The Pro14 Run In

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

kUD
Novice

The Pro14 Run In

Post by kUD »

So most of you lot think we're battling it out with Edinburgh to cling on to 3rd place, and then the stuffed in the play-off down in Limerick. What if we all took lots of drugs and a strange mood of optimism descended momentarily - we might even believe that it's possible to get second spot.

Bear with me...here's how:

Looking at the remaining fixtures
Leinster: Scarlets (h), Kings (h), Scarlets (a), Ospreys (a), Zebre (h), Treviso (h), Connacht (a)
Scarlets: Leinster (a), Ulster (h), Leinster (h), Munster (a), Glasgow (h), Edinburgh (a), Dragons (a)
Ulster: Edinburgh (h), Scarlets (a), Glasgow (h), Cardiff (a), Edinburgh (a), Ospreys (h), Munster (a)
Edinburgh: Ulster (a), Dragons (a), Munster (h), Connacht (a), Ulster (h), Scarlets (h), Glasgow (h)

We're currently 8 points back on 45 to their 53.

I reckon (hope) that during the 6N period, Scarlets don't win anything - i.e. we actually win an away game, and they fall twice to Leinster; then the week after, Munster do us a favour and beat them too; then they win their last 3 games. Chuck in a few bonus points and they finish on 68 points.

So what do Ulster need to do to beat that?
Win all our home games; and then beat Cardiff, Edinburgh, and Ospreys away - takes us to 69 - and we might even squeak a bonus point or two as well.

Our away form has been rubbish so far this season...but maybe with the coaching calmed down, and a run of games with players in their proper positions without chopping and changing centres every week and a 15 at 15....could it happen? or am I hallucinating again??
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: The Pro14 Run In

Post by BaggyTrousers »

You appear to have us beating Ospreys away in mind, but they are a home game only.

To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest
To follow that star
No matter how hopeless
No matter how far

To fight for the right
Without question or pause
To be willing to march into Hell
For a heavenly cause

And I know if I'll only be true
To this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm
When I'm laid to my rest

And the world will be better for this
That one man, scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable star

The new "Song of Hope" for the huddled oppressed masses of downtrodden Ulstermen.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

An away game.... Nelson will bring home the bacon!!!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Admire kUD's optimism, but reckon the best we can hope for is that the game in Limerick in the final round is a dead rubber with 3rd XVs playing as both sides will have secured their conference positions already and facing other each in the 1st round of the playoffs the week after.

Munster might still be competing on 2 fronts at that stage also.