, bums on seats, you can rest assured that a team who get hockeyed regularly will see many of the blow-ins desert the place like snow off a ditch. We cannot afford what happened in Munster when they were muck a few years back and crowds at Toemund were often below 10000.

One reason the FIRFU has been relatively content with Ulster splashing the cash on NIQs is that we have been well managed financially, for a long time profitable. Lose that and Nucifora will be all over Ulster like a cheap suit.

As ever there needs to be a fudged halfway house. I will not be surprised if some of our larger earners are not renewed, one or two surprises perhaps. Piutau, in my opinion, has been a waste of money, in large part because he is wasted at fullback despite ample evidence that he is not suited to it. Coetzee would have been marvellous as a player, just what was needed but he got broken before we got him, about £200,000 per game if I'm close to his uninsured salary and another shedload next year.

I'd love to know what p earns, what Robert Diack earns, what Clive earns - still can't get over a rugby player named Clive (Clives and Robins should be in Comber with Tommy, never missing a game). A selection of highly paid Daves and that is before we get around to the Barbaras & Herrons that we have squandered cash on. Shanners anyone?

Yes Dh, we need to shed some dross, but it has to be well considered, it has to be practical, but yes it's needed nearly as much losing Fit & FOLK.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Bowe, Trimble, Dalek, Shannanahan, p, and dare I say it...Rory Best! He’s still good, but past his best, unable to lift the team and the end is nigh.
That lot, along with Charles’s wad, will help balance the books when season ticket sales dip next term, but Logie-Bear will want another ‘World Star’ to attract the bakebook women and the boys who use products.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Tender wrote:Bowe, Trimble, Dalek, Shannanahan, p, and dare I say it...Rory Best! He’s still good, but past his best, unable to lift the team and the end is nigh.
That lot, along with Charles’s wad, will help balance the books when season ticket sales dip next term, but Logie-Bear will want another ‘World Star’ to attract the bakebook women and the boys who use products.
We need stars. I said 2 years ago that Charlie was a luxury that we just didn't need and that we had no pack to give him any ball. We need to fill the pack with NIQs of the highest quality that we can find. Through in a few young players along side a bit of quality and they will flourish. It's a balancing act. We need some homegrown lads, we need some projects and we need the best NIQ's that we can find.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I was talking to a dog last night and he was surprised that no one ever questions podium4sport. I mean how many player's slipped last night?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Let’s also examine the faceless committees in detail....
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Professional Management Committee....

David Dobbin (Chair), J McKibben, J Parke, S Elliott, M Boyd, D Gardiner, G Irwin, C Watson, P Rainey, D Miller, S Black, J Robinson and S Logan...

Pro Game Committee ... D Miller (Chair), M Boyd, H McCaughey, G Leslie, J Robinson, B Cunningham and S Logan.

I seemed to recall that the DoR used to be on the committee but that no longer seems to be the case. What does each of thee committees do? Who is actually responsible? As for the PMC its chair resigned some while back so maybe he knew he was working with a sinking ship.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

85% of UR income comes from the PRO game ie us turning up on Friday nights plus sponsorship etc etc... the only thing that UR will understand is when the current 10,500 season ticket holders decide to make a point and keep their hard earned cash... even the many seats this year are being covered because they are paid... UR need 12,500 to break even so in theory the supporters do hold one powerful string which they need to pull... The success of UR is governed by success on the field.. we are not successful.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Cockatrice wrote:85% of UR income comes from the PRO game ie us turning up on Friday nights plus sponsorship etc etc... the only thing that UR will understand is when the current 10,500 season ticket holders decide to make a point and keep their hard earned cash... even the many seats this year are being covered because they are paid... UR need 12,500 to break even so in theory the supporters do hold one powerful string which they need to pull... The success of UR is governed by success on the field.. we are not successful.
Anyone on a plane and banner? :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Sue Dename
Novice

Post by Sue Dename »

Cockatrice wrote:Professional Management Committee....

David Dobbin (Chair), J McKibben, J Parke, S Elliott, M Boyd, D Gardiner, G Irwin, C Watson, P Rainey, D Miller, S Black, J Robinson and S Logan...

Pro Game Committee ... D Miller (Chair), M Boyd, H McCaughey, G Leslie, J Robinson, B Cunningham and S Logan.

I seemed to recall that the DoR used to be on the committee but that no longer seems to be the case. What does each of thee committees do? Who is actually responsible? As for the PMC its chair resigned some while back so maybe he knew he was working with a sinking ship.
Those are last seasons committees