Should Gibbs and Peel Go if:

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Should Gibbs and Peel Go if:

Post by Snipe Watson »

Gibbes steps into the first meeting and says, right we're going to implement every necessary change is a fortnight and bish bash bosh, we're good to go.
Likely?
No, he'd be a flamin idiot.
Changes need to be fed in over the rest of the season to leave us in a better position for next season.
This season is a write off, done and dusted, so just forget it. In fact it has been since the jackass 2 were suspended. All we can hope for is marginal improvements over the remaining games.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Snipe Watson wrote:Gibbes steps into the first meeting and says, right we're going to implement every necessary change is a fortnight and bish bash bosh, we're good to go.
Likely?
Changes need to be fed in over the rest of the season to leave us in a better position for next season.
This season is a write off, done and dusted, so just forget it. In fact it has been since the jackass 2 were suspended. All we can hope for is marginal improvements over the remaining games.
I'm guessing he is only identifying changes at the minute and other than the most glaringly obvious, nothing will be put in place until pre-season.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BR wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Gibbes steps into the first meeting and says, right we're going to implement every necessary change is a fortnight and bish bash bosh, we're good to go.
Likely?
I'm guessing he is only identifying changes at the minute and other than the most glaringly obvious, nothing will be put in place until pre-season.
Somebody has told them to be much more aggressive in the tackle. Hitting harder and lower with fewer soak tackles. Possibly Jared?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BR wrote:
Likely?
Somebody has told them to be much more aggressive in the tackle. Hitting harder and lower with fewer soak tackles. Possibly Jared?
Yes and the forwards are operating slightly differently at times, but they get lost and have to revert to what they've been trained to do for the last 3 years. Understandable.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

BR wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
BR wrote:
Likely?
Yes and the forwards are operating slightly differently at times, but they get lost and have to revert to what they've been trained to do for the last 3 years. Understandable.
Who has been coaching the forwards this year then? If the answer is Kiss then what has Gibbes been doing? On the same basis (ie Kiss has been doing it all) then Why get rid of Clarke.

I am all for giving him a fair chance, but a few tough stares and telling it like it is does not obscure the fact that he has presided over a regression in our pack this season. He has more to prove now than when he arrived.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I hear he promised world domination by seasons end

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Jackie Brown wrote:I hear he promised world domination by seasons end

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Those magic words will ensure UR keep him on for life..
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

I actually ran into Gibbes at the Leinster v Scarlets match in the RDS last week.

I am not going to quote the guy verbatim publicly on here, but there is certainly no delusion on his behalf with regards to the state of Ulster right now.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Bart S wrote: Who has been coaching the forwards this year then? If the answer is Kiss then what has Gibbes been doing? On the same basis (ie Kiss has been doing it all) then Why get rid of Clarke.

I am all for giving him a fair chance, but a few tough stares and telling it like it is does not obscure the fact that he has presided over a regression in our pack this season. He has more to prove now than when he arrived.
DOR determines tactics and Gibbes coaches players on how to carry out DOR instructions.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Thankfully right minded people aren’t expecting miracles from him.

Would like to think we’ve hit rock bottom and moving in the right direction.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

thecrouch wrote:I actually ran into Gibbes at the Leinster v Scarlets match in the RDS last week.

I am not going to quote the guy verbatim publicly on here, but there is certainly no delusion on his behalf with regards to the state of Ulster right now.
Crouchie, are you a PSNI detective?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BR wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
BR wrote:
Likely?
Yup, that's why it takes time to change the way a team plays. Players are required to make decisions in a fraction of a second, no thinking time, like everyone revert to default as they tire and pressure builds. Reprogramming is done over several months, not weeks.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:
thecrouch wrote:I actually ran into Gibbes at the Leinster v Scarlets match in the RDS last week.

>appl :lol: very good Dave.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Dave wrote:

I don't get the joke Dave. >EF
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

thecrouch wrote:
Dave wrote:

I don't get the joke Dave. >EF
A detective in a particularly high profile case didn't cover himself in glory recently with his gathering, recording and reporting of witness testimony.