So what now?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Re: So what now?

Post by Deraless »

Leaving the ground on Friday night most of them looked broken.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Deraless wrote:Leaving the ground on Friday night most of them looked broken.

They were, totally.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

As well as contractual positions speaking out in favour of PJ/SO would cause a backlash against them in some quarters, as some people see any kind of support for them as endorsing their “behaviour”.

I do wonder if some people in the media are reacting in a similar way. I would exclude Brian Moore from that as i don’t believe he would care what people thought of his opinions.

What is interesting is that even people like BOD and others are saying the IRFU had no choice in oart because of sponsor reaction. Of course Mr Logan is the only one who seems to think otheriwse.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Bart S wrote:As well as contractual positions speaking out in favour of PJ/SO would cause a backlash against them in some quarters, as some people see any kind of support for them as endorsing their “behaviour”.

I do wonder if some people in the media are reacting in a similar way. I would exclude Brian Moore from that as i don’t believe he would care what people thought of his opinions.

What is interesting is that even people like BOD and others are saying the IRFU had no choice in oart because of sponsor reaction. Of course Mr Logan is the only one who seems to think otheriwse.
Playing Devil's advocate here. What would happen if Logan broke ranks and publicly spoke out in defence of Paddy and Stu?
He'd be sacked straight away for gross misconduct with no payout.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Didn't Brian Moore write a book called something like "What goes on tour"?

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Snipe Watson wrote:Playing Devil's advocate here. What would happen if Logan broke ranks and publicly spoke out in defence of Paddy and Stu?
What would happen? Then there'd be a great big feckin party is what would happen lol

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Bart S wrote:As well as contractual positions speaking out in favour of PJ/SO would cause a backlash against them in some quarters, as some people see any kind of support for them as endorsing their “behaviour”.

Playing Devil's advocate here. What would happen if Logan broke ranks and publicly spoke out in defence of Paddy and Stu?
Hardly "gross misconduct".
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

So what now?

Post by rumncoke »

if he had spoken out and made a guarded speech such"' he was glad they had been found not guilty of rape despite the the prosecution use of private messages to attempt to destroy their previously known good character and that Ulster Rugby would benefit greatly form
their skill and experience and they will resume training at Ulster until the completion of any review by the IRFU ."

It might have taken some of the steam out of the media and social
media but the longer any announcement was delayed the greater the harassment of the players .

And like Pilate he washed his hands in public and left them to face the misandry of those who had no interest in justice .

Every player in Ulster now knows the size of yellow streak running down his back .

Logan's silence allowed the "Ibelievesher" hordes deny the innocence of ,Paddy Jackson and Olding ,and assume the attitude that they were guilty and the case had not been proven rather than all the evidence which existed pointed to the fact that the allegation lacked substance and was untrue .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Brian Moore in the Daily Telegraph today:
"I have little sympathy for Paddy Jackson and Stuart Olding - sacking them sends out right message"
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dublin4 wrote:Brian Moore in the Daily Telegraph today:
"I have little sympathy for Paddy Jackson and Stuart Olding - sacking them sends out right message"
Deja vu?
He said this at the weekend

Has he opined on Rob Kearneys sexual harassment yet?

promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

Russ wrote:
Deja vu?

Has that been in the media? Do you have a link?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Anyone seen the player's since? That would be because the media are still hunting them like criminals.

I'm leaving the country in 2 weeks time but really somebody with a great big set of blankets on them needs to start a campaign against those media outlets who have been the feminazis friends in this.

I have previously posted my irritation at "feminazi" as a term. That was before I saw the works of @danielletvgold. What an utter piece of garbage. Feminism is not about revenge and persecution, it is about equality pure and simple. I send her a polite message with no swearie words suggesting that what she is doing doesn't promote feminism as much as it emboldens misogynists.

To my distress I have found a section of weemin I despise. Vicious vindictive unbalanced harridan that one and her ilk.

I suggest that Logan is targeted as a priority and that the BBC NI, Bank if Ireland, BT, Vodaphone and Kingspan are hit wherever the opportunity arises.

If only more people had taken the FIRFU more seriously when they share on Ryan, they may have had a little respect for the damage that could be done by the absence of Ulster support at their horrible little ground.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

promenader 2 wrote:
Russ wrote:
Deja vu?

Has that been in the media? Do you have a link?
Do you have a copy of Lions Raw from 2009?

I'll look to dig out the online link to the specific time but it's fecking horrendous to watch

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Guys have a bit of wit, there is one rule for Nordies different rules for the rest. Bob could slip the Pope a crippler up his shitebax and still be selected at 15 by Mexican Joe.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Guys have a bit of wit, there is one rule for Nordies different rules for the rest. Bob could slip the Pope a crippler up his shitebax and still be selected at 15 by Mexican Joe.
This is true
I wonder what would happen to his silverware endorsements?