Champions Cup Quaification

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

Deraless
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 4224
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:26 am

Re: Champions Cup Quaification

Post by Deraless » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:07 pm

big mervyn wrote:The kicking challenge was a barometer for where UR are at the moment.
Kiss influence still showing. I think he selected those 3. Long John Silver would have been closer.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 30217
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: Champions Cup Quaification

Post by BaggyTrousers » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:43 pm

Deraless wrote:
big mervyn wrote:The kicking challenge was a barometer for where UR are at the moment.
Kiss influence still showing. I think he selected those 3. Long John Silver would have been closer.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Almost choked on a lozenge. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mind you the selection of candidates to "kick" represent the parsimonious nature of the folk, not FOLK, putting up the so-called prize money. A child from Bangor, a lady from Strabane who had never kicked a rugby ball in her life and a poor lad from Letterkenny whose legs were stiffer than fuc'k after a 124 mile drive. :duh: :duh: :duh:
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN

Deraless
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 4224
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:26 am

Re: Champions Cup Quaification

Post by Deraless » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:54 pm

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Deraless wrote:
big mervyn wrote:The kicking challenge was a barometer for where UR are at the moment.
Kiss influence still showing. I think he selected those 3. Long John Silver would have been closer.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Almost choked on a lozenge. [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Mind you the selection of candidates to "kick" represent the parsimonious nature of the folk, not FOLK, putting up the so-called prize money. A child from Bangor, a lady from Strabane who had never kicked a rugby ball in her life and a poor lad from Letterkenny whose legs were stiffer than fuc'k after a 124 mile drive. :duh: :duh: :duh:
Next match is a roll over week featuring Dougie Bader, Christy Brown and the obligatory Saffer Oscar Pistorius.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11380
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Champions Cup Quaification

Post by big mervyn » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:22 pm

Deraless wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Deraless wrote:
big mervyn wrote:The kicking challenge was a barometer for where UR are at the moment.
Kiss influence still showing. I think he selected those 3. Long John Silver would have been closer.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Almost choked on a lozenge. [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Mind you the selection of candidates to "kick" represent the parsimonious nature of the folk, not FOLK, putting up the so-called prize money. A child from Bangor, a lady from Strabane who had never kicked a rugby ball in her life and a poor lad from Letterkenny whose legs were stiffer than fuc'k after a 124 mile drive. :duh: :duh: :duh:
Next match is a roll over week featuring Dougie Bader, Christy Brown and the obligatory Saffer Oscar Pistorius.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Don't laugh. I once lost a game of pool to a girl with one arm :oops:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall

User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 22860
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: Champions Cup Quaification

Post by Snipe Watson » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:07 pm

big mervyn wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:Well unless UR give me a free ticket I will not go to such a game, UR should give something back to the fans.
There's an awful lot of elbow room at Ravenhill these days.
A vision of things to come Merv.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk
#NotMyCountry

User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 30217
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: Champions Cup Quaification

Post by BaggyTrousers » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:21 pm

big mervyn wrote:
Deraless wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Deraless wrote:
big mervyn wrote:The kicking challenge was a barometer for where UR are at the moment.
Kiss influence still showing. I think he selected those 3. Long John Silver would have been closer.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Almost choked on a lozenge. [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Mind you the selection of candidates to "kick" represent the parsimonious nature of the folk, not FOLK, putting up the so-called prize money. A child from Bangor, a lady from Strabane who had never kicked a rugby ball in her life and a poor lad from Letterkenny whose legs were stiffer than fuc'k after a 124 mile drive. :duh: :duh: :duh:
Next match is a roll over week featuring Dougie Bader, Christy Brown and the obligatory Saffer Oscar Pistorius.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Don't laugh. I once lost a game of pool to a girl with one arm :oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's a bit of a coincidence of sorts, I once almost lost an arm in a girl in a pool, she was game. Almost indentical. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN

Rugby Nomad
Novice
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:07 pm

Re: Champions Cup Quaification

Post by Rugby Nomad » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:57 pm

Anyone else think that Treviso have an outside chance of claiming fourth spot? Their remaining matches are;

Home: Connacht, Dragons, Zebre
Away: Dragons, Cardiff, Kings, Leinster

Dragons (home), Kings and Zebre are all after the 6 nations and Treviso would be favourites. The others, except Leinster, should be close.

With Ulster being 12 points clear I think we'll need to get a win at home to Ospreys and currently I wouldn't back us to win. I think it's going to be tight at the end of the season, anyone agree or am I being overly pessimistic?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 22860
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: Champions Cup Quaification

Post by Snipe Watson » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:53 pm

Rugby Nomad wrote:Anyone else think that Treviso have an outside chance of claiming fourth spot? Their remaining matches are;

Home: Connacht, Dragons, Zebre
Away: Dragons, Cardiff, Kings, Leinster

Dragons (home), Kings and Zebre are all after the 6 nations and Treviso would be favourites. The others, except Leinster, should be close.

With Ulster being 12 points clear I think we'll need to get a win at home to Ospreys and currently I wouldn't back us to win. I think it's going to be tight at the end of the season, anyone agree or am I being overly pessimistic?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Now that you mention it. >jawdrop
#NotMyCountry

User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11380
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Champions Cup Quaification

Post by big mervyn » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:40 pm

Snipe Watson wrote:
Rugby Nomad wrote:Anyone else think that Treviso have an outside chance of claiming fourth spot? Their remaining matches are;

Home: Connacht, Dragons, Zebre
Away: Dragons, Cardiff, Kings, Leinster

Dragons (home), Kings and Zebre are all after the 6 nations and Treviso would be favourites. The others, except Leinster, should be close.

With Ulster being 12 points clear I think we'll need to get a win at home to Ospreys and currently I wouldn't back us to win. I think it's going to be tight at the end of the season, anyone agree or am I being overly pessimistic?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Now that you mention it. >jawdrop
If anything sums up our season it's sitting on a dreich Sun afternoon with fingers crossed that Dragons beat Treviso.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 5469
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Champions Cup Quaification

Post by Neill_M » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:24 pm

Treviso won 18-15. 5th straight win. 8 points behind Ulster & Edinburgh.

Looking at their remaining games - reckon they could win 4 of them.
Last edited by Neill_M on Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deraless
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 4224
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:26 am

Re: Champions Cup Quaification

Post by Deraless » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:30 pm

We are looking over our shoulder now for sure.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User avatar
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2781
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:23 pm
Location: Not Spain

Re: Champions Cup Quaification

Post by Tender » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:02 pm

We need snookers.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.

User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 20271
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Champions Cup Quaification

Post by Dave » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:05 pm

Think we'll go down.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?

User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 17290
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: Champions Cup Quaification

Post by BR » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:07 pm

Glasgow look like they could be home and hosed for a semifinal by the time they face Edinburgh again.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 5469
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Champions Cup Quaification

Post by Neill_M » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:31 pm

BR wrote:Glasgow look like they could be home and hosed for a semifinal by the time they face Edinburgh again.
Looks like it. It’s 1-1 in the 1872 Cup series so the 3rd game is the decider.

Post Reply