An Historic Landmark

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

An Historic Landmark

Post by BaggyTrousers »

This morning I think we should all salute our former leader, Mr Les Kiss, his part in the historic record set by Ulster on Saturday in Cardiff should not be forgotten, credit where it's due.

On Saturday, Cardiff scored their 4th try when Ulster couldn't gather a restart & the TBP try became inevitable. It was the 69th try conceded by Ulster this season in 23 games, beating last season's all-time worst defensive performance from an Ulster team, which totalled 66 tries in 28 games.

Cardiff's first try equalled the grimmest stat in Ulster history, the 2nd set a new mark & 3 & 4 copperfastened the new record.

I fear that in the next 4 games, Embra A, Ospreys H, Weegies H & Munster A, we could see this record-breaking team top the 80 tries conceded mark.

I do wonder if anyone in the coaching set-up in charge of defence or have we just acknowledged that we don't have a defence.

It reminds me of Tom Waites's classic song "Eggs & Sausage" and in particular the opening monologue:
I was always eh, kinda want to like consider myself kind of a pioneer of the palette
A restaurateur if you will
I've wined, dined, sipped and supped in some of the most demonstrably beamer
Epitomable bistros in the Los Angles metropolitan region
Yeah, I've had strange looking patty melts at Norms
I've had dangerous veal cutlets at the Copper Penny
Well what you get is a breaded salsbury steak in a shake-n-bake
And topped with a provocative sauce of Velveeta and uh, half-n-half
Smothered with Campbell's tomato soup
See I have kinda of a uh...well I order my veal cutlet
Christ it left the plate and it walked down to the end of the counter
Waitress, ? she's wearing those rhinestone glasses with the little pearl thing clipped on the sweater
My veal cutlet come down, tried to beat the sh1t out of my cup of coffee
Coffee just wasn't strong enough to defend itself
I submit to the class that Ulster's defence is like Tom's cup of coffee. :duh: :duh: :duh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDo1617aXX4
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Re: An Historic Landmark

Post by mid ulster maestro »

As if we weren't depressed enough!
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

FOLK
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

It looks like Les embarked on this season with a view to encouraging attacking and enterprising rugby. Ideally, it would have been by Ulster but that's just splitting hairs.

However, I put it to those of you that only attend the home games that you’ve got little to whinge about having witnessed, under Les, just the one defeat (to the best side in the league), wins over the likes of Munster and La Rochelle, a few crickets scores (almost exactly given the first innings in Auckland the other day) and two packs of Lionels, being sent, well, packing.

The away support, on the other hand, have been subject to routine gubbings and some of the most abject performances I have seen since Craig Brown managed Preston North End. Yet do we moan? No. We just blot out the pain with alcohol.

Poor Les, who managed to steer an otherwise rudderless ship, to some fine victories, including a crucial double over this year’s surprise package, fell on his sword like the honourable man that he is. But you don’t miss what you’ve got ‘til it’s gone.

BBL.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Big Yellow Taxi arrived about two seasons late for the poison dwarf.
He’s the best defence coach in the World and he’s flooded with offers from Clubs...
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

justinr73 wrote:It looks like Les embarked on this season with a view to encouraging attacking and enterprising rugby. Ideally, it would have been by Ulster but that's just splitting hairs.

However, I put it to those of you that only attend the home games that you’ve got little to whinge about having witnessed, under Les, just the one defeat (to the best side in the league), wins over the likes of Munster and La Rochelle, a few crickets scores (almost exactly given the first innings in Auckland the other day) and two packs of Lionels, being sent, well, packing.

The away support, on the other hand, have been subject to routine gubbings and some of the most abject performances I have seen since Craig Brown managed Preston North End. Yet do we moan? No. We just blot out the pain with alcohol.

Poor Les, who managed to steer an otherwise rudderless ship, to some fine victories, including a crucial double over this year’s surprise package, fell on his sword like the honourable man that he is. But you don’t miss what you’ve got ‘til it’s gone.

BBL.
Vaguely amusing Lionel. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

mid ulster maestro wrote:As if we weren't depressed enough!
Sorry MUM but it would be wrong not to acknowledge a landmark.

Onwards & upwards oul haun' ............... but probably not until next season when Marcell will be the key player .........again, we were brilliant when he played, truly brill. :D
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

At least Les continued his losing streak as well last weekend with Plastic Paddys getting beaten by the Gloucester Hobbits
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best