Should Gibbs and Peel Go if:

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Polly Cotton
Novice

Should Gibbs and Peel Go if:

Post by Polly Cotton »

We don't win a game since Les Kiss left.

Gibbs was the forwards coach this season and has not impressed, we have gone backwards as a pack since Clarke left.

Peel was and is the backs coach, so what has been his input, and why should he stay.

Malone, what exactly is his job

If we lose to Glasgow at home then we don't even deserve to be in the Challange Cup. MCCrea Cup would be hard enough.
You may know my sister, Dot
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Should Gibbs and Peel Go if:

Post by Dave »

Go and give your head a wobble.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Polly Cotton
Novice

Post by Polly Cotton »

Dave wrote:Go and give your head a wobble.
So if there is no improvement you accept that. I don't
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It will be like a merry go round
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Polly Cotton wrote:
A new man at the helm needs to get a bit of latitude. If he is turfed out because of his coaching of the forwards all year, so be it. However if Kiss is carrying the can for the whole shambles of a season and I think he should, Jonno should be given until around Christmas to show his stuff with at least one more assistant.
However I suspect we'll see a new DOR before preseason. Someone like Stuart Lancaster.
Polly Cotton
Novice

Post by Polly Cotton »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Polly Cotton wrote:
A new man at the helm needs to get a bit of latitude. If he is turfed out because of his coaching of the forwards all year, so be it. However if Kiss is carrying the can for the whole shambles of a season and I think he should, Jonno should be given until around Christmas to show his stuff with at least one more assistant.
However I suspect we'll see a new DOR before preseason. Someone like Stuart Lancaster.
From what I watched on Saturday night Gibbs is just following what he learnt from Kiss, Kiss was lambasted for not having any experience as Head Coach/DOR, So glad then that Gibbs has experience as Head Coach, oh that's right he has not, he only had the title to get out of a contract. But let's waste more time.

on another issue, where has the CEO gone?
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Gibbes has been up front about not wanting to be the head honcho.

C-E-No more like...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Polly Cotton wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Polly Cotton wrote:
From what I watched on Saturday night Gibbs is just following what he learnt from Kiss, Kiss was lambasted for not having any experience as Head Coach/DOR, So glad then that Gibbs has experience as Head Coach, oh that's right he has not, he only had the title to get out of a contract. But let's waste more time.

Funny I can see a lot of changes in the way they are playing, especially in defence. A team playing new patterns is always going to struggle late on in games and that's what we're seeing.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

yes.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Polly Cotton wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Polly Cotton wrote:

Funny I can see a lot of changes in the way they are playing, especially in defence. A team playing new patterns is always going to struggle late on in games and that's what we're seeing.
Totally disagree, Llanelli played a very simple game and they broke us down by repeatatly doing the say thing over and over, the passed with speed, ruck, pass to big runner at middle of park then bumped it out again.simple rugby and we struggled. Even Methody could have read that ffs.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Les’ teams managed not to lose at home to Edinburgh and not to capitulate at Parc y Scarlets.

He also looked like he gave a brad pitt when interviewed, albeit some of you found him difficult to follow.

Maybe we were on course to make the top 3 because of Les, not in spite of him.

BBL
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Totally disagree, Llanelli played a very simple game and they broke us down by repeatatly doing the say thing over and over, the passed with speed, ruck, pass to big runner at middle of park then bumped it out again.simple rugby and we struggled. Even Methody could have read that ffs.
Yes, they played simple rugby and broke us down, but that doesn't negate what I posted. We're going to be decent at times and inept at others. But sure isn't variety of opinion a lovely thing to behold?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Polly Cotton wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Polly Cotton wrote:

We struggled for 50% of the game on Saturday.

Anyway, i am in 2 minds about this. Whilst some people may think it was all Kiss’s fault i don’t believe that Gibbes and Peel were completely sidelined and they must take some responsibility for what has happened so far this season. A worrying number of our forwards have regressed and I agree with Polly that our pack was actually better under Clarke. Now there may be some good reasons as to why, but the forwards have been unbelievably disappointing this season. Still, Gibbes is proven as a forwards coach and that is important.

Peel has more talent to work with in the backs, but when you only get 20% or whatever of the ball and the opposition know you don’t have the personnel to punch holes up front and suck in defenders, then things can become predictable.

I guess it depends on what else we have or are getting to boost the experience level within the coaching set up.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

It all comes back to the fact that the whole damn set up needs to be looked at.

If things go horribly wrong for the rest of the season or there looks like no overhaul, then i would not be surprised to see Gibbes at least leave at the end of the season.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Bart, even Russ would be a great forwards coach with the right players, sometimes you get caught out when you have to actually coach .