Best and Henderson

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Best and Henderson

Post by Rooster »

And by the way Henderson has signed.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Bart S wrote:
Rooster wrote:
British Lions duo Rory Best and Iain Henderson have agreed new contract extensions with Irish Rugby. Ireland captain, Best, who led the side to a Grand Slam success in the 2018 Six Nations Championship and has agreed an IRFU extension to the end of the 2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan. Henderson ended speculation that he may move to England or France by agreeing a new extension deal until the summer of 2020. Best who took over the Ireland captaincy ahead of the 2016 6 Nations Championship has won 111 caps for his country making him Ireland’s 3rd most capped player. Under his stewardship Ireland recorded their first win over the Springbok on South African soil as well as recording a first ever victory over New Zealand in Chicago in November 2016. At the weekend Best secured a fourth 6 Nations title and second Grand Slam title having played in the successful 2009, 2014, 2015 and 2018 campaigns. He made his international debut against New Zealand in 2005 and has scored 9 international tries and toured with the British and Irish Lions in 2013 and 2017. Best made his senior debut for Ulster against Munster in November 2004 and has represented his Province 204 times, scoring 21 tries. IRFU, Performance Director, David Nucifora, said: “Rory has been an outstanding leader for Ireland and continues to produce stand-out performances at the highest level of the game. He is an important member of the Ireland leadership group and we are delighted that he will continue to play a central role in Irish Rugby.” Commenting on his contract extension, Best said: “I am in a very privileged position as captain of Ireland and Ulster to be involved with two groups of incredibly talented players. I feel I can continue to make a contribution to both Ireland and Ulster Rugby and am delighted to have extended my IRFU contract to the next World Cup. Support of family, friends and supporters is a hugely important element for any professional sportsperson and I would like to thank everyone for their support but specifically my wife Jodie who has been incredible and has ensured that as a family we have been able to share in all the great memories of the last few years.” Bryn Cunningham, Operations Director at Ulster Rugby, added: "Rory will go down as one of the most successful Ireland captains in history. To have that sort of leadership and experience in our squad, both on and off the pitch, is critical. We are a squad in transition and Rory will provide that stability and assuredness, while being a role model to our young players coming through, showing what it means to play for Ulster and the high standards we expect from all."
Read more at: https://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport/rugb ... -1-8422889

British Lions.... :roll:
Who's the last Ulster player to actually make the lions test team? Jeremy Davidson?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Think so as Tommy was away when he played.

Hendy, Best, Payne, T-Bone and Tom Court have all played for the B&I Lions since then. May be missing other ulstermen who have?
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

big mervyn wrote:
Bart S wrote:
Rooster wrote:
British Lions duo Rory Best and Iain Henderson have agreed new contract extensions with Irish Rugby. Ireland captain, Best, who led the side to a Grand Slam success in the 2018 Six Nations Championship and has agreed an IRFU extension to the end of the 2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan. Henderson ended speculation that he may move to England or France by agreeing a new extension deal until the summer of 2020. Best who took over the Ireland captaincy ahead of the 2016 6 Nations Championship has won 111 caps for his country making him Ireland’s 3rd most capped player. Under his stewardship Ireland recorded their first win over the Springbok on South African soil as well as recording a first ever victory over New Zealand in Chicago in November 2016. At the weekend Best secured a fourth 6 Nations title and second Grand Slam title having played in the successful 2009, 2014, 2015 and 2018 campaigns. He made his international debut against New Zealand in 2005 and has scored 9 international tries and toured with the British and Irish Lions in 2013 and 2017. Best made his senior debut for Ulster against Munster in November 2004 and has represented his Province 204 times, scoring 21 tries. IRFU, Performance Director, David Nucifora, said: “Rory has been an outstanding leader for Ireland and continues to produce stand-out performances at the highest level of the game. He is an important member of the Ireland leadership group and we are delighted that he will continue to play a central role in Irish Rugby.” Commenting on his contract extension, Best said: “I am in a very privileged position as captain of Ireland and Ulster to be involved with two groups of incredibly talented players. I feel I can continue to make a contribution to both Ireland and Ulster Rugby and am delighted to have extended my IRFU contract to the next World Cup. Support of family, friends and supporters is a hugely important element for any professional sportsperson and I would like to thank everyone for their support but specifically my wife Jodie who has been incredible and has ensured that as a family we have been able to share in all the great memories of the last few years.” Bryn Cunningham, Operations Director at Ulster Rugby, added: "Rory will go down as one of the most successful Ireland captains in history. To have that sort of leadership and experience in our squad, both on and off the pitch, is critical. We are a squad in transition and Rory will provide that stability and assuredness, while being a role model to our young players coming through, showing what it means to play for Ulster and the high standards we expect from all."
Read more at: https://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport/rugb ... -1-8422889

British Lions.... :roll:
Who's the last Ulster player to actually make the lions test team? Jeremy Davidson?
Depending on how you define that question it would be Bowe in 09, though he wasn't an Ulster player then
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I'm pretty sure who the next one will be.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

justinr73 wrote:I'm pretty sure who the next one will be.
Jackson
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

As an aside I see Ulster have not signed Kyle Godwin, Connacht have.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:Just 2 years for your best second row ...
If Rory plays every test he doesnt surpass BoD. He'll be ecstatic

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I hope all BOD's records are erased from the history books.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

ColinM wrote:
justinr73 wrote:I'm pretty sure who the next one will be.
Jackson
Reddit seem to be coming round to the idea of having PJ back in at 22
Carberry no longer second cumming

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

3 year deal for Hendy then.

Good stuff.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

One more year for super rab too.
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

justinr73 wrote:3 year deal for Hendy then.

Good stuff.
Is it not 2020 , so 2 years?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bye wabs
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

And confirmed by the IRFU.....

More great news: @HendersonIain Signs IRFU contract extension.

Grand Slam winner and winner of the 2014 & 2015 Championships.

#TeamOfUs #ShoulderToShoulder
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Eggs wrote:
justinr73 wrote:3 year deal for Hendy then.

Good stuff.
Is it not 2020 , so 2 years?
Just saw, 2021, great result!! About time we had some good news!