Kiss to go? ULSTER SAYS .......

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

I'm a celebrity get me out of here!

Kiss must go
8%
Logan must go
8%
Kiss and Logan must go
78%
It's the players fault
2%
All is grand, we will bounce back
4%

Total votes: 50

Sue Dename
Novice

Re: Kiss to go? ULSTER SAYS .......

Post by Sue Dename »

Sue Dename wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Professional Management Committee....

David Dobbin (Chair), J McKibben, J Parke, S Elliott, M Boyd, D Gardiner, G Irwin, C Watson, P Rainey, D Miller, S Black, J Robinson and S Logan...

Pro Game Committee ... D Miller (Chair), M Boyd, H McCaughey, G Leslie, J Robinson, B Cunningham and S Logan.

I seemed to recall that the DoR used to be on the committee but that no longer seems to be the case. What does each of thee committees do? Who is actually responsible? As for the PMC its chair resigned some while back so maybe he knew he was working with a sinking ship.
Those are last seasons committees

The management committee is, Chair Paul Terrington, President Graffin Park, VP Stephen Elliott, JVP Gary Leslie, M Boyd, D Gardiner, G Irwin, C Watson, P Rainey, D Millar, S Black, Logan and AN Other
Paul Terrington replaced David Dobbin who had served 6 years as chair. D Dobbin did not resign, his tenure was extended by 2 years over the normal 4, and he was always standing down at that point.

Pro Game Board, D Millar, M Boyd, H McGaughey, G Leslie, Logan & B Cunningham
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Sue Dename wrote:
Sue Dename wrote:

David Dobbin (Chair), J McKibben, J Parke, S Elliott, M Boyd, D Gardiner, G Irwin, C Watson, P Rainey, D Miller, S Black, J Robinson and S Logan...

Pro Game Committee ... D Miller (Chair), M Boyd, H McCaughey, G Leslie, J Robinson, B Cunningham and S Logan.

I seemed to recall that the DoR used to be on the committee but that no longer seems to be the case. What does each of thee committees do? Who is actually responsible? As for the PMC its chair resigned some while back so maybe he knew he was working with a sinking ship.

The management committee is, Chair Paul Terrington, President Graffin Park, VP Stephen Elliott, JVP Gary Leslie, M Boyd, D Gardiner, G Irwin, C Watson, P Rainey, D Millar, S Black, Logan and AN Other
Paul Terrington replaced David Dobbin who had served 6 years as chair. D Dobbin did not resign, his tenure was extended by 2 years over the normal 4, and he was always standing down at that point.

I would love to know what those committees true feelings on the way Ulster is performing at present.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Rooster wrote:
Sue Dename wrote:
Sue Dename wrote:

I would love to know what those committees true feelings on the way Ulster is performing at present.
id imagine as long them and their girlfriends get an expenses paid trip to an away qtr final, they're quite content, thank you very much!
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Some of the names on the Branch and Pro game board are just names , however, some are the puppet masters and while they are there nothing will change, the main character being Watson, nothing and I mean nothing is done or applied unless he gives the nod, Watson and Logan to go
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

Ulster have the most faithful supporters around which is evident as they still turn up in great numbers despite all the rubbish they have been forced to watch this season. They have just been taken for granted for so long but sadly for Ulster Rugby the situation is beginning to turn at an ever increasing speed. I have lost count of the number of supporters who have said they are not renewing seasons tickets next year but will simply wait to see how things turn out and buy tickets for the games they want to see. This could have a disastrous effect on attendance.
Sadly this is not getting through to the powers that be who are watching over what could be the ultimate end of professional rugby in this province. It may come slowly but unless dramatic steps are taken it will come about sooner rather than later. We understand that we cannot win all the time but the recent gutless and pathetic displays recently say it all. I do not blame the playing staff though clearly quite a few are either over the hill or will never have the ability to make it.
We have no less that 4 full time and no doubt well paid coaches and frankly what precisely have they done for Ulster Rugby? Nothing. I also blame Mr Logan and his committee who seem unable to see the unrest among the supporters and the writing on the wall.
I feel I am able to speak as I have been a seasons ticket holder from day one and indeed long before seasons tickets were available.
Both Kiss and Logan must go NOW and offer the top job to someone with the knowledge of rugby and a real love of Ulster to someone like Stevie Ferris.However this, I am sure, will as usual only turn out to be wishfull thinking on my part.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:I was talking to a dog last night and he was surprised that no one ever questions podium4sport. I mean how many player's slipped last night?
OK, I'll aks >EW what is a podium4sport, 4medals? We won't need one.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Shop...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cockatrice wrote:Shop...
Big Yella Bus Stop

Their stuff is pretty pricey in my experience.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Sue Dename wrote:
Sue Dename wrote:

sue.... Thanks for that. It would be difficult to argue with an appointment such as Terrington as Dobbin before him to provide much needed wider expertise on the management committee but what of some of the others.... As Kofi says Watson is a dinosaur that craves control and also which of those two committees actually oversees the PRO game..

My guess the Pro Game Committee although I am open to hear from the experts out there with a direct line to the door. I did hear a while back from the auntie of a delivery driver who knows a guy from his local pub whose cousin used to play rugby (that the closest I can get these days) that Cunningham was put in place to run the professional game and that then allowed Logan to take one step away from the ensuing shyte that was coming.

Are the PRO Game Board the people that run UR and as such allow Logan to take a back seat and point a collective finger at Bryn and others? How long has this board been in situ? How does one become a member?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
Sue Dename wrote:
Sue Dename wrote:

Me too Brother Rooster, it would require extreme myopia to believe that we are "doing a lot of good things, even if it may not look like it" which is the case forwarded by L Kiss Esq.

