Gibbes Waikato bound - confirmed

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Soda
Novice

Re: Gibbes Waikato bound - confirmed

Post by Soda »

what a complete and utter feck kunt of an excuse for a human being
hope the karma police get him
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Looks like he will be finished up with Waikato and in place at LAR before we have our head coach.

FS
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

FOJG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

They are all Kuntz... EVERYONE.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Should surprise no one

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Jackie Brown wrote:Should surprise no one

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gibbes, you are a low life, lying toe rag and any club looking for a coach in a few years time, will hopefully look at the way you lied out of your Ulster contract before they give you an interview. Lying of the lowest order. His word ain't worth sh1t.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Really not that bothered, if his heart wasn't in UR then who cares if he has got a new job? As for UR, maybe it is time we develop an environment that coaches love being in i.e. an academy producing top notch home grown players, competent staff at all levels attracting top quality NIQs and winning things.
GLENN CORNICK
Squire

Post by GLENN CORNICK »

So much for the straight talking, honest as the day is long Kiwi.

You may be a hard nut Jonno but you are a gutless tube too.
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

This obviously doesn't look the best, but I don't know enough about what was or wasn't the family emergency with respect to JG and how that might have changed in the last six months to utterly condemn the man. Playing devils advocate it might also be fair to say things might not have been quite as they were sold to him when he came to Ulster and his job description quickly morphed into something he hadn't originally signed up for.

Regardless of the circumstances surrounding his departure he clearly didn't want to be here and thus it's for the best he's gone. Family emergency or otherwise if his heart isn't in the job Ulster would have been foolish to want him to stay.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Ah come on. Give the guy a break. Jonno has been straight down the line with everyone regarding contracts, just like he was in his playing days....https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/a ... d=10400206
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Bart S wrote:Ah come on. Give the guy a break. Jonno has been straight down the line with everyone regarding contracts, just like he was in his playing days....https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/a ... d=10400206
The man is clearly a classless cornerboy.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

MightyRearranger wrote:This obviously doesn't look the best, but I don't know enough about what was or wasn't the family emergency with respect to JG and how that might have changed in the last six months to utterly condemn the man. Playing devils advocate it might also be fair to say things might not have been quite as they were sold to him when he came to Ulster and his job description quickly morphed into something he hadn't originally signed up for.

Regardless of the circumstances surrounding his departure he clearly didn't want to be here and thus it's for the best he's gone. Family emergency or otherwise if his heart isn't in the job Ulster would have been foolish to want him to stay.
He apparently was uncomfortable with the head coach tag but he has now agreed to be director of rugby at LAR.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Compensation event for Ulster Rugby / IRFU.

Early release from contract for compassionate reasons.... then signs contract with La Rochelle.

Hopefully compo that can be used to get McFarland a little earlier.

Don't blame Jonno for worming out of Ulster contract. Ulster behind the scenes at management level was/is toxic. #loganout
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

As I said before Gibbes made it apparent before he came to Ulster that any long term commitment here might depend on his return visit to NZ at Xmas time and agreement for that trip was seemingly factored into him coming here... So UR knew that there was a chance that come Xmas he might have problems staying yet they willingly entered into a contract seemingly lacking in any get out option/clauses which I have no doubt a more sensible club might have considered... sometimes you get what you pay for..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cockatrice wrote:As I said before Gibbes made it apparent before he came to Ulster that any long term commitment here might depend on his return visit to NZ at Xmas time and agreement for that trip was seemingly factored into him coming here... So UR knew that there was a chance that come Xmas he might have problems staying yet they willingly entered into a contract seemingly lacking in any get out option/clauses which I have no doubt a more sensible club might have considered... sometimes you get what you pay for..
What do you mean - lack of get out clauses?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk