Bryn Live Blog

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Ulster71
Novice

Re: Bryn Live Blog

Post by Ulster71 »

Agree with Muscles re governance esp the Management Committee. About 18 months ago I overheard a conversation which didnt really surprise me but gist was that Watson & Logan made all decisions , committee was in name only. However with Terrington now involved ( his day job warrants honesty & integrity) & others with a decent business brain maybe URFC will be able to manage the current situation . Bryn has my backing atm but in my view the CEO must go now ; as failure to do so will only bring long term problems .
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

So one poster says Bryn is not a puppet and another poster says committees are nothing and it is only Logan and Watson who pull all the strings....

As previous the IRFU have Logan as their man on the committees for governance....

Also the previous PMC Chairman had no less integrity and business acumen than the current ... so nothing has changed with that.

as for PWC..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busin ... 6.html?amp

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news ... 06745.html

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... misled-mps
Last edited by Cockatrice on Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jackie Brown wrote:No Logan? Haha, he's got a brass neck.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Yip Jackie, he has the following:

A brass neck with a lump in the throat when recalling his days as a trained killer in the Marines. Maybe it's just an undiagnosed but very noticeable goitre.
He has fingers of fudge, just enough to give the kids a treat. Some of those fingers have been in many pies, loves a pie doth Terry.
It appears he currently has egg on his face.
He has recently developed foot in mouth disease.
He has his heart in the right place but is handicapped by that scrotum hampering his vision.
He regards the two young gentlemen a pain in the neck ............ still think it's the goitre.
He claims to have Ulster's best interests at heart, but has never been caught red-handed cos HWM won't lend him his bake paint.
I'd love to pick his brain, but I suspect mine is in better order, anyway, where would you look his head or his backside?
He may have a skeleton in the cupboard but is searching for a backbone.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Oh yes, you'll be getting bored by now Kanbei, but thanks for the report. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
muscles
Novice

Post by muscles »

As Bryn has confirmed that the IRFU has final say on key corporate decisions, good governance requires them to be represented by their own senior officials on Management Committee. Local management can find themselves in a no win situation when they have to manage consequences of bad decisions without direct governance interaction e.g. Les appointed Head Coach but was unable to carry out role of Head Coach effectively & disastrous indecisiveness resulted.

This does not excuse Logan’s failure to lead clearly which has been fully exposed in last few months when ‘the sh1t hit the fan’.

The discredited ‘communication’ policy of Ulster Rugby has led to the media now seeking retribution on Logan. The irony!
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Thanks Sparky.

Have just got to the bit where Bryn says that the days are long gone of signing players on the back of a highlights reel.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t7i5qRar504
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Doesn't show the bit where one of us walked out.

Doesn't show any of the bits where Logan's name came up.

How could this be? Those were the highlights.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

I wonder how much sabermetrics has took hold in rugby so far?
muscles
Novice

Post by muscles »

The Tuesday meeting seems to have been exclusively selected. Thursday one in previous week would have been hard to edit given the constant background flack was constant throughout the Q&A session.

Propaganda 2
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

It's mostly Thursday.
muscles
Novice

Post by muscles »

Just shows you how carefully it was edited then, including sound!
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Did I pick up that the review is because we have come to the end of the current 5 year strategy and simply undertaking a new one.... I had for some reason picked up the review being touted as an emergency due to Kiss and Gibbes going so close on top of the bad on field performances..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:Did I pick up that the review is because we have come to the end of the current 5 year strategy and simply undertaking a new one.... I had for some reason picked up the review being touted as an emergency due to Kiss and Gibbes going so close on top of the bad on field performances..
That's what we were assuming on Thursday evening too, but it's the business model that is being reviewed. Not the branch structures as they are determined by D4 and are common to all 4 provinces. The rugby coaching side will be sorted as Bryn lays out on the video.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Have to say I'm losing the will to live, almost as much bullshit flying around as in a certain trial.

And for that reason.............................................. I no longer give a flying fu'ck.

Apropos of feck all, I heard Kerry McClean playing the Cranberries and the Corrs back to back this afternoon. Made me think, I'd love to shag the Corrs, every last one of them, and since I'm as gay as next man, bend over Jim. What a good looking family, yeah they are now in their 40s but feck it, their just weans to me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: