Replacement 10

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Replacement 10

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
You must be a culchie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lisburn Road mate

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Blow in.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Previously Stranmillis but saying that here will get everyone locked up

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Couldn't have asked any more from Jonny McPhillips last night. He'll have benefited from the outing.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Indeed, very encouraging from McPhillips. It was a step up from what he would be used to in terms of pressure but he managed very well. I thought he could have stayed on a bit longer. He was a bit lucky with some of his kicking because their back three couldn't catch a cold but in knowing that, it was something to be exploited. He took the ball to the line well at times and used sleight of hand to put runners through. Ok, defending was poor but I like that ability in a 10.

Next week will be a real tester for him.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:Couldn't have asked any more from Jonny McPhillips last night. He'll have benefited from the outing.

Yes Snipe, agree absolutely, however ...................... Kings :roll:

But I like the fact that unlike Admirable Nelson who just shovels the ball out from 10, he plays like a proper 10, happy to attack the line & looking for runs off him by others. Promising, next week will be a good test but like Timoney, the more I see of M'Phillips the more I like him. Throw wee Lyttle into that category too and Matty Rea. Whisper it quietly but it seems that we might have a few young players who can genuinely play. Wait and see on McPhillips.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

The new ihump

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Couldn't have asked any more from Jonny McPhillips last night. He'll have benefited from the outing.

But I like the fact that unlike Admirable Nelson who just shovels the ball out from 10, he plays like a proper 10, happy to attack the line & looking for runs off him by others. Promising, next week will be a good test but like Timoney, the more I see of M'Phillips the more I like him. Throw wee Lyttle into that category too and Matty Rea. Whisper it quietly but it seems that we might have a few young players who can genuinely play. Wait and see on McPhillips.
Kings were worse than woeful, but given that they had to cobble a squad together at the start of the season, it's all we could expect. They are literally fulfilling fixtures. I'd like to think they would be in a better position next season.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

You can tell JM used to play footy to a good standard.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

Ach Lyttle would be a cut above the others there, he's a lad with the potential to be international standard. The others could be decent options but aren't at that level.

McPhillips has the potential to be our best ever backup 10 but I don't think he's at the level we'd want from our number one outhalf.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

With a little bit of spit and polish, he could be decent.

Certainly roasted the Kings last night.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

McPhillips' soft hands inside to Gilroy for McCloskey's try made for impressive interplay between the threesome.

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Deraless wrote:McPhillips' soft hands inside to Gilroy for McCloskey's try made for impressive interplay between the threesome.

Just watched it again there now on iplayer and it certainly was well managed try.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Very naughty
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Am I wrong in thinking it was McPhillips that took the smart throw in that led to one of the tries.. he was going to take it quick faked then took it and it ended up scored in the other corner.... I may be wrong but still for a young lad with no experience he has provided me at least with a smile for now... Next week will be a tougher task and harder ones will lie ahead but for the most part when we are forced to bring in a youngster as break glass they haven’t let themselves down..

Last night AOC was captain and to think if Raymaaker hadn’t turned up injured he may still be waiting a first cap..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Am I wrong in thinking it was McPhillips that took the smart throw in that led to one of the tries.. he was going to take it quick faked then took it and it ended up scored in the other corner.... I may be wrong but still for a young lad with no experience he has provided me at least with a smile for now... Next week will be a tougher task and harder ones will lie ahead but for the most part when we are forced to bring in a youngster as break glass they haven’t let themselves down..

Last night AOC was captain and to think if Raymaaker hadn’t turned up injured he may still be waiting a first cap..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU