Jacob Stockdale

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Jacob Stockdale

Post by Dave »

I might be getting ahead of myself but I think he's not bad. Discuss....
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Jacob Stockdale

Post by Dave »

shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Dave wrote:Image
Excellent

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

I remember his first few appearances for Ulster. Bit of white line fever, a bit hesitant under the high ball. Then he went off with the U20s in the summer and the improvement after was phenomenal. Probably confidence as much as anything. To kick on again the following season is even more impressive. He's going to be handy enough when he's the finished article.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

God that try was a wonderful mix of jamminess and skill, from the lovely weighted kick to it bouncing in just the right way, managing to not touch it with his hands when he was initially going to pick it up, and then the extended goal area which the English commentator had been bigging up as a tactical decision by England. I couldn't stop laughing when it happened.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:I remember his first few appearances for Ulster. Bit of white line fever, a bit hesitant under the high ball. Then he went off with the U20s in the summer and the improvement after was phenomenal. Probably confidence as much as anything. To kick on again the following season is even more impressive. He's going to be handy enough when he's the finished article.
Also the work with the S&C coaches has to be praised. They turned him into a flying machine. Give them a pay rise or at least cover their expenses.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Credit also need to go to Charles Piutau who has taken Jacob under his wing.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rodney took KFC under his wing.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

And we all know how that went.

OxO’s improvement will be the one positive from Charley’s time here.
I remember one home game early this season, when OxO was making great runs down the wing and the old boy who sits behind me in the stand leaned over, grabbed my shoulder and asked me ‘Who’s thon big lawd out on our wing’ when I told him it’s young Stockdale, the old boy grinned and said ‘I wish his mother had another 14 of him’
OxO and Cooney have been the only bright spots in another shyte season.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Tender wrote:And we all know how that went.

OxO’s improvement will be the one positive from Charley’s time here.
I remember one home game early this season, when OxO was making great runs down the wing and the old boy who sits behind me in the stand leaned over, grabbed my shoulder and asked me ‘Who’s thon big lawd out on our wing’ when I told him it’s young Stockdale, the old boy grinned and said ‘I wish his mother had another 14 of him’
OxO and Cooney have been the only bright spots in another shyte season.
FFFFS Tender, credit to Bad Back Black, Prop of the Season.......................outside The Pale.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Have to say I am not fouttered about the extra deadball space, there should have been a straightforward penalty try had he not touched down, however from the point of view of personal glory to see him march through May was nice. Brilliant pass off the ground from Murray but what is very noticeable, and instructive for those who thought the big lad was a carthorse, that he is, in fact, resembling a horse only in the form or a Ferarri or a Ford Mustang as it is how quickly he is into top speed, he is remarkably quick in getting into top gear, check out the try again and see the obvious.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Seem to recall a few people on here saying we should have let him go and kept Scholes a couple of seasons ago.

Whether by luck or skill UR got that one right!

Really pleased for the lad. Of course there will be ups and downs and he’ll be targetted in future but really good to see him doing so well.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Bart S wrote:Seem to recall a few people on here saying we should have let him go and kept Scholes a couple of seasons ago.

Whether by luck or skill UR got that one right!

Really pleased for the lad. Of course there will be ups and downs and he’ll be targetted in future but really good to see him doing so well.
You are no doubt correct Bart. The burden of expectation some ejits place on youngsters coming through is crazy and they were writing him off.
Jacob indeed looked like a rabbit in the headlights for his first few games. Long arm tackles, bad positioning and the rest. thankfully it didn't go to the public vote. Clearly somebody who knew more than us saw the potential.

I still wouldn't put too much expectation on him. Despite his fantastic showing this season.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

He absolutely skinned that ganch Brown. Most pleasing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Spot on Snipe.... He was smart enough to get on Charlie's wavelength and that almost makes CP worth the investment. But i confess i had my diubts about cube... But by heavens he has pressed on to great things.

Good skills and street smarts take you a long way in this game.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"