Will Addison

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Will Addison

Post by Jackie Brown »

Dan Dare wrote:I have no problem with this signing. A good player and I am sure that they are scouring the planet far away from Lisburn for IQ players. He will be a good addition.

What does tick me off is watching Sam Arnold tearing it up against Toulon and Chris Farrell watching on. They should both still be here.
When Farrell was here he was a big lump who couldn't catch a cold or hit a ruck. He had a few games and was pretty poor. Then, so was Stockdale...

We had a rake of centers, McCloskey, Cave, Marshall, Payne, Olding, Whitten, Arnold, Farrell. Can't surprise anyone that the last 3 left to get the game time they wanted.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Trimble still has a year left on his contract
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

He’s had a poor season. We’d all love to see him going out with a bang and have a massive last season, but I’m not sure he has it in him.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Tender wrote:He’s had a poor season. We’d all love to see him going out with a bang and have a massive last season, but I’m not sure he has it in him.
Intensity and physicality just isn't there anymore.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Id love McCloskey to fly into a challenge like Arnold does

Looks like Arnold has decided he wants to be the PoM of the backline

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dan Dare wrote: What does tick me off is watching Sam Arnold tearing it up against Toulon and Chris Farrell watching on. They should both still be here.
They both wanted to leave to get game time and build their careers. We could hardly hold them against their will. Farrell had a load of potential, but he was behind a lot of players on the depth chart and his opportunities were limited at the time. I never rated Arnold when he was here. If Munster had a full deck, Arnold would not be in their 23.
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

Snipe You are correct totally in one respect I know nothing of any contact made between players and the boys and your mention is the first i have read about. I thank you for the information.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:So what is his best starting position? and where do we see him starting.. centre, wing or full-back?
Just hold on and I'll email Bryn to ask him.
What are you blathering about man? :scratch: :scratch:
Simply wondering will he be a first XV starter and if so what is his best position? after that who is he likely to start ahead of when all are fit and able... or will he simply be a back up utility player for Ludik.

A leader who fits the 25 age group which we need but one that might struggle to get into the first XV... I hope I am wrong and that he is good enough to be an automatic starter and that he can push either Marshall or Lyttle/Trimble or Payne/Ludik onto the bench..in saying that I think this is one further step to suggesting that Payne is finished.
Last edited by Cockatrice on Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:So what is his best starting position? and where do we see him starting.. centre, wing or full-back?
Just hold on and I'll email Bryn to ask him.
What are you blathering about man? :scratch: :scratch:
Simply wondering will he be a first XV starter and if so what is his best position? after that who is he likely to start ahead of when all are fit and able... or will he simply be a back up utility player for Ludik.

A leader who fits the 25 age group which we need but one that might struggle to get into the first XV... I hope I am wrong and that he is good enough to be an automatic starter and that he can push either Marshall or Little/Trimble or Payne/Ludik onto the bench..in saying that I think this is one further step to suggesting that Payne is finished.
At the rate they are getting locked in cupboards he might be our only player left :shock:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Jackie Brown wrote:
Dan Dare wrote:I have no problem with this signing. A good player and I am sure that they are scouring the planet far away from Lisburn for IQ players. He will be a good addition.

What does tick me off is watching Sam Arnold tearing it up against Toulon and Chris Farrell watching on. They should both still be here.
When Farrell was here he was a big lump who couldn't catch a cold or hit a ruck. He had a few games and was pretty poor. Then, so was Stockdale...

We had a rake of centers, McCloskey, Cave, Marshall, Payne, Olding, Whitten, Arnold, Farrell. Can't surprise anyone that the last 3 left to get the game time they wanted.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
WE presumably had at least the option to look at Farrell returning from France and decided again that he still wouldn't add much if anything to our starting our 23 and never seen fit to even enter the conversation for him. We also seen Arnold as not pushing the current incumbents to start anywhere near soon hence off you go to Munster... in saying that he has taken his opportunity and certainly is making some big defensive hits...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Tender wrote:He’s had a poor season. We’d all love to see him going out with a bang and have a massive last season, but I’m not sure he has it in him.
I know he has it in him, I know what he needs and it’s not a fustyfaced dickhead who couldn’t pick his nose sidelining him. He is not the GLU for no reason, he has been wasted and when given a chance this year, just like Cave, it’s almost always been away from home and Ulster have been gash away. Then factor in that all season when fit we have selected the two least creative players in the known universe, I don’t care who a player is, no winger will thrive outside those two, I believe the last player to score a blinder on the wing was Rob Lyttle against Munster, and which of the gruesome twosome passed to him? Neither it was Darren Cave, the same creative centre who slipped a beautiful kick through for Gilly to score in the same match.

Neither Cave nor Trimble have had anything like a fair crack this season and look the bloody results. Both dull and duller in the centre have excellent parts to their game but as a centre partnership they are the Kiss, not Folk, of death on any backline.

I hope we get a decent coach from somewhere and that malicious little wart Peel doesn’t have much say in selection. Finally the signing of Addison is a clear sign that somebody, presumably Bryn understands that two decent players don’t always make a partnership that works.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

That's not what I recall. He looked very useful for a young'un, rough diamond, Had a bad knee injury the year he should've kicked on, then was let go. Arnold showed promise too but we had an abundance of riches at centre or so i thought we had.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

If you ask me. AT is just out of form. I remember seeing keith earls a few seasons ago playing like a drain, as if he was carrying a bad groin or back injury. Look at him now, he was in great form 6Ns. Big andy has one more year left in the tank.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Was Peel at Sale when Addison first came through?

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:Was Peel at Sale when Addison first came through?

Oh feck...not another one.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?