Season Over

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Season Over

Post by Cockatrice »

rumncoke wrote:At least Russ it better than no idea
And in fact totally ignores several other points

Don’t play for the play offs
Get busy coaching McPhillips
Put Kiss on notice ( publicly)

Those haunting Logan fail to realise he is an employee like a Department head in the Civil Service — he can advise he can recommend but he can not decide .
Hiring and Firing at the end of the week is finally the responsibility of the Committee .

At the moment as pointed out Coachspeak is a cloudy load of cliches failing to identify anything other than short term goals without any detail how a change in fortunes will be achieved and failure to face the fact that while many can accept defeat it is the margin of that defeat which is totally unacceptable .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One reason why I have said that we should also question if we have the right people on the Pro-Game Board...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
stev1eG
Novice

Post by stev1eG »

I think the consensus is to prioritise on finishing 3rd ie. Finishing above Edinburgh. I'm loathe to do it, as it seems like damage limitation and reactive, but there are games we will not win as we are not good enough.
2 key dates are...16 Feb (Edinburgh at Ravenhill), and 7 April (Edinburgh away).
I would not necessarily write off the games against Scarlets (23 Feb away) and Glasgow (2 Mar) at home given the 6 Nations and the numbers of players in those clubs playing for Scotland/Wales (Edinburgh have 11 players in the Scotland squad). But, I would also not be surprised also if Ulster lost (especially to Scarlets away).
Our last game is Munster away on or around 28 Apr, and at that stage Munster will either be in the final of the SDC or not! We need to be clear by around 14 April when we have Coachless Ospreys at home. (and they are playing for 4th pace at best).
Bit disappointing that for another year, that we are left with the 'hope' for next year being better, but this can only be so if something changes - players, coaching, mentality, organisation, attitude all round - I for one do not like the perceived 'christian' (as in the religion) ethos that seems to pervade the club. We need to be more realistic and pragmatic.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

If we go into next season with every exactly the same as it is now, the number of season tickets not renewed will be in the thousands.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

222toHounslow wrote:If we go into next season with every exactly the same as it is now, the number of season tickets not renewed will be in the thousands.
I assume Logan has instructed Bryn to open the bank

When in reality it should be an instruction to Les to play great rugby

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

I still believe we need a terblanche type of signing at 10. Doesn’t need to come to play every minute of every game, but to steer the ship and give McPhillips a bit of mentorship. I am amongst the few who actually thought Donald was a very clever signing, and would have worked well
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

We need a real Lock, we need a back row, if Marcel isnt coming back we might be better saying all the best, pity he is wirld class. Deysel as much as i quite like him is on a par with Jordi, we could get better.

I have ZERO hope or desire to see 'he who must not be named back at 10. So a good NIQ 10 would be a must, someone who could bring on McPhillips... Ruan had absolutely feck all to bring on bar .... The aforementioned unmentionable.

This season is a ballix, scrap it now, a year going for the A cup silly diddy pot would be tolerable if it meant we were improving. Busting the gut and signing journeymen to stay in the big diddy cup is pointless.

Time we fessed up.... We're shyte, try and fix it... No more spin or sound bites.... Get real and clear out the mediocrity. Rubbish in Rubbish out has already been proved no need to confirm it agsin next year.

If not.... I and I suspect many many other ST holders are gone.... Bye.... Sell the naming rights to Exodus Logie. We're getting fed up now.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Cornerfleg wrote:We need a real Lock, we need a back row, if Marcel isnt coming back we might be better saying all the best, pity he is wirld class. Deysel as much as i quite like him is on a par with Jordi, we could get better.

I have ZERO hope or desire to see 'he who must not be named back at 10. So a good NIQ 10 would be a must, someone who could bring on McPhillips... Ruan had absolutely feck all to bring on bar .... The aforementioned unmentionable.

This season is a ballix, scrap it now, a year going for the A cup silly diddy cup would be tolerable if it meant we were improving. Busting the gut abd signing journeymen to stay in thr big diddy cup is pointless.

Time we fessed up.... We're shyte, try and fix it... No more spin or sound bites.... Get real and clear out the mediocrity. Rubbish in Rubbish out has already been proved no need to confirm it agsin next year.

If not.... I and I suspect many many other ST holders are gone.... Bye.... Sell the naming rights to Exodus Logie. We're getting fed up now.
I say turn up for the A's in their Q_F cup match in our thousands and give the superstars a reality check by giving them a miss.. half empty stadium and a drop in bar sales and the missing leader of men will have to come out of the trench..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

And please show the likes of Ah Feck, Hond, Kabaddi, p, Ross, Herron, etc the door don't care if theyve more time to go... Out da feck thanks for the effort, we don't need B&I cup standard players here anymore.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Well I'm looking forward to a wee trip to Limerick at the end of April 2018.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cockatrice wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:We need a real Lock, we need a back row, if Marcel isnt coming back we might be better saying all the best, pity he is wirld class. Deysel as much as i quite like him is on a par with Jordi, we could get better.

This season is a ballix, scrap it now, a year going for the A cup silly diddy cup would be tolerable if it meant we were improving. Busting the gut abd signing journeymen to stay in thr big diddy cup is pointless.

I say turn up for the A's in their Q_F cup match in our thousands and give the superstars a reality check by giving them a miss.. half empty stadium and a drop in bar sales and the missing leader of men will have to come out of the trench..
Depending on the weather I could be in Bedford

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Well I'm looking forward to a wee trip to Limerick at the end of April 2018.
Are you going with Stab Tours or Junkie box B&B? Tripadvisor recomends www.breakfastthroughatube.com for cheap accommodation.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Just when we think we've suffered enough...along comes Rum!
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Tender wrote:Just when we think we've suffered enough...along comes Rum!
UAFCs answer to The Hond.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Have they ever been seen in public together?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Has Rum and Trumps speach writer ever been seen in the same room?