Replacement 10

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Replacement 10

Post by Dave »

Kofi Annan wrote:We , are a fûcking joke, we try to sign a coach under contract with someone else=and believe they will roll over, I don’t want Carberry , but by fûck IRFU have messed this up with the sacking of GP, sad to say but if Sexton was to miss the WC I would laugh my balls off.

Nucifuckwank will go after the WC that’s a given, wait until then to see the mess, Nucifuckwank is an arrogant Cnut and will leave us (Ireland in a mess) ah well job for Logan then
Shirley the first question in the interview should have been, are you able to start in June?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

I would very much like to know who the wise men were that decided to revoke the contracts and if anyone stood up for the Gentlemen.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Russ wrote:
davejohnston wrote:Irish Times reporting that the IRFU are still seeking an Irish solution to the no. 10 posistion, but it’s not one of Munsters, Madigan or Steenson. I take this to mean they are searching for a SH player with Irish grandparents. We also might get a shot at destroying Farrells coaching reputation.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... 6?mode=amp
There has been a massive sea change in the messaging for d4 tours since Joey shat the bed live on Aussie tv

Panic stations have set in
There'll be protests at D4s gate when he's named in the November series

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

When did Nucifora or anyone else from the IRFU actually say that PJ would not play for ireland ever again? He has signed a 2 year deal with Perpignan. I would hope that unless Perpignan got relegated he would see that out if they wanted him too, given the faith they have shown in him. He won’t be picked for the world cup anyway. If Carbery bombs then Byrne could well be back up, with Carbery as utility/3rd choice.

If PJ comes back to Ireland it will be after at least a couple of years.

As for the no.10 situation, IRFU blocked Jantjes and Carbery then didn’t deliver for them by moving north, so they do have some responsibility to find a solution.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

davejohnston wrote:Irish Times reporting that the IRFU are still seeking an Irish solution to the no. 10 posistion, but it’s not one of Munsters, Madigan or Steenson. I take this to mean they are searching for a SH player with Irish grandparents. We also might get a shot at destroying Farrells coaching reputation.

Which would mean we're likely to end up with a 10 who is signed mainly because his granny was Irish. The fact that he might be a useless tosser is neither here nor there. For feck's sake, let's stick with what we got and build for the future.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Gary wrote:

Which would mean we're likely to end up with a 10 who is signed mainly because his granny was Irish. The fact that he might be a useless tosser is neither here nor there. For feck's sake, let's stick with what we got and build for the future.

So we'll sign some 'never has been, never will be' with an Irish granny to block our talent instead of a current Springbok international who might, just might, mentor our up and coming players.

I'll just leave this here for old times sake...
Ruaidhri is a highly talented young Irish prop whose experience of Super Rugby will bring an extra dimension to our front row next season.

“I am delighted that he is joining us and I have no doubt that he will be a huge success at Ravenhill in the coming years.
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

ColinM wrote:
Gary wrote:

So we'll sign some 'never has been, never will be' with an Irish granny to block our talent instead of a current Springbok international who might, just might, mentor our up and coming players.

I'll just leave this here for old times sake...
Ruaidhri is a highly talented young Irish prop whose experience of Super Rugby will bring an extra dimension to our front row next season.

“I am delighted that he is joining us and I have no doubt that he will be a huge success at Ravenhill in the coming years.

I can beat that easily...
"We are delighted to bring Brett into the Ulster environment.

"He has undoubted potential, with an array of skills and real line-breaking ability, which we aim to explore further. With the depth of International-class outhalves at Bath, Brett's opportunities have been limited to the 'A' team and Rosslyn Park, where he has excelled.

"An injury curtailed his almost certain starting berth for England in the U20 World Cup.
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

Or maybe this one...
Ulster team manager Bryn Cunningham said: "Sam is an intelligent and very professional individual and it is his control of the game that we have been most impressed with.

"At 27 he has the experience to make an impact within the squad right from the off and we are fully expecting him to challenge for a starting position within the squad."
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

bangorboy wrote:Or maybe this one...
Ulster team manager Bryn Cunningham said: "Sam is an intelligent and very professional individual and it is his control of the game that we have been most impressed with.

"At 27 he has the experience to make an impact within the squad right from the off and we are fully expecting him to challenge for a starting position within the squad."

Touche.

After your Brett quote I was trying to think of another. I knew we'd signed him but he was so forgettable I couldn't even remember his name.
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

ColinM wrote:
bangorboy wrote:Or maybe this one...

Touche.

After your Brett quote I was trying to think of another. I knew we'd signed him but he was so forgettable I couldn't even remember his name.
Actually on a slow work day this is quite fun... apparrently we signed a prop called Dave Ryan on a 2 year deal a few years back. A quick wiki check showed he made 0 appearances.
David Humphreys, Ulster's Director of Rugby, believes Ryan will be a valuable addition to Mark Anscombe's squad.

"Dave is an experienced Irish prop with solid experience in both the Pro12 and Europe," he said.

"He adds further squad strength to the key position of tighthead prop and I have no doubt that he will be a huge success at Ravenhill."
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Operations Director, Bryn Cunningham, added:

"Rodney is an exciting addition to the Ulster squad for next season. His dynamism and ball-carrying ability in the loose will add an extra dimension to our play and gives us another option for the increasingly high demands of professional rugby."
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Dave Ryan and Ruaidhri were responsible for the definition of the word Dave on this forum. At least they served one purpose.
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

ColinM wrote:Dave Ryan and Ruaidhri were responsible for the definition of the word Dave on this forum. At least they served one purpose.
To be fair they were great at halftime photos with the kids. It was the only time they ever got on the pitch though...
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Gary wrote:

Munster already has 5 of those

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Gary wrote:

Exactly. What’s the fcuking point if they are go to be something like 7th in the IQ out-half pecking order. It’s not like they’ll ever see a hint of an Irish jersey. So why not a much better NIQ who could mentor McP (at least until Paddy returns from France in 2 years....)
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

What they all said!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!