Rory Best

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Rory Best

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Rooster wrote:I still smirk every time I think of the night at a dinner when Keith Wood said he would never be good enough to be an International hookerImageImageImage
Whoz that Roaster? thon ballix off Celebrity Juice?
Celebrity Juice Snipe? WTF is that, sounds dodgy in the current climate.

As for Keith Wood, I wish he would take Lionel citizenship, he's a Lionel Lickspittle.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I found it hard to locate a feck about the 6N.... But i watched today and i yelled.

Rory is NOT A coach killer. Rory bleeds Ulster, he bleeds his family and he bleeds decency. Delighted for him. For a guy who cant hit a barn door with a banjo i hope he enjoys his time in the sun..... Though i suspect hed trade a lot of his accolades for some Ulster silverware. There's a lot of arsehats, pundits, ceos, coaches, dicks and top w*nkers who have let him down.

Enjoy every second, totally deserved.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Rooster wrote:I still smirk every time I think of the night at a dinner when Keith Wood said he would never be good enough to be an International hookerImageImageImage
Sean Cronin has more caps than Wood.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Keith Wood has been thoroughly eclipsed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote:
Sean Cronin has more caps than Wood.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bogbunny
Initiate

Post by Bogbunny »

Keith Wood Irish legend.

Whilst arguably a better rugby player than Rory, Wood is an inferior hooker and a poorer captain.
Respect

A cavalier among pork swordsmen.
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Rory will be difficult to replace, sure you may find a better number 2, but he has that leadership where folks just follow.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

tigerburnie wrote:Rory will be difficult to replace, sure you may find a better number 2, but he has that leadership where folks just follow.
Correct TB, but that hasn't stopped some moonhowlers here stating with utter conviction that he is a rubbish captain. As my ould Grandpa used to say: paper never refuses ink.

I loved him tanking Hartley in that scrum, before the cheapshot merchant popped up like a jack-in-the-bax. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've always referred to Andrew Trimble as the Greatest Living Ulsterman mainly for his fighting spirit, but how then does Rory rate? No less a man, it's a tricky conundrum. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Rory as Capt of Ireland suits because the Irish pack is full of leaders and motivators . Therefore his laid back approach is less likely to get up a refs nose .
Having served time under Johann Muller he knows the drill and what to say .
My feeling with BoD as Capt there BoDites and then there were others and without the nod from BoD the god things could be difficult if you failed to dance to his tune .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Rory as Capt of Ireland suits because the Irish pack is full of leaders and motivators . Therefore his laid back approach is less likely to get up a refs nose .
Having served time under Johann Muller he knows the drill and what to say .
My feeling with BoD as Capt there BoDites and then there were others and without the nod from BoD the god things could be difficult if you failed to dance to his tune .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ron'n, you should enter Masterchef, the above is a magnificent Shyte Pudding with cream on top.

BoDites, do you mean Beaux Diddies?

I'm not sure but you appear to be suggesting that BOD makes things difficult for God.