SUPPORT OUR BOYS WITH A FIVER

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Liz Fraser
Squire

Re: SUPPORT OUR BOYS WITH A FIVER

Post by Liz Fraser »

Well done all for the advert.
I was worried what the content might be but for me it hit the spot with its tone.
It was a perfect antidote to the other one.
More importantly than the ad is that it's being covered in the most media outlets and some nationals giving very positive PR.
We have at least given the boys a voice and a support and therefore a fighting chance.
Great work along with the petition.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Who funds the Lawrence Street Workshops where these ladies are able to organise street protests and make flegs/ banners etc presumably with Arts funding or something similar.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Expert banner manufacturing tips from Grumpy. Master Bannerman.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

mid ulster maestro wrote:Expert banner manufacturing tips from Grumpy. Master Bannerman.
Tip No. 1? - always use nice clean sheets.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I have reason to believe Grumpy has retired from the Honourable Guild of Ulster Bannermen.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

big mervyn wrote:Quality link on BT online:

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news ... 96379.html

You can also read the front page article there.
Surely must be related to the other Brennan?

Mike?
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

OK, So lets scrap the halftime mini rugby and get Peter Corry onto the pitch to belt out this slightly modified version of The Prayer from Les Mis.. Being as gay as the next man, it’s hard to beat a bit of musical theatre, or a good stereotype.

God on high
Hear my prayer
In my need
You have always been there
They are young
They're afraid
Let them rest
Heaven blessed.
Bring them home
Bring them home
Bring them home.
They’re like the sons I might have known
If God had granted me a son
The summers die
One by one
How soon they fly
On and on
And I am old
And will be gone.
Bring them peace
Bring them joy
They are young
They are only boys

You can take
You can give
Let them be
Let them live
If I die, let me die
Let them live
Bring them home
Bring them home
Bring them home
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

You’re on to something Tender.

Peter giving it the whip
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Cockatrice wrote:Just so everyone knows the 5 demands that are being asked from those protesting at the next home game.....
1. Our criminal justice system is not fit for purpose when it comes to dealing with sexual crimes. Victims are re-traumatised and are treated like they are on trial. The system is designed to defend the rights of the accused with little regard for the victim.
2. The media reporting of rape trials is intrusive, salacious and biased towards undermining the victim’s testimony. It serves to increase the distress of victims and survivors of sexual abuse and rape. Cases should not be reported on until after the jury has given its verdict.
3. The criminal justice system’s treatment of the victim and media reporting of this trial will deter victims from coming forward and reporting in the future. The rampant culture of victim blaming and shaming needs addressed
4. We urgently need to have a compulsory comprehensive relationship and sexuality education programme in all schools which includes consent and toxic masculinity.
5. We need adequately resourced support services for victims and survivors of rape and sexual abuse.
Must say whoever wrote these 5 demands clearly doesn't know what a demand is. Number 1 is a statement, number 2 who exactly are they expecting to do what, 3 is waffle without any specifics, 4 while a demand clearly doesn't treat sexes the same (is there no toxic femininity?), and 5 again no specifics about what adequately resourced means and who they expect to do what.
Agree with another poster clearly society isn't perfect, if these people want to engage and actually achieve something I'm unclear how campaigning to get 2 or 3 innocent people sacked for a message or two is actually going to further their cause. Really disappointing that people who could actually achieve something positive are resorting to trying to damage/destroy innocent people's lives.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Tender wrote:OK, So lets scrap the halftime mini rugby and get Peter Corry onto the pitch to belt out this slightly modified version of The Prayer from Les Mis.. Being as gay as the next man, it’s hard to beat a bit of musical theatre, or a good stereotype.

God on high
Hear my prayer
In my need
You have always been there
They are young
They're afraid
Let them rest
Heaven blessed.
Bring them home
Bring them home
Bring them home.
They’re like the sons I might have known
If God had granted me a son
The summers die
One by one
How soon they fly
On and on
And I am old
And will be gone.
Bring them peace
Bring them joy
They are young
They are only boys

You can take
You can give
Let them be
Let them live
If I die, let me die
Let them live
Bring them home
Bring them home
Bring them home
Hey that's my song!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Lurgan Lad wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Just so everyone knows the 5 demands that are being asked from those protesting at the next home game.....
1. Our criminal justice system is not fit for purpose when it comes to dealing with sexual crimes. Victims are re-traumatised and are treated like they are on trial. The system is designed to defend the rights of the accused with little regard for the victim.
2. The media reporting of rape trials is intrusive, salacious and biased towards undermining the victim’s testimony. It serves to increase the distress of victims and survivors of sexual abuse and rape. Cases should not be reported on until after the jury has given its verdict.
3. The criminal justice system’s treatment of the victim and media reporting of this trial will deter victims from coming forward and reporting in the future. The rampant culture of victim blaming and shaming needs addressed
4. We urgently need to have a compulsory comprehensive relationship and sexuality education programme in all schools which includes consent and toxic masculinity.
5. We need adequately resourced support services for victims and survivors of rape and sexual abuse.
Must say whoever wrote these 5 demands clearly doesn't know what a demand is. Number 1 is a statement, number 2 who exactly are they expecting to do what, 3 is waffle without any specifics, 4 while a demand clearly doesn't treat sexes the same (is there no toxic femininity?), and 5 again no specifics about what adequately resourced means and who they expect to do what.
Agree with another poster clearly society isn't perfect, if these people want to engage and actually achieve something I'm unclear how campaigning to get 2 or 3 innocent people sacked for a message or two is actually going to further their cause. Really disappointing that people who could actually achieve something positive are resorting to trying to damage/destroy innocent people's lives.
You'll trigger James Latimer
He's been buzzing for a shag all week

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

Russ wrote:
Lurgan Lad wrote:

Who or what is James Latimer
"This doesn't look good Parker"
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

LadyP wrote:
Russ wrote:
Lurgan Lad wrote:

Who or what is James Latimer
A hero women deserve right now
A white knight
A man who is after the sweet poon tang of the feminist and will do anything to get it

A true baller

Basically the URSC 5th columnist

We're unsure if he's pro feminist or a massive troll

222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

He’s a Bellend
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
GLENN CORNICK
Squire

Post by GLENN CORNICK »

222toHounslow wrote:He’s a Bellend
I prefer the Latin technical term,mangina.
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.