Will Addison

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Re: Will Addison

Post by damianmcr »

Even a one night stand and nobody else found out?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Going to throw it out there.

Addison will be a cracker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

kingofthehill wrote:Going to throw it out there.

I think so. He brings a heck of a lot to the party.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:

Are you two taking the pish? Never heard of him, does a good line in sick notes allegedly ............... but most revealingly, he signed for a basket case. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hope you are right.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

Are you two taking the pish? Never heard of him, does a good line in sick notes allegedly ............... but most revealingly, he signed for a basket case. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hope you are right.
Not even slightly.
I just hope he doesn't get pulled straight into Joe's gang for the Autumn internationals and World Cup.
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

how could he not be though. Once Joe sees him play 10 - 12 - 15 all at once he'll be salivating. imagine the loop plays, Sexton will look a shovel-handed bumbaclart by comparison.

I hope he's class. him, Nordi Murphy, RoboCoetzee and the possibility of some nippers distinguishing themselves is about all that's keeping me from putting my season ticket into the woodchipper on arrival. :fleg:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Bart S wrote:
Russ wrote:Joe realised Bobbo is dung and Joey can't hack it at fullback or 10

Absolute panic stations in D4

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Didn’t you used to tell us how dung POM was as well?
Would you rather have POM or Jerome Kaino at 6?

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

So Addison to be fast tracked into the Irish set-up by the Autumn... he must be good.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cockatrice wrote:So Addison to be fast tracked into the Irish set-up by the Autumn... he must be good.
"You have an international fullback"
Man played vs Italy and USA innit

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Joe was apparently instrumental in him signing.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:Joe was apparently instrumental in him signing.

Who said that, R Finlay perhaps? PR job - JS/DN "see we are helping THEM"
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Dave wrote:Joe was apparently instrumental in him signing.

Joe reponds well to players who come to him and ask what they need to do to get into his sights. When they work on what he tells them and keep in contact the opportunities come. See Trimble & Farrell as good examples. See Zebo Donnacha Ryan and Cave as examples of players who prefer to do things their own way. These players disappear off the Joedar pretty quick despite being equally as effective at what they do on the pitch.

Presumably number 1 on Adissons to do list was play in Ireland. If he turns out a gem, don't bet on him finishing his career here.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Finlay must go

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Snipe Watson wrote:

Apparently a bottle of prosecco, a tray of ale, some nibbles, a cheesecake and rather importantly some condoms.

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

http://www.the42.ie/will-addison-sale-s ... 5-Aug2018/
THE THICK CUMBRIA accent aside, Will Addison’s Ulster connection runs strong.

“My mum’s from Enniskillen… she went to Trinity University at 21, met a farmer and got stuck in England.”

The 25-year-old returned to his mother’s native province this summer thanks to a clause agreed in his two-year-old Sale Sharks contract that allowed him an early exit if one of this island’s four professional teams sought out his services.

As Ulster’s once-stacked back-line became depleted with the departure of Charles Piutau and retirements of Jared Payne, Tommy Bowe and record try-scorer Andrew Trimble, Addison’s luck was in. A phone call from his former team-mate Dwayne Peel stoked a once hypothetical interest in moving out of the Premiership.

“I loved my time a Sale,” says Addison, who cut the cord after almost a decade with the club, “Steve Diamond – who was a mentor and a kind of a father figure for me – he made sure there was a clause in the contract that if an Irish team came calling, and I felt it was the right time for me to make a move, it was in there.”

“I was captain at Sale, it was a club that I loved and was invested in. But the opportunity to come to Ulster was an opportunity I couldn’t turn down — it was a now or never moment. I didn’t want to end my career in 10 years thinking ‘what if?’

"It just fell at the right time in my career for a change. I’ve been at Sale for the best part of 10 years, I decided I’d push myself to become a better player. So far I think that’s happening. I’m really enjoying it so far.”

Crossing the Irish Sea, of course, means Addison hopes to win senior international caps to frame above his England U20 honours. In June, he was invited to train with Joe Schmidt’s squad as they prepared to travel to Australia. Having seen and felt the standard at close quarters, he’s under no illusions that Schmidt’s hand will be easily swayed his way.

“First things first I’ve got to get in the team in Ulster. I’m enjoying JP (Jared Payne) and Peely, they’re pushing me every week. If I keep doing that I can fulfil my potential and, I’d like to think, that would push me to those international standards.

“I’m excited about just becoming a better player with Ulster and I think the challenge we’ve got here with a young group is an exciting one.”

Fuelling that ambition brings Addison right back under his family tree. He has beaten a path to Fermanagh where his mother’s sisters ensure he hasn’t been left wanting for calories during a tough pre-season.

“I have a good strong family connection in Enniskillen, my aunties have been giving me some good home cooking every weekend so far, I’m being well looked after in Fermanagh and I’m loving Belfast as well.”

Addison is eagerly awaiting some food for thought with his first taste of the Pro14 too. He will meet relatively familiar faces when Gloucester (who he will debut against on Saturday) and Wasps provide pre-season opposition, but the start of the new campaign is coming down the track fast for Ulster.

The northern province look set to be without a head coach for the first half of the season and an early run of fixtures pitting them against Scarlets and Edinburgh before two rounds in South Africa would be a challenge with all hands on deck.

“Myself and Billy Burns are really excited about a new competition,” says Addison, who prefers centre out of the range of positions he covers as utility back, “the two weeks in South Africa is a really good chance for some team-building which is important for the young squad that we have got. We’re just going to take it week in, week out and see how we attack the season.”

"We have a tough start. I think the way the Pro14 is now… it’s tough every week and it was never going to be an easy start to the season but it is a good opportunity for us.”

“We have a huge amount of young players that are going to get some time in pre-season which is exciting and giving them a sense of what men’s rugby is about, myself, Billy and Marty (Moore) will get a taste of what the Kingspan is about on Saturday and I’m really excited about that.”

“We just want to build on what Peely and JP have been doing this pre-season they have done some tremendous work and the platform is there and we want to put our best foot forward.”
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18