Team for the Defeat at Scaaaaaaaaaaalets

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Team for the Defeat at Scaaaaaaaaaaalets

Post by BR »

Bart S wrote:
BR wrote:
Bart S wrote:
BR wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:Are we still blaming Kiss
Yes.

That attack (I use the term loosley) had Kiss written all over it.

Is he still giving the half time team talks as well?
When things get stretched (and that was most of the game tonight) when we may expect a but if heads up rugby, the players return to playing the old systems. Hence after a phase or 2, and no breakthrough we kick the ball to them.

For the love of God, can someone explain to me why Cooney would take the ball from the back of a perfectly secure maul and box kick, other than that is what Kiss had him drilled to do?

But last week our defence had supposedly already improved post Kiss. I think tonight there was a lot less eivdence to show that.

Kiss was not the answer but what us very ckear is that our problems go a long way beyond him and blaming him for the mess we are in risks obscuring other problems.
There were signs of improvement last week. But they're reverting to type when the pressure is on. SOME of the defence tonight was a level above Kiss. The attack has a lot further to go though.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Liz Fraser wrote:This Scarlets side is a pile of pony.
What are you all so scared about?
We have a good side with good impact comparatively.
Tighten up ffs.
I can only apologise for the quality of this post.
I am both humbled and embarrassed by it.
Its sometimes hard to put my finger on why things just went wrong as my clarity of thought had been going well all week.
However I am going to go and analysise what exactly went wrong on Monday to ptoduce a post like that.
I feel I've not just let myself down but all the Ulster supporters who read that.
I've just got to draw a line under it and look forward to my next post which I simply have to improve upon as that's just not acceptable in my eyes.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Of course, I should have said that we won't be seeing most of those players again. Where we are is currently who we are, around about Treviso level.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Elizabeth out!
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Russ wrote:UR needs a long hard look at itself and what it means to play for them

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
All about the Ulster values.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Any one can play that good after 8 tins, 4 pints, 5 vodka, 2 g&t and some tequila. You abide by Ulster values you reap the rewards. Simples.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

I think UR means that you can watch that shambles with that amount of alcohol. Wrong there too. The second half was even worse than the first.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

We know we’ll not get anybody back next week from FIRFU duty and the sickbay to make a difference, but do Glasgow get their internationals back? If so next Friday is going to be brutal.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

BR wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:"]Are we still blaming Kiss

For the love of God, can someone explain to me why Cooney would take the ball from the back of a perfectly secure maul and box kick, other than that is what Kiss had him drilled to do?

Love a box kick that can’t be contested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
There's always a chance the opposition will misfield it. Let's face it that has been our 2nd most effective tactic for the last 3 years.[/quote][/quote]

That suggests we have 2 tactics. Have I been missing something? Unless, of course, you count the "knocking the ball on" one.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Gary wrote:

That suggests we have 2 tactics. Have I been missing something? Unless, of course, you count the "knocking the ball on" one.
No the other one is the standard U13 game plan. 'Give the ball to Charles*'

* Jacob, Luke, ... Delete as appropriate, depending on who is the player with the most individual flair in the current backline.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

We're not a team.
We depend on individuals to make something happen.
After one bruising game, we didn't have enough fuel in the tank to play another.

I might add, I didn't see one second of the game and my Red Curry in Try Thai in Manchester was tremendous and unbelievably, the standard of the Guinness served in the Premier Inn's bar would shame many a Belfast establishment.
I think I'll just use the delete button on the TiVo when I return..
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

You look at the academy and wonder whether the players are there to get us out of this hole? Because we've a shell of a squad. Some promising backrowers who could be something in a couple of years, a couple of locks where I'm not sure how they'll work out but time is on their side. We've no props other than O'Toole that seem likely to figure in our plans, and a couple of hookers, one of which in McBurney seems like the natural successor to Rory when he calls it a day.

In the backs, we've Stewart at 9 (could be a reasonable backup in a couple of seasons) and though some like Cairns I doubt he'll be figuring much down the line. 10 we have Lowry who though tremendously talented is a work in progress but we'll see how quickly he advances, Curtis is doing a good job at 12 for the u20s but I'm not sure how he is at 10, Hume of course is an excellent player who could be just the thing to sure up our suddenly lacking centre situation as a proper 13. Rory Butler I thought was an interesting prospect as a tremendously tall lad with good pace, but he's proven very injury prone and hasn't been too impressive in reports for the As.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I see O'Hagan was again the spare forward. Will he ever get an opportunity? McCall seems to be going backwards with every game. Warwick is AIL at best.

Also, Chris Henry appears to be the next former hero who is rapidly declining before our very eyes. We are in free fall.

Somebody help us.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

BR wrote:
Gary wrote:

* Jacob, Luke, ... Delete as appropriate, depending on who is the player with the most individual flair in the current backline.
Number 1 is surely give the ball to Stu. How will the opposition stop him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

kingofthehill wrote:
BR wrote:
Gary wrote:

Number 1 is surely give the ball to Stu. How will the opposition stop him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Our one and tested game plan give it to STU and let him bash up the middle.. in saying that I actually think there is more to his game but that somewhere after his first breakthrough season the offload was coached out of him. I have presumed since that he was simply playing like he was instructed and/or coached to play.. One dimensional YES but not all his fault.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU