Jim Mallinder - thoughts?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Loki
Warrior Assassin

Jim Mallinder - thoughts?

Post by Loki »

I know this came up in one of the recent UR/ Bellylaugh podcasts so apologies if it's been discussed ad nauseum already, I can't really be holed checking.

from Kanbei's report on Bryn:
Kanbei wrote:Criteria they are looking for is for someone who can rebuild the culture of Ulster as Bryn feels there has been a loss of identity in recent years. Wants someone to be direct and clear with experience of bringing through young players. They don't w.ant someone to come in and demand to get everything they want now with lots of foreign players because that will be detrimental to the future.
Northampton have long been seen as one of the classic English teams with a proper rugby culture, of which Mallinder was a big part. A la Cockerill, who's revitalized Edinburgh to remarkable effect, he seems straight to the point of bluntness. The lack of foreign signings may be an issue, who knows.

he's recently pulled out of talks with Cardiff so is broadly available (unless the Cardiff rejection was based on an offer from another English side).

As we're only marginally better than Cardiff at the moment, I put it you all that he'd be a good candidate and better than a lot of what we'll see in the applicants pile. Thoughts?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: Jim Mallinder - thoughts?

Post by Kofi Annan »

No
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Wise up
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

That's that then - to be announced at the end of the season! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Finished
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

[quote="Rooster"]Wise up[/quote

Rooster.. wise up kofi or wise up to Malander..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:
Rooster wrote:Wise up[/quote

Rooster.. wise up kofi or wise up to Malander..
And Loki ImageImageImage
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

No thanks when you can defend Hartley and Clarke after what they have done I'd rather Ulster stayed clear
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

glad I didn't ask for a poll :lol:

I wouldn't have been too fussed on Cockerill a year ago, and I'm not suggesting Mallinder as ideal. I still think he should be in there as an option, mind: it's a fallow period, and I don't share the opinion that the head honcho has to be from Ulster. I'd have little compunction in giving Mallinder or someone like him a run.

we're consistently a mixture of too nice and accountable to no one. Maybe ECT therapy is our best option...
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

If you are going down the Cockerill or Malinder route it would be Dean Richards for me.

Big Dean is a twunt, but if with Ulster he'd be our twunt which makes him likeable.

Doing well at Newcastle.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Mallinder out
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?