Team for the Defeat at Scaaaaaaaaaaalets

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Re: Team for the Defeat at Scaaaaaaaaaaalets

Post by Bart S »

How about we get Johann over for a few months to help out including with the review? We can send the Hond over to SA to look after his farm while he is here.

At least that way we shall get some use out of the Hond, other than as a safari tour guide for the SA away trips.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Don't send Herbst to look after his farm.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Dave wrote:Don't send Herbst to look after his farm.
Wise words Dave!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Spiffsson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:I've never been Big Stu's greatest fan, but yes he is better than many here will allow. Indeed in the early games, he was again showing that he can offload and do so well. He has scored 6 tries & has offloaded 20 times plus a good deal of other decent stats. Before this season he had only scored 7 tries in nearly 60 appearances so he is not the problem.

It's a problem for him being the main/only ball carrier in the team, that should be a load shared amongst a few forwards and by all means him, but if the load was shared it would allow him to do more than that primary task.

For me, over the season, he along with the Irish players plus Cooney, Gilroy & Timoney have been the players who can hold their head up over their contributions.

You know the way we are well stocked in the 2nd row? I wonder would London Spiderish swap us big Franco for Deysel?
I have been really impressed by Rob Lyttle - though he has been dogged by injury and has had very little game time. A real flying wing in the traditional sense with pace to burn and rugby intelligence. A tough wee bogger too. If he can stay fit he will go far.
Fair enough call Spiffer, I only excluded him on the grounds of too few appearances, but he is a player I have great hopes for ..... if he can stop getting broken so regularly, I think that is his biggest challenge. Has pace and talent and looks like a guy who is a genuinely class finisher.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Spiffsson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:I've never been Big Stu's greatest fan, but yes he is better than many here will allow. Indeed in the early games, he was again showing that he can offload and do so well. He has scored 6 tries & has offloaded 20 times plus a good deal of other decent stats. Before this season he had only scored 7 tries in nearly 60 appearances so he is not the problem.

It's a problem for him being the main/only ball carrier in the team, that should be a load shared amongst a few forwards and by all means him, but if the load was shared it would allow him to do more than that primary task.

For me, over the season, he along with the Irish players plus Cooney, Gilroy & Timoney have been the players who can hold their head up over their contributions.

You know the way we are well stocked in the 2nd row? I wonder would London Spiderish swap us big Franco for Deysel?
I have been really impressed by Rob Lyttle - though he has been dogged by injury and has had very little game time. A real flying wing in the traditional sense with pace to burn and rugby intelligence. A tough wee bogger too. If he can stay fit he will go far.
Fair enough call Spiffer, I only excluded him on the grounds of too few appearances, but he is a player I have great hopes for ..... if he can stop getting broken so regularly, I think that is his biggest challenge. Has pace and talent and looks like a guy who is a genuinely class finisher.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Apparently Weehand caused his local theatrical society's production of "The Lion King" to be cancelled when he arrived in the front row with a loaded shotgun.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Deraless wrote:
Apparently Weehand caused his local theatrical society's production of "The Lion King" to be cancelled when he arrived in the front row with a loaded shotgun.

It's like the time Rodney turned up to a local production of Chicken Run the musical with an empty bucket...
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Our first trip to Llanelli.

It would be easy to dismiss the place as a shithole. Even bathed in sunlight, it looked a bit rough around the edges. And in the middle.

But, to be fair, pretty much everyone we met was very friendly indeed (even some of them who knew I was a Lionel). We stayed in the big pub near the ground which was alright and served a nice pint and a nice big fry in the morning.

A couple of fine fellows in late middle-age, sort of Baggy types, took the time to have a word with us in the pub before the game. We all ended up back in there afterwards. I shared a bottle of red with Mrs Justin and then we went over to wish our new friends goodnight. They invited us to have a drink with them and I politely thanked them but explained we’d been on the go since 9am at the pub at Paddington. I added that we were going back to our room to lick our wounds. One of the ladies in the group asked “Is that what you call it in Ireland?”

BBL
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

justinr73 wrote:Our first trip to Llanelli.

It would be easy to dismiss the place as a shithole. Even bathed in sunlight, it looked a bit rough around the edges. And in the middle.

But, to be fair, pretty much everyone we met was very friendly indeed (even some of them who knew I was a Lionel). We stayed in the big pub near the ground which was alright and served a nice pint and a nice big fry in the morning.

A couple of fine fellows in late middle-age, sort of Baggy types, took the time to have a word with us in the pub before the game. We all ended up back in there afterwards. I shared a bottle of red with Mrs Justin and then we went over to wish our new friends goodnight. They invited us to have a drink with them and I politely thanked them but explained we’d been on the go since 9am at the pub at Paddington. I added that we were going back to our room to lick our wounds. One of the ladies in the group asked “Is that what you call it in Ireland?”

BBL
Gash