Replacement 10

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Re: Replacement 10

Post by scrum5 »

Dave wrote:If Sexton does his ACL before the WC and Joey doesn't improve you would be surprised what u-turns the JoeRFU will make.
Wonder what Paddy's response would be if that scenario happened......
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

scrum5 wrote:
Dave wrote:If Sexton does his ACL before the WC and Joey doesn't improve you would be surprised what u-turns the JoeRFU will make.
I would hope it would be, "away and sh1te"

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Jackie Brown wrote:
scrum5 wrote:
I would hope it would be, "away and sh1te"

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
+1
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Thing is I don't remember PJ playing even as well as Carbery in the last 6 months.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Does anyone here honestly think the IRFU will renege on Pj's contract termination? These people are ruthless as feck and would be damned if they appear to be admitting they're in the wrong.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BR wrote:Thing is I don't remember PJ playing even as well as Carbery in the last 6 months.
PJ not playing is better than Carberry playing

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

scrum5 wrote:
Hopefully he would give them the finger (and if it was the same digit he used on thon liar all the better).
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

TopPoster wrote:
scrum5 wrote:
Hopefully, he would give them the finger (and if it was the same digit he used on thon liar all the better).
Quality post Topper, I share your sentiments, especially about the fu'cking liar, I hope she has a fu'cking miserable life though doubtless, she is one of those horriblebastards who falls in shyte and gets up smelling of rose scented shyte.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

TopPoster wrote:
scrum5 wrote:
Hopefully he would give them the finger (and if it was the same digit he used on thon liar all the better).

You’d think Carberry played like PJ in the 2012 Heiny final or on his 6 nations debut at murrayfield the way his performance is being described on here. Ok, it was nowhere near as good as PJ 2 years ago in SA but it was not a disaster. He has barely played 10 all year so judge the guy when he has some meaningful gametime under his belt at munster.

In any event, pj will NOT be asked to join the 2019 world cup squad, regardless of injuries. Carberry, Byrne, Madigan, Steenson, Keatley, Bleyendaal, Hanrahan and McPhillips will all get called up before him, no matter how well he does at Perpignan. Having made its decision there is no way the IRFU would do a u- turn as this would be tantamount to an admission of an error in the decision to dispense with him. Given the pressure they were under to do this, there is no way they would want to face that again, even if it lowered ireland’s chances of a successful tournament.

Any future reintegration into the irish fold is unlikely IMHO, but if it were to happen, then it would be after the world cup.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:I'd like Paddy back

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Someone should look into this
No need. Shane Logan has already done so
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

Joey didn't have a bad game yesterday - Ireland were winning when he left the field
His illustrious replacement came on and, within minutes, butchered a penalty kick to touch which would've put Ireland within a few metres of the Australian line. Game changing moment.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The Carberry performance vs Oz has been discussed on another thread.

Off topic.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

promenader 2 wrote:Joey didn't have a bad game yesterday - Ireland were winning when he left the field
His illustrious replacement came on and, within minutes, butchered a penalty kick to touch which would've put Ireland within a few metres of the Australian line. Game changing moment.
I agree on the Sexton point, but I think that’s very generous to Carberry. He wasn’t terrible, and actually started ok, but when Ireland were wobbling 10 mins either side of HT he wasn’t able to impose himself, and ended up wobbling himself - culminating in the time when he ran in a circle out wide, then threw the ball into touch. He also missed an easy 3, again a big moment in a tight game.

He’s certainly skilful, and maybe all this just results from not enough time playing at 10 - I’m just increasingly glad that we’ll find out if this is the case next season at Munster, instead of with us...
..one more thing
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

We’ve seen even with the likes of Ruan and Lele how difficult it is to play well at 10 if you are not playing there regularly and with them it was against opposition far inferior to the Wallabies. I think Carbery only started one game there this season. He took a few hits and kept himself going. He did ok, but the real test should be next season.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

He doesn’t play for Ulster... he plays for FIRFUKUNTZ.

I wish them nothing but ill. I hope yesterday’s loss was the start of a losing run which continues for several dozen (Bakers) games. I hope they embarrass themselves totally during the World Cup.
My hatred is such, that I don’t care if the lionels bate it up em. They’re not my team.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.