What is absolutely apparent from the outside is that this is a team/club in serious crisis both on & off the pitch thanks to many factors. These include but are probably not limited to the following:

1) The CEO whose time of usefulness appears to be over, we see nothing from him but occasional soundbites, most of which are bizarre & bullshit combined.

He claims that numbers are rising playing the game, so Mr Logan, why not talk us through the adult male numbers and clarify why so many matches are cancelled as clubs can't field a team.

Talk us through why you presided over open conflict in the coaching regime for more years than was remotely healthy without acting in a timely manner.

Talk us through why you bullshit about extensive world searches resulting in the appointment of the best-qualified man - Les Kiss - who doesn't appear to know the difference between his ass & a hole in the ground, when we all know that he was never the candidate of choice, who was a man who didn't come because he would have been saddled with Dumb & Dumber, both of whom appear to be doing OK elsewhere. (NB. Ospreys pack is not their problem)

2) The team are coached by a prime exponent of mumbo-jumbo, I assume he was interviewed though perhaps D4 simply appointed him. If he was interviewed I suggest those on the panel (or was it just the CEO) need to look hard in the mirror for accepting a totally untested coach in top position and it could only have been a case of bullshit baffling brains. In a professional sports business, it happens but a bluffer shouldn't get the gig and if he does, when found out he needs to be gassed quickly to prevent ongoing damage.

3) It cannot be avoided, it has to be said, the case of "The Two Young Gentlemen" has been an utter disaster, for Ulster Rugby just as much as to their own lives. Irrespective of the outcome this will not be pleasant. I'd love to say a lot more but won't.

I'm quite certain that those are major factors behind what currently ails Ulster, though not being an insider I don't know what other things are at play other than whispered rumours and accusations.

Neither do I believe all blazers are self-serving timeservers on the gravy train, indeed I don't doubt that most make their own lives time poor by giving it to Ulster, doing their best for little reward.

What I absolutely know is that if anyone tries to sell you the idea that we are just having a few difficulties and all will be well, they are selling snake oil, and blowing smoke up yer pipe. We are and have been in reverse gear for at least 3/4 seasons, the improvements that were undoubtedly made in the years of Fit & Dr Humphreys are gone, fortunes squandered on ill-advised signings and signings of broken players.

Big changes are required, I know some of them I hope there are people in place with the guts to make them.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Baggy... in the case of 2 above the bluffer employed a bluffer.

Otherwise the CEO has gone missing in action during the past few months but thankfully for him he has an Operations Manager responsible for overseeing this current debacle.. he also strangely went missing in the RWC Team something still being overlooked and why when they made the pitch in London were UR represented by NIs top civil servant.

I get the impression no one can make the decision without committee discussion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I'll not defend Kiss . Two things in his back ground and experience don't gel for the post he holds in my opinion , firstly is he comes from a Rugby league career and secondly he played on the wing.

Rugby League is not Rugby Union and few players have made the change from League to Union successfully , more players have successfully gone from Union to League . the set piece is more important in Rugby Union and ball retention is more important after the breakdown is more important. There is also a greater distinction between positional roles in Rugby Union . Rugby League can be played with a team of 13 tacklers and about 5 ball carriers and 4 pace backs to chase the kicks. The skill range required is less but because of the defensive requirements of the game ex players make good defensive coaches but DoR a step to far in my book.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
amoore
Novice

Post by amoore »

If the fans make up such a large number of the percentage made at Ulster, why not elect a few long standing, progressive thinking Ulster fans onto the board, fans who can be honest about the team because they care so much about the team. Instead of ingnoring all the problems like Logan etc are doing and making excuses about how we are making great progress, someone needs to show a bit of honesty. We are the ones who spend our money on the club, we are the ones who know where us as fans want Ulster to go and it is evident from this forum alone that we know what to do to improve Ulster. Im not suggesting a full scale takeover by the fans here or anything like that cos that quite frankly would be a shambles, but 2 or 3 represensitives from the supporters who could put in honest input on behalf of the fans would go a long way to start steering the ship in the right direction
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

amoore wrote:If the fans make up such a large number of the percentage made at Ulster, why not elect a few long standing, progressive thinking Ulster fans onto the board, fans who can be honest about the team because they care so much about the team. Instead of ingnoring all the problems like Logan etc are doing and making excuses about how we are making great progress, someone needs to show a bit of honesty. We are the ones who spend our money on the club, we are the ones who know where us as fans want Ulster to go and it is evident from this forum alone that we know what to do to improve Ulster. Im not suggesting a full scale takeover by the fans here or anything like that cos that quite frankly would be a shambles, but 2 or 3 represensitives from the supporters who could put in honest input on behalf of the fans would go a long way to start steering the ship in the right direction
Don't be so fûcking stupid.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
amoore wrote:If the fans make up such a large number of the percentage made at Ulster, why not elect a few long standing, progressive thinking Ulster fans onto the board, fans who can be honest about the team because they care so much about the team. Instead of ingnoring all the problems like Logan etc are doing and making excuses about how we are making great progress, someone needs to show a bit of honesty. We are the ones who spend our money on the club, we are the ones who know where us as fans want Ulster to go and it is evident from this forum alone that we know what to do to improve Ulster. Im not suggesting a full scale takeover by the fans here or anything like that cos that quite frankly would be a shambles, but 2 or 3 represensitives from the supporters who could put in honest input on behalf of the fans would go a long way to start steering the ship in the right direction
Don't be so fûcking stupid.
Putting URSC in charge. Jesus H

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk