Belfast Telegraph

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Seagull
Novice

Belfast Telegraph

Post by Seagull »

Disappointed to see the Belfast Telegraph descend to the level of The Sun with last Friday's factually incorrect headline grabbing front page that 139 "Fans" had funded the page 5 advert.
Have been a Tele Home Delivery customer for as many years as I have been an Ulster Fan and Season Ticket holder.
I have just cancelled my £22 per month Home Delivery account.
It would be great if a few more would join this action - maybe get 139 Real Fans to cancel their daily delivery?
By my maths that would be a lot more than the revenue they received for running the ad.
Ring 02890264000, ask for Home Delivery, you will then be asked reason for cancelling - Let Them Know!
SUFTUM.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Belfast Telegraph

Post by big mervyn »

Do enough Ulster fans actually buy the Bel Tel to make it up to £2k? Must be 20 years since I bought one.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I don't buy the tele, but did send them a complaining letter and asking if they verify the claims made in adverts, or do they just take the filthy lucre?

Not in so many words, but they got the idea.

They haven't replied.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I reckon I could get more than 139 concerned fans to express more than a passing interest in where my boxers are ... maybe we should take out an ad in the Tele ... "Free Fleg's Kaks"
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Cornerfleg wrote:I reckon I could get more than 139 concerned fans to express more than a passing interest in where my boxers are ... maybe we should take out an ad in the Tele ... "Free Fleg's Kaks"
139 concerned fans? get real! :roll:

Now,the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons,- that's a different kettle of fish.

They would certainly want to know the location and put up a 20 mile exclusion zone around them ...
I'm not arguing -
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Seagull wrote:Disappointed to see the Belfast Telegraph descend to the level of The Sun with last Friday's factually incorrect headline grabbing front page that 139 "Fans" had funded the page 5 advert.
Have been a Tele Home Delivery customer for as many years as I have been an Ulster Fan and Season Ticket holder.
It would be great if a few more would join this action - maybe get 139 Real Fans to cancel their daily delivery?
By my maths that would be a lot more than the revenue they received for running the ad.
Ring 02890264000, ask for Home Delivery, you will then be asked reason for cancelling - Let Them Know!
SUFTUM.
I see none of these other louts has bidden you welcome Seagull, I apologise for their rudeness and welcome you to the forum in my capacity as, the only man with manners here.

Splendid opening post, sadly I've not been a Telegraph buyer this long time.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
TinPig
Squire

Post by TinPig »

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news ... 79249.html

“It adds: “This advert was crowdfunded by 139 members of the public to send a message that can’t be ignored.”
Anna Nolan helped to set up the crowdfunding campaign to publish the open letter. It exceeded its target within 36 hours.”
I’m feeling Perky this morning. :pig:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I see none of these other louts has bidden you welcome Seagull, I apologise for their rudeness and welcome you to the forum in my capacity as, the only man with manners here.
After what he did allover my car last week? :shock:

Don't welcome him on my behalf! :roll:

(unless he can prove it was some other seagull).
I'm not arguing -
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

He's a seagull ... he must be guilty of shyting on Cap'ns car ... quick organise a petition ... get me a placard ... phone the Telegraph ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

And while were at it ... where are my boxers????
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Good thinking, wonder can you sign up today and cancel tomorrow, will need a fake address though as they don't get as far as us anyway :lol: :lol: :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

The Belfast Telegraph needs to mind it's fu'cking manners, not only are they taking money to publish utter shyte but their "reporter" and presumably "so-called journalist" Brett Campbell is such a spanner that he cannot even get his facts right.

This type of lazy journalism, if you could call it that, is why people such as I am utterly livid despite the fact that I in no way condone the WhatsApp chat, how could I, it's indefensible misogyny and plain wrong.

I will not quietly acquiesce whilst goons drive a coach and horses through due legal process and insist on ruining the lives of people whose biggest crime is a few nasty words and phrases. See thread "Dear Ruckie"
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Seagull wrote:Disappointed to see the Belfast Telegraph descend to the level of The Sun with last Friday's factually incorrect headline grabbing front page that 139 "Fans" had funded the page 5 advert.
SUFTUM.

Welcome Seagull, great effort. Hopefully, a lot of people will follow your lead. Somebody get it out on the Twitter machine or bake book please.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Top shagger

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Seagull, is this you?Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.