Ulster V Edinburgh

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster V Edinburgh

Post by ColinM »

Great morale booster for a squad in freefall for a good while, and to get it away from home while blooding a few nippers is all the better.

McPhillips should have the benefit of Cave playing at 13 whenever possible. If they want to alternate players, then LM and big Stu can share the 12 shirt.

Good of iHumph and 1F to point out the obvious, a 19 year old will have some difficult scrums but they could be the making of him and Cave brings intelligence, creativity and the best out in others.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I wonder what Lara thought of it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Fez is badly in need of a bigger pair of keks.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Jackie Brown wrote:I wonder what Lara thought of it.

Practically dripping

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Jackie Brown wrote:I wonder what Lara thought of it.

At least she liked a tweet about it
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Gary wrote:Now Dave, you're just being silly. Ya Hoo doesn't fix scrums.
If he could have taken his tracksuit top off with more haste he might have prevented a penalty try.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Must say an unexpected win away from home is a nice surprise

The young pack has some way to go but getting there

Great to see Henderson in the second row because as back row he seems to fall between two stones do I defend close or wide of the ruck - playing second row removes the doubt - he can get stuck in and the benefit was the 4th try .

The defence was nicely varied between Drift and Rush but seem co ordinated .

3good trys based on the old format of break - pass - support .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:Any word on a contract for Darren?

You may find this hard to believe but believe it or not, the first name on FOLK’s list to retain, was Darren Cave. I know this is counterintuitive makes as much as fûck all sense but I’ve expected DC to be retained since long before Crimbo. Expect to see him there next season.

I was out eating and drinking tonight in Stoker, enjoying the company of people I will not often see after Star Wars Day, the day I make my bid for freedom from this septic isle. I caught the last 10 minutes but from what I heard a Cave yet again showed why his treatment over the last year has been a nonsense.

BBC: is he our best 13?

Baggy says: you have to be a moron to think differently. UR have utterly wasted a year of Darren’s career. Outstanding player and bleeds Ulster

Appears to have been a hel, of a performance, converting a 4-1 points on the night to 5-0 might just about give the super optimistic something to cling to, but a big result after recent events.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Y
EB461590-80E2-4D3E-BFEC-5B5B803BAAF3.jpeg
EB461590-80E2-4D3E-BFEC-5B5B803BAAF3.jpeg (57.9 KiB) Viewed 1051 times
My response is simple, you are a crusader, not a concerned supporter, the official supporters club report not one single Ulater fan supporting your position.

I declare you a would-be journalist hoping to make her name by having 2 men sacked. I heard you BBC INTERVIEW- you sounded like a poor man’s American wannabe, you avoided the direct question of how many had supported you. 141people and yet you attempted to speak for a country.

I suggest you are a fraud and of no consequence. I’d love to mock you, but of course that would hand you the high moral ground. I will ask you, what is you agenda? My suspicion is it is entirely self-serving.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

You may find this hard to believe but believe it or not, the first name on FOLK’s list to retain, was Darren Cave. I know this is counterintuitive makes as much as fûck all sense but I’ve expected DC to be retained since long before Crimbo. Expect to see him there next season.

I was out eating and drinking tonight in Stoker, enjoying the company of people I will not often see after Star Wars Day, the day I make my bid for freedom from this septic isle. I caught the last 10 minutes but from what I heard a Cave yet again showed why his treatment over the last year has been a nonsense.

Baggy says: you have to be a moron to think differently. UR have utterly wasted a year of Darren’s career. Outstanding player and bleeds Ulster

Appears to have been a hel, of a performance, converting a 4-1 points on the night to 5-0 might just about give the super optimistic something to cling to, but a big result after recent events.

I remember there was a bit of talk of will he get one, or not? before his last contract was signed. From what i can see from the outside, he has been treated shabbily to say the least over the duration of this contract. Does anybody know more about why he's not been effing picked? If he knew of a team where he could go and get at least 15 to 20 games a season, be appreciated, and reasonably successful, I wouldn't blame him if he told UR, to shove it up their collective Chocolate swiss roll. I can't understand how he hasn't been a regular, with a few games strung together, we might even see him get a bit of form and perform even better than we've seen when he's parachuted in.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Y
My response is simple, you are a crusader, not a concerned supporter, the official supporters club report not one single Ulater fan supporting your position.

I declare you a would-be journalist hoping to make her name by having 2 men sacked. I heard you BBC INTERVIEW- you sounded like a poor man’s American wannabe, you avoided the direct question of how many had supported you. 141people and yet you attempted to speak for a country.

I suggest you are a fraud and of no consequence. I’d love to mock you, but of course that would hand you the high moral ground. I will ask you, what is you agenda? My suspicion is it is entirely self-serving.
It's amazing to think she got a BBC interview to spout her agenda (I presume as i didn't hear it) on the back of getting 141 people to pony up 2k. Now i'm starting to understand how a plank like trump gets elected, money talks, whatever the agenda is.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

stickinout wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Y

It's amazing to think she got a BBC interview to spout her agenda (I presume as i didn't hear it) on the back of getting 141 people to pony up 2k. Now i'm starting to understand how a plank like trump gets elected, money talks, whatever the agenda is.
She got well and truly slated in the interview
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Well that went better than expected, although I tweaked my thigh celebrating the last try.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

stickinout wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

I remember there was a bit of talk of will he get one, or not? before his last contract was signed. From what i can see from the outside, he has been treated shabbily to say the least over the duration of this contract. Does anybody know more about why he's not been effing picked? If he knew of a team where he could go and get at least 15 to 20 games a season, be appreciated, and reasonably successful, I wouldn't blame him if he told UR, to shove it up their collective Chocolate swiss roll. I can't understand how he hasn't been a regular, with a few games strung together, we might even see him get a bit of form and perform even better than we've seen when he's parachuted in.
Yes. Cave has been Ulster's most consistent midfielder for several seasons but does not seem to get the credit or game time he deserves. He is not flashy, terribly fast etc... but he plays like Conrad Smith - sound as a bell, rugby smart, frequently a game changer, great defender, makes all the right decisions and still manages to pick up an impressive try tally.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

stickinout wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Gibbes thinks he is lazy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk