Season Ticket Survey

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Season Ticket Survey

Post by Dave »

Livestream it. There is free WiFi sure.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Great idea Jackie. But Baggy doesnt like Twitter.
Yoda
Initiate

Post by Yoda »

all tickets gone by 6.30!

Detailed report would be much appreciated
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:We have a lot more to worry about than Jackson and Olding. Also not really interested in hearing about the past. I want to know what is being done now, for the rest of the season, next season and for whatever future Ulster has in rugby.

We certainly do BR, they are currently a very unwelcome sideshow but by god, we've missed Jackson's talent. Yet again I will tell people this isn't going away anytime soon, which I assume is what you are saying too.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

I'd say, at a guess, we will be learning from the mistakes of the last few years, taking a good hard look at ourselves and putting measures in place to ensure they don't happen again.

Oh look a pigeon...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

250 tickets, one for each ST holder next year.

Hope someone asks Bryn if he is part of the review, and if it goes upward as far as or beyond the CEO

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
shamalicious wrote:Can't help but feel for Bryn (dodgy signings or no) being the one to face the music rather than our ever-absent CEO.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Shammy, you're far too nice. I'm not!
He has made an absolute mess of his vital role. Brought in rubbish to occupy vital NIQ spots. Hond and Deysel are inexcusable blunders. Deysel was very average at Munster and I saw nothing of Hond in Super Rugby to suggest he was a diamond in the rough. With Deysel, he would have been better saying that given the lack of time and options after Botha fell through, he couldn't get anyone of sufficient quality to fill the spot. Hond is just a total mystery.
I agree with you Shammy, what nobody has yet even considered is this, what was Bryn's budget? Did he have only funds to buy in the soiled goods bucket but with demands for several positions from the mow sacked clown? The answer, as it usually is, is that we don't know but I can tell you that last season Ulster made a loss, had Charless the glamour signing coining the money and perhaps Ulster's 2nd or 3rd best ever signing (based on talent) sitting on his hole for most of last season on a large wedge.

It is quite probable that Bryn faced the twin demands more talent with a small budget, a recipe for poor signings. So perhaps those wanting to pan Bryn might think a little on that.Was that the case? I don't know, I throw it out as possible, maybe probable, given that Ulster made a loss last season and will also make a loss this season. What is certain, the so-called war chest is echoingly empty.

Snipe, I usually watch a lot of Super Rugby, you are wrong to say Hond was not impressive in SR, the problem was he went to France 2 years ago and I think played a total of 5/6 games for Ruan's Montpellier, then, of course, he was injured before he got here. What is certain is that he has been utter rubbish, I just disagree with your initial remark re SR. 3 years ago in the Lions pack he looked a proper prop.

Deysel alarmingly is a similar, if different story. He is a player Ulster were allegedly interested in 6/7 years ago, but in 13/14 he went to Japan for the money, since then alarmingly he has played little rugby. As far as I can discern he has played no more than 40 games in 4 years.

For me this just illustrates my current thinking, if we can't afford NIQs who are nailed on starters, don't fill all the NIQ places. We need more duds like we need a defeat to Weegies.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

I think it's a sign Logan has all but gone, if not it's a disgrace he cannot face the people the people he has mislead during his tenure, I am glad I am one of the few who knew how shît he was from the start.

#notmyceo
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:We have a lot more to worry about than Jackson and Olding. Also not really interested in hearing about the past. I want to know what is being done now, for the rest of the season, next season and for whatever future Ulster has in rugby.

We certainly do BR, they are currently a very unwelcome sideshow but by god, we've missed Jackson's talent. Yet again I will tell people this isn't going away anytime soon, which I assume is what you are saying too.
I'm not convinced Jackson had enough talent to have made a significant difference.

And you notice I use the past tense.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Kofi Annan wrote:I think it's a sign Logan has all but gone, if not it's a disgrace he cannot face the people the people he has mislead during his tenure, I am glad I am one of the few who knew how shît he was from the start.

