Bryn Live Blog

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Bryn Live Blog

Post by Snipe Watson »

It was a thankless task for Bryn who was as honest as he could be. He accentuated any few positives he could find going forward and acknowledged that there are a lot of things wrong.

It was a bit of a bear pit at times with Logan the target. He's a spineless git who sent Fiona Hampton out to answer his questions and take the flak. Bryn and Fiona couldn't really say anything and it was noticeable that they offered no excuses or mitigation for him, but the crowd made it entirely clear that he was the man responsible and he should have been there.

A few points:
Squad is to be pared down with "deadwood" being pruned out.
Squad lacks depth :shock: No SS
There will be greater emphasis on the academy.
The management structure is set in stone from D4. the same Muppets will be still running the ship.
D4 will have a lot of say in the appointment of the new head coach (they pay his wages)

Absolute highlight of the night was the one man walkout protest by a notorious uafc poster. "It's like North Korea!" top quality strop.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

What about Jesus? Did they play by the Ulster values? Any word on urinal sponsorship for next season?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Name name snipe
richardt84
Novice

Post by richardt84 »

Bryn’s overview that started the night was honest and didn’t try to paper over any cracks. Referred to the squad and said there are 5 parts that make up the squad and referred to 4 in detail.
Over 30’s - These are the sort of guys you need in tough away games but we only have Rory Best in this category who is in our 23. He said unfortunately no one else who is over 30 is a regular part of the 23.
26-30 - There is a gap in the squad within this category. Injuries prevented a couple from making it while others e.g. Tommy Seymour are playing elsewhere.
NIQs - ‘disappointing’ was the word used. We need three top class players and while Charles has been brilliant we have been unlucky with Marcell. Didn’t mention Hond and Deysel in detail at this point but they were referred to later. Suggested that Hond was scouted exclusively on his Lions career as he was ineligible for Montpellier and after that Kings was only club available to him. Apparently he was part of a Lions scrum that dominated Super Rugby teams and that was the motivation for signing him. Injured at moment but knows he has to bring more.
Deysel wasn’t allowed by IRFU to remain with Munster who wanted to keep him. Idea was for him to bring 50 minutes of physicality to games which would provide younger players with chance to get game time. Like Hond knows more is expected.
Academy - plenty of players coming through and wants to see players with rugby brains coming through and cited Lowry as an example of this.
Referred to Ludik as everything he wants to see in an overseas signing and would have him in the team every week.

Night took a turn for the worse with questions and the claim that this night was scheduled 7 months ago with Logan not attending because they listened to fans and we want to know what’s happening on the pitch. Bryan generally very good and was honest throughout.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Couldn't possibly Ger.

Oh aye. There's going to be a video posted on Tuesday evening.
Last edited by Snipe Watson on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Snipe Watson wrote:Couldn't possibly Ger.
For the record , I was not there.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Any scathing remarks about Logan stand out? Love a good bitch.

Thanks for the writeups.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

What about the Olly's two? Anyone ask if they were found innocent would they be here next season?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Snipe Watson wrote:Couldn't possibly Ger.

Oh aye. There's going to be a video posted on Tuesday evening.
Snipe, I value your posts. Did Bryn seem embarrassed at all about Logan
richardt84
Novice

Post by richardt84 »

damianmcr wrote:Any scathing remarks about Logan stand out? Love a good bitch.

Thanks for the writeups.
‘He promised us the best team in the world, 9 years later we probably aren’t even the best team in Ulster’ ImageImageImage

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:It was a thankless task for Bryn who was as honest as he could be. He accentuated any few positives he could find going forward and acknowledged that there are a lot of things wrong.

It was a bit of a bear pit at times with Logan the target. He's a spineless git who sent Fiona Hampton out to answer his questions and take the flak. Bryn and Fiona couldn't really say anything and it was noticeable that they offered no excuses or mitigation for him, but the crowd made it entirely clear that he was the man responsible and he should have been there.

A few points:
Squad is to be pared down with "deadwood" being pruned out.
Squad lacks depth :shock: No SS
There will be greater emphasis on the academy.
The management structure is set in stone from D4. the same Muppets will be still running the ship.
D4 will have a lot of say in the appointment of the new head coach (they pay his wages)

Absolute highlight of the night was the one man walkout protest by a notorious uafc poster. "It's like North Korea!" top quality strop.
Name him

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

richardt84 wrote:

Thanks for the writeups.
‘He promised us the best team in the world, 9 years later we probably aren’t even the best team in Ulster’ ImageImageImage

Fantastic :lol:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Thanks for the writeups.
Only Logan comment was that he should have been there, but it was made 20+ times.

The fact of the matter is worse than that. Not only was he not man enough to take his own lumps, but he sent Fiona to field the brick bats. A shameful moment, in my view, a lower point than having the organisation 8 years into his 5 year plan or any of the other crap.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

richardt84 wrote:

Thanks for the writeups.

That was the second best moment! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Up The Bann

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk