Replacement 10

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Replacement 10

Post by Cockatrice »

Jantjies would of course have been an upgrade on McPhillips.. would I want him not in a month of Sundays.. Quade would also have been an upgrade but again no way... Burns I think could be a dark horse and to think it was more luck than anything... of course none of this would ever be needed had anyone in UR/IRFU a set of balls.. both Connaught and Munster have players embroiled in the same rape incident if not mistaken and whether innocent or guilty we don't need to remind ourselves that Paddy was proved innocent bar maybe one stupid message on a private WhatsApp group..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Cockatrice wrote:Jantjies would of course have been an upgrade on McPhillips.. would I want him not in a month of Sundays.. Quade would also have been an upgrade but again no way... Burns I think could be a dark horse and to think it was more luck than anything... of course none of this would ever be needed had anyone in UR/IRFU a set of balls.. both Connaught and Munster have players embroiled in the same rape incident if not mistaken and whether innocent or guilty we don't need to remind ourselves that Paddy was proved innocent bar maybe one stupid message on a private WhatsApp group..
Connacht and Munster players?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Cockatrice wrote:Jantjies would of course have been an upgrade on McPhillips.. would I want him not in a month of Sundays.. Quade would also have been an upgrade but again no way... Burns I think could be a dark horse and to think it was more luck than anything... of course none of this would ever be needed had anyone in UR/IRFU a set of balls.. both Connaught and Munster have players embroiled in the same rape incident if not mistaken and whether innocent or guilty we don't need to remind ourselves that Paddy was proved innocent bar maybe one stupid message on a private WhatsApp group..
Oh I disagree Cockers I think some very much do need reminding otherwise it's clean slates all round and everyone gets to set the needle back to start to play the same song again.
I personally can never forget the cowardice and hypocrisy demonstrated by the Irish rugby fraternity towards their own.
Jellyfish have more back bone than that lot.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

+1
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

There is a little short recording on Youtube of Paddy in action for the first time since Japan I let the boy geniuses do a link
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Jackie Brown wrote:
Connacht and Munster players?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
In the same might have been better to have said in another case.. a current Munster player was interviewed by police in relation to an incident (maybe on a par to Gilroy's involvement) but I didn't see him disciplined in fact he went on to collect his first international cap last year. As for the Connaught player he is at the centre of the allegations yet was signed asa he awaits trial and presumably that signing was approved by the IRFU..

Lot less press in Ireland about it..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Because they cannot be named and they aren’t Nordiebarstewards
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
pg106
Initiate

Post by pg106 »

Tender wrote:Because they cannot be named and they aren’t Nordiebarstewards
They were named, it was in the press as it happened in France

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hugothemasterofdisaster
Novice

Post by hugothemasterofdisaster »

pg106 wrote:

Say what? Initials so I can google?
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Former Connacht player I believe now, surprised we didn't end up going for him.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

hugothemasterofdisaster wrote:
pg106 wrote:

Say what? Initials so I can google?
Denis Coulson and Chris Farrell were interviewed by police investigating a rape allegation when they were with Grenoble.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Just to clarify - Chris Farrell was questioned as a witness (from memory he tweeted to say it was in order to establish a sequence of events) and was never accused or charged of anything. I believe Coulson has been charged with rape along with 3 other ex-Grenoble players, and the trial is to come.
..one more thing
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Columbo wrote:Just to clarify - Chris Farrell was questioned as a witness (from memory he tweeted to say it was in order to establish a sequence of events) and was never accused or charged of anything. I believe Coulson has been charged with rape along with 3 other ex-Grenoble players, and the trial is to come.
That was it, Farrell was with some of them or saw them earlier in the day, he was never accused of anything but the way it was reported at the time made it look like he was being questioned about actual crime reported.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Open to correction but I believe Coulson is no longer a Connacht player.....
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rooster wrote:
Columbo wrote:Just to clarify - Chris Farrell was questioned as a witness (from memory he tweeted to say it was in order to establish a sequence of events) and was never accused or charged of anything. I believe Coulson has been charged with rape along with 3 other ex-Grenoble players, and the trial is to come.
That was it, Farrell was with some of them or saw them earlier in the day, he was never accused of anything but the way it was reported at the time made it look like he was being questioned about actual crime reported.
What like a misleading headline? The media wouldn't do that.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?