Read between the lines

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Re: Read between the lines

Post by Deraless »

Cockatrice wrote:BTW what’s worse saying spit on a closed private forum or to lie on a CV?
I don't think the messages were the reason or else Gilly would be gone too.

The IRFU has assumed the role of jury. They have effectively found them guilty of a crime of which they were acquitted. They have fallen for the media reporting of one side of the story and the repeated trotting out of lies about bleeding shouted by people who followed the trial on Twitter then said the jury must be stupid for having come to the conclusion they did.

If I had a son in his early twenties out and about the place I would definitely be warning him about this young lady.
Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I appreciate and share the rage, but please be careful what you post on these pages. Many of us know things that should not be committed to print online where they remain in perpetuity. :fleg: :fleg: :fleg: :fleg:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Deraless wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:BTW what’s worse saying spit on a closed private forum or to lie on a CV?
I don't think the messages were the reason or else Gilly would be gone too.

The IRFU has assumed the role of jury. They have effectively found them guilty of a crime of which they were acquitted.
They have fallen for the media reporting of one side of the story and the repeated trotting out of lies about bleeding shouted by people who followed the trial on Twitter then said the jury must be stupid for having come to the conclusion they did.

If I had a son in his early twenties out and about the place I would definitely be warning him about this young lady.
Yip. Mrs BM just said the same thing. 2 weeks cooling their heels was the appropriate punishment when the other factors are deemed inadmissible.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Link?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Sue Dename
Novice

Post by Sue Dename »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Forget reading between the lines. BANK OF IRELAND INSISTED ON SACKING JACKSON &OLDING

Paddy Jackson sacked
Stuart Olding sacked
Craig Gilroy not sacked
Players told on Wednesday
Ulster squad told this morning, several expressed they did not want to play tonight
FIRFUC's utterly gutless
Bank of Ireland threatened to withdraw their sponsorship, I don't know if it was just Ulster or all the provinces.
Bank of Ireland gave FIRFU the ultimatum before their press release, the sanctimonious c'unts.

I remind you that Bank of Ireland was obliged to repay €170Million to its mortgage customers within the last financial year as part of a wider tracker mortgage scandal south of the border. And these hypocrites demand that two young sportsmen lose their livelihood? Some bank customers are reported to have committed and attempted suicide. And the Warren Gatland in the FIRFU cave in to these immoral, unethical, unprincipled mealymouthed financial pirates who financially RAPE thousands of people a day.

I am disgusted by the FIRFU, I expect nothing less from Bank of Ireland. Other sponsors may well have played a part in things but Bank of Ireland pulled the trigger.

I am not guessing here, the above is fact, cast iron cold fact. I will not say where from but it is absolutely true.

I hope they lose many many customers.
Baggy, a fair and balanced assessment. A couple of additional points.
BOI have nothing to be proud of, they just went public, however, I have it on good authority Vodafone was the most demanding of the sponsors in having J&O sacked.

Now, this is bordering on farcical. Logan is in Dublin on Monday to be briefed by FIRFU on what he can and cant say at Tuesday's press conference.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Sue Dename wrote:Now, this is bordering on farcical. Logan is in Dublin on Monday to be briefed by FIRFU on what he can and cant say at Tuesday's press conference.
I wont matter the press will all faint when they actually see him and be straight on their phones to Attenborough :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway after his last press interview it is a miracle they let him speak at all
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Snipe Watson wrote:I appreciate and share the rage, but please be careful what you post on these pages. Many of us know things that should not be committed to print online where they remain in perpetuity. :fleg: :fleg: :fleg: :fleg:

Firstly can I ask is the site now the target of some form of cyber attack indeed anytime there has been a recent crisis this site goes down and trust me it is not because of the heavy traffic?

Secondly I have repeatedly heard comments on here since the result suggesting that there is evidence out there that things happened in the toilet or the bouncer seen something... bear in mind no evidence was produced.

I have said from from very early on that no one would come out of this well and that they would never play for us again only to be dismissed by some... I and others have also suggested for sometime now that sponsors were making their views known and yet others firmly believed that this was all part of some carefully choreographed return of the players into the IRFU fold. I was told last year by a senior official within the IRFU they would never play here again so make what you want of waiting until the court was over..

I have read here repeatedly that Winters & Co will destroy the IRFU if they dared to not take the players back well guess what it has happened as some of us here have suggested... my take on Paddy's statement was he was fully resigned to the fact and understand that he had done wrong so I don't see any big legal battle or Sports Arbitration Council involvement coming soon.

So what next...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:I appreciate and share the rage, but please be careful what you post on these pages. Many of us know things that should not be committed to print online where they remain in perpetuity. :fleg: :fleg: :fleg: :fleg:

Firstly can I ask is the site now the target of some form of cyber attack indeed anytime there has been a recent crisis this site goes down and trust me it is not because of the heavy traffic?

Secondly I have repeatedly heard comments on here since the result suggesting that there is evidence out there that things happened in the toilet or the bouncer seen something... bear in mind no evidence was produced.

I have said from from very early on that no one would come out of this well and that they would never play for us again only to be dismissed by some... I and others have also suggested for sometime now that sponsors were making their views known and yet others firmly believed that this was all part of some carefully choreographed return of the players into the IRFU fold. I was told last year by a senior official within the IRFU they would never play here again so make what you want of waiting until the court was over..

I have read here repeatedly that Winters & Co will destroy the IRFU if they dared to not take the players back well guess what it has happened as some of us here have suggested... my take on Paddy's statement was he was fully resigned to the fact and understand that he had done wrong so I don't see any big legal battle or Sports Arbitration Council involvement coming soon.

So what next...
Your wisdom is legend Cockers and you are clearly extraordinarily well connected.
I just know you love the fact that I got this wrong. I couldn't give a toss, but I'm delighted that you are able to take some personal positives for yourself out of this mess.

I will say two things.
Firstly are you sure we have heard the last of this?
Secondly if you check, you will notice I stated clearly that if they breached their code of conduct they would be sacked and KRW could do nothing about it. It kinda sounds to me like they did.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:

So what next...
Your wisdom is legend Cockers and you are clearly extraordinarily well connected.
I just know you love the fact that I got this wrong. I couldn't give a toss, but I'm delighted that you are able to take some personal positives for yourself out of this mess.

I will say two things.
Firstly are you sure we have heard the last of this?
Secondly if you check, you will notice I stated clearly that if they breached their code of conduct they would be sacked and KRW could do nothing about it. It kinda sounds to me like they did.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk
Snipe... I take no satisfaction whatsoever in knowing some dogs on the right streets including D4 and BT6 and that they are well enough informed... is this the last possibly not even my dogs don't know that yet but for me I think both players will move on and hopefully become better people by learning from this and indeed the ink may be yet be getting signed on new paperwork before long..

IF anything we should all stand together and send one strong message to UR and the CEO... its a simple message..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
horslips
Novice

Post by horslips »

Snipe
My take on this is somewhat simpler. if their Code of Conduct was worded correctly and they had breached it to the extent of being guilty of Gross Misconduct then dismissal would have followed automatically unless the IRFU opted to take a lesser sanction. However as reported across various media outlets their contracts were terminated after reaching an agreement. In other words the IRFU PAID THEM OFF AND OUT OF MIND.
I am quite certain that in reaching agreement KRW and others would have been at least keeping a watching brief on behalf of their clients. I assume therefore that having issued statements both PJ and SO have achieved the best settlement possible and accepted the decision.
If that is the case I hope both find new club contracts, turn their backs on the green jersey and become in their new contracts as treasured and loved as Ruan was at Ulster
STO SURSUM PRO ULSTERMEN
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

horslips wrote:Snipe
My take on this is somewhat simpler. if their Code of Conduct was worded correctly and they had breached it to the extent of being guilty of Gross Misconduct then dismissal would have followed automatically unless the IRFU opted to take a lesser sanction. However as reported across various media outlets their contracts were terminated after reaching an agreement. In other words the IRFU PAID THEM OFF AND OUT OF MIND.
I am quite certain that in reaching agreement KRW and others would have been at least keeping a watching brief on behalf of their clients. I assume therefore that having issued statements both PJ and SO have achieved the best settlement possible and accepted the decision.
If that is the case I hope both find new club contracts, turn their backs on the green jersey and become in their new contracts as treasured and loved as Ruan was at Ulster
The statements issued by the players were certainly very gracious given the way their departure was spun.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Stuart himself in his statement says that the circumstances in which his employment was revoked were outside contractual arrangements. Plus all these loose ends that have required tying. If they'd breached a contract they'd be gone well before now.

Unfortunately it would seem in hindsight that the decision was made many months ago. The messaging excuse is balls or else Gilroy would be gone too. We've all said all along that the hierarchy was hoping for a guilty verdict so they wouldn't be seen to be the ones. And they played us like violins until they got last night's protest over with.

Given they've both accepted the decision now, after initially saying they wouldn't, the IRFU probably offered them a carrot and a stick simultaneously.

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
horslips
Novice

Post by horslips »

Dera
I suspect it was only a carrot. They new they could do feck all and simply bought them off.
STO SURSUM PRO ULSTERMEN
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Does anyone know if they have been banned for life from playing for Ireland or an irish province? The FIRFU statement doesn't elaborate. If anyone in Irish rugby believes that Joey Carberry has the potential to be an international ten after yesterdays game, they highly deluded.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

I can understand any commercial organisation wishing to protect its standing and wanting to get good value from whatever corporate sponsorship it had on the books. I hope the Bank of Ireland were not looking for an exit for financial reasons to be confounded by the collapse of the IRFU and UR. On the otherhand i do hope no one's personal prejudices forced the issue..
The handling of this is wrong i do hope we have some players with balls to stand up and be counted. if I was on the books of UR at the moment I would be looking for an exit and I certainly would not be encouraging any young man to look to this organisation for a future in professional Rugby. UR should simply just put a big yellow stripe up the back of the strip next year and keep it there until this sorry excuse for a management structure is exorcised.

From a former lifelong supporter of UR.