#notmyceo

I'd say if that's true, we'll hear about it once he's got himself sorted out with another job. He is a disgrace, he doesn't have the minerals to face the people.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

stickinout wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:I think it's a sign Logan has all but gone, if not it's a disgrace he cannot face the people the people he has mislead during his tenure, I am glad I am one of the few who knew how shît he was from the start.

#notmyceo

I'd say if that's true, we'll hear about it once he's got himself sorted out with another job. He is a disgrace, he doesn't have the minerals to face the people.

Why would anyone employ a failure, unless he tinkered with his CV, he wouldn't would he, no, no he is not that silly.

By the way , just a thought, having a gang bang, is that proof you are a team player
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
shamalicious wrote:Can't help but feel for Bryn (dodgy signings or no) being the one to face the music rather than our ever-absent CEO.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Shammy, you're far too nice. I'm not!
He has made an absolute mess of his vital role. Brought in rubbish to occupy vital NIQ spots. Hond and Deysel are inexcusable blunders. Deysel was very average at Munster and I saw nothing of Hond in Super Rugby to suggest he was a diamond in the rough. With Deysel, he would have been better saying that given the lack of time and options after Botha fell through, he couldn't get anyone of sufficient quality to fill the spot. Hond is just a total mystery.
I agree with you Shammy, what nobody has yet even considered is this, what was Bryn's budget? Did he have only funds to buy in the soiled goods bucket but with demands for several positions from the mow sacked clown? The answer, as it usually is, is that we don't know but I can tell you that last season Ulster made a loss, had Charless the glamour signing coining the money and perhaps Ulster's 2nd or 3rd best ever signing (based on talent) sitting on his hole for most of last season on a large wedge.

It is quite probable that Bryn faced the twin demands more talent with a small budget, a recipe for poor signings. So perhaps those wanting to pan Bryn might think a little on that.Was that the case? I don't know, I throw it out as possible, maybe probable, given that Ulster made a loss last season and will also make a loss this season. What is certain, the so-called war chest is echoingly empty.

Snipe, I usually watch a lot of Super Rugby, you are wrong to say Hond was not impressive in SR, the problem was he went to France 2 years ago and I think played a total of 5/6 games for Ruan's Montpellier, then, of course, he was injured before he got here. What is certain is that he has been utter rubbish, I just disagree with your initial remark re SR. 3 years ago in the Lions pack he looked a proper prop.

Deysel alarmingly is a similar, if different story. He is a player Ulster were allegedly interested in 6/7 years ago, but in 13/14 he went to Japan for the money, since then alarmingly he has played little rugby. As far as I can discern he has played no more than 40 games in 4 years.

For me this just illustrates my current thinking, if we can't afford NIQs who are nailed on starters, don't fill all the NIQ places. We need more duds like we need a defeat to Weegies.
I was referring to Hond's performances for Kings before coming to us. I felt he was ordinary and what he did in 2015 is too far back to be relevant. A year is a long time in rugby never mind three.
The main point, which you seem to agree with is that if cash is scarce and good players unavailable. Sign nobody and bank the cash or invest in youth.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I tell you what depresses me ... Lienster have signed a fair amount of average Daves themselves ... and yet their squad and academy players have meant no one has really been bothered complaining that the likes of Lowe, Malone RFC, Side show Kirchner etc would have been quality Daves up in our patch, keeping youngsters back ...

Ermmmm ... :scratch:
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cornerfleg wrote:I tell you what depresses me ... Lienster have signed a fair amount of average Daves themselves ... and yet their squad and academy players have meant no one has really been bothered complaining that the likes of Lowe, Malone RFC, Side show Kirchner etc would have been quality Daves up in our patch, keeping youngsters back ...

Ermmmm ... :scratch:
Fleg, write a note to self saying "I really must watch more rugby". Yes the binman is crap, yes Sideshow Bob was dung but James Lowe is a blinder of a player. (in fact, he'd have been a better signing than Piutau)

That apart, I like your post, it's spot on. :D
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

2 appointments with angry mobs for Bryn now.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall