SIGN THIS NOW FOR OUR TWO BOYS

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Re: SIGN THIS NOW FOR OUR TWO BOYS

Post by 222toHounslow »

I will placing tape over the BoI logo on my shirt tomorrow night.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

promenader 2 wrote:I clicked on to the Bel Tel web page earlier this morning. The headline story was Paddy's court bid to recover his legal costs and the headline was worded something along those lines. I just clicked on again there now and the headline has been changed. It now reads 'Paddy Jackson Wants Taxpayer to Fund Legal Costs' or something similar. A minor change or something which slants the story in an unfavourable way?

Noone likes us. We don't care.
Someone who will never be funding the Bel Tel ever again is me.
Their behaviour in reporting this issue has been a complete farce and a disgrace. Totally one sided. The tax payer funded the whole fùcking sham because of police and PPS incompetence, why should an innocent man suffer?
It's a gutter rag no more interested on reporting news, but just dealing in tittle-tattle and misery.
None of them had the balls to stand up to the shambles on the pitch for fear of losing their wee special arrangement with UR. I hope UR tell them to go feck their back page articles and stick their sponsorship up their jam roll.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
richardt84
Novice

Post by richardt84 »

GUBU wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bank ... -3r6wlv9g5

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Logically, the Bank of Ireland should now be asking all existing and prospective account holders to hand over their social media messages so that the Bank can decide whether or not they are suitable people to hold accounts with them.
The statement is now on the BBC website as well on this link http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-43739327

They reference the need for ‘decisions to be taken’ while also mentioning the need for ‘policies and procedures to be put in place.’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I'm changing bank.

FOBOI
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
GUBU
Novice

Post by GUBU »

...and yet the Bank are clearly happy to have Conor 'You Take One End, Simon, I'll Take The Other' Murray as a 'brand ambassador' for the current season, as part of their sponsorship of Munster.
“It was a bizarre happening, an unprecedented situation, a grotesque situation, an almost unbelievable mischance.”
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

That's the boys screwed then. Sponsorship money seems to be the only language Logan understands.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

To be fair, it's not Logan this time. Don't think UR has any say in the decision.

I googled " Bank of Ireland apology" and it's clear we should not have them as a sponsor anyway.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

richardt84 wrote:
GUBU wrote:

Logically, the Bank of Ireland should now be asking all existing and prospective account holders to hand over their social media messages so that the Bank can decide whether or not they are suitable people to hold accounts with them.
The statement is now on the BBC website as well on this link http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-43739327

They reference the need for ‘decisions to be taken’ while also mentioning the need for ‘policies and procedures to be put in place.’

I've only read the BBC account but it looks like they're only calling for policies and procedures be put in place' presumably to deal with the future, not the past. I wonder is this just BOI throwing its hands up in horror for all to see but not really wanting to walk away. This will play well to many of their customers but not drive others away. If UR put out the usual 'strongly worded statement', publicise well a new raft of principles of conduct and suspend the boys for a year (or whatever), backdated to when they were sent on gardening leave, things could go well. If the boys themselves play this properly, they could even start parallel careers as reformed characters promoting respect for women! There's a host of talk shows just waiting to welcome them.
Actually, I'm not sure myself whether those last two sentences were tongue in cheek or serious.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The banks said it expects the internal review to be "robust, to fully address the issues raised, and that decisions will be taken – and policies and protocols be put in place – that fully address the issues that have arisen".
That does not actually say they want rid of them
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

SIGN THIS NOW FOR OUR TWO BOYS

Post by rumncoke »

If I were Ulster Rugby I would be demanding an enquiry into why this case ever went to court because not only is the victimisation now being directed at the innocent accused but also at their employer .

now every sponsor has a right to decide who or what he wishes to sponsor the fact that they have made their statement before any review has been completed could well influence that outcome of that review. It could possibly leave them open accusation of victimisation and a claim for a serious amount compensation by both Jackson and Olding .

The Ulster Branch could also have a claim should any other sponsor be influenced by their statement .

Last edited by rumncoke on Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
GUBU
Novice

Post by GUBU »

solidarity wrote:
richardt84 wrote:
GUBU wrote:

I've only read the BBC account but it looks like they're only calling for policies and procedures be put in place' presumably to deal with the future, not the past. I wonder is this just BOI throwing its hands up in horror for all to see but not really wanting to walk away. This will play well to many of their customers but not drive others away. If UR put out the usual 'strongly worded statement', publicise well a new raft of principles of conduct and suspend the boys for a year (or whatever), backdated to when they were sent on gardening leave, things could go well. If the boys themselves play this properly, they could even start parallel careers as reformed characters promoting respect for women! There's a host of talk shows just waiting to welcome them.
Actually, I'm not sure myself whether those last two sentences were tongue in cheek or serious.
I don't think either of them will be taking up the opportunity to appear on 'Loose Women' any time soon....
“It was a bizarre happening, an unprecedented situation, a grotesque situation, an almost unbelievable mischance.”
flatpass
Novice

Post by flatpass »

Petition has now topped 16,000
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Deraless wrote:
promenader 2 wrote:I clicked on to the Bel Tel web page earlier this morning. The headline story was Paddy's court bid to recover his legal costs and the headline was worded something along those lines. I just clicked on again there now and the headline has been changed. It now reads 'Paddy Jackson Wants Taxpayer to Fund Legal Costs' or something similar. A minor change or something which slants the story in an unfavourable way?

Noone likes us. We don't care.
Someone who will never be funding the Bel Tel ever again is me.
Their behaviour in reporting this issue has been a complete farce and a disgrace. Totally one sided. The tax payer funded the whole fùcking sham because of police and PPS incompetence, why should an innocent man suffer?
It's a gutter rag no more interested on reporting news, but just dealing in tittle-tattle and misery.
None of them had the balls to stand up to the shambles on the pitch for fear of losing their wee special arrangement with UR. I hope UR tell them to go feck their back page articles and stick their sponsorship up their jam roll.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
+1 Couldn' t have said it better myself. It's a rag of a paper and as i said before, it might be local news but there's definitely a ROI slant to the way news is reported.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

flatpass wrote:Petition has now topped 16,000
I have to say this post is a bit of a disappointment, given the quality of your previous five. >EW :thumleft:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Maybe I have a different definition of 'misogyny' than Baggy and the protesters (I think I heard them in McMordie Hall back in the day).

I don't think the messages that people are getting upset about display a hatred of women. A very ungentlemanly or even unhealthy attitude towards women; but underlying hatred? No.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk