Who will decide

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

richardt84
Novice

Re: Who will decide

Post by richardt84 »

Cockatrice wrote:Any code of conduct didn’t seem to have much if any impact on some of our most recent players who were actually convicted of offences.
And if they feel they can use the WhatsApps as a reason for breaking the code of conduct will they also pursue action against the third player who was referenced in the context of these conversations?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

That is an interesting point indeed
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

Another part of how this will play out ................

Money talks !

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/spon ... -1.3445683
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

richardt84 wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Any code of conduct didn’t seem to have much if any impact on some of our most recent players who were actually convicted of offences.
And if they feel they can use the WhatsApps as a reason for breaking the code of conduct will they also pursue action against the third player who was referenced in the context of these conversations?

That's a rabbit warren. if they go down they'll never come back.
Previous cases and previous events that were made public, but never resulted in IRFU action will all be points for "consideration". As I say, KRW Law will represent their client.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Hope KRW Law force the sacking of Logan

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

It is all very tricky, there is a hard core of #SueMePaddy protesters out there who are of the opinion that they ruined a girls life so they are determined to ruin their lives.
This really is getting out of control.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Looks like the Lynch mobs will decide! Goodbye rule of law, trial by Jury, facts and experts. What a sad and pathetic world.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Setanta wrote:Looks like the Lynch mobs will decide! Goodbye rule of law, trial by Jury, facts and experts. What a sad and pathetic world.
This is my fear. All the noise is coming from a relatively small yet vociferous section of the population. These voices in the main are not rugby fans or pay substantially towards UR or the FIRFU. The sponsors will however be worried about how long this drags on for and will not want to be associated with any bad publicity. UR need to know this is a major make or break decision for many season ticket holders. How do we get that message across above the twitterati?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Roidster
Novice

Post by Roidster »

Don't these gobsh1tes realise that making the boys play behind our lightweight pack is punishment enough?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
richardt84
Novice

Post by richardt84 »

jean valjean wrote:
Setanta wrote:Looks like the Lynch mobs will decide! Goodbye rule of law, trial by Jury, facts and experts. What a sad and pathetic world.
This is my fear. All the noise is coming from a relatively small yet vociferous section of the population. These voices in the main are not rugby fans or pay substantially towards UR or the FIRFU. The sponsors will however be worried about how long this drags on for and will not want to be associated with any bad publicity. UR need to know this is a major make or break decision for many season ticket holders. How do we get that message across above the twitterati?

Totally agree. Any commentary from the section of the population you have mentioned doesn’t seem to recognise that while being ‘stood down’ they have eventually been suspended from playing for a full season as a result of this and that, coupled with the huge strain this will have put them under, is punishment enough for any wrongdoing, real or perceived, on their part.

It’s incredibly frustrating to do so due to the bile that is out there but a Twitter search finds a significant amount of people tweeting IRFU and Ulster Rugby stating they will never contribute again if these guys play but a search through the vast majority of these profiles show not one tweet commenting on either team. From an Ulster perspective they can submit to the wishes of these imaginary customers or actually listen to those who do contribute. I wouldn’t dare to speak for all Ulster fans but any further punishment of Jackson and Olding will result in me not renewing my two season tickets.

I too would be keen to know how we can get a message above the Twitter trolls.

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Rooster wrote:It is all very tricky, there is a hard core of #SueMePaddy protesters out there who are of the opinion that they ruined a girls life so they are determined to ruin their lives.
Give it a week. These things are short lived. The attention span of the Twitter vermin is short. They'll move onto something else soon, there's a referendum or something coming up soon for them to get their teeth into.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Jackie Brown wrote:
Rooster wrote:It is all very tricky, there is a hard core of #SueMePaddy protesters out there who are of the opinion that they ruined a girls life so they are determined to ruin their lives.
Give it a week. These things are short lived. The attention span of the Twitter vermin is short. They'll move onto something else soon, there's a referendum or something coming up soon for them to get their teeth into.

Normally I would agree with you but this mob rule is linking it with the referendum
Rory Best
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Rooster wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:

Normally I would agree with you but this mob rule is linking it with the referendum
You'd think he'd forced her to have an abortion or something.

It's one of the reasons why I don't think we'll see or hear anything from the IRFU until the summer.

I also doubt Paddy will be sueing anyone, it was a shot across the bows to ensure people in the public eye watch what they say. Saoirse in Portlaois isn't important enough.

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BBC is though
Rory Best
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Rooster wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:

Logan to announce the boys are staying the same day as the referendum